Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're making bold assumptions here. We have no idea how far their empire has spread, for starters. I seriously doubt it's just that one system. And then the military: the heat signals of those ships were massive compared to our biggest ships. If those were military ships, I seriously doubt we could engage even one of them without significant losses.

I have no intention of fighting them now. It seems likely they have a 1500 thermal signature warfare ship, 5x the size of one of ours. Part of that will be the fact we rely on missile weapons, but still. I agree with your post except where you say "as long as possible". If they turn out to be vastly superior, sure, leave them be. If they turn out to be inferior we must take advantage, immediately, because they won't be helping us against future enemies - they'll just be blocking us off from valuable resources.

Sirs, I found a use for the Grooms! We can use them as shields! Make a gigantic shield of them and float it in front of our battlefleet. They will take all the hits and we return fire through the gaps made in it!

If so, I say that we should get an agreement first, to be sure that they suddenly won't attack us, just because they researched the technology to jump through jump points.
If we don't get over 200 in the next 5 years, we're really bad. Either we'll have a trade deal and possibly more, or we'll be at war.

I am touched, deeply touched.

I would like to thank all who made possible this promotion. First, the precursors: thanks for these ruins. Second, our fearless Avian leader, without whome their would be no ship to command, and our C-in-C for granting me this promotion

last, my parents. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here. Thank you.

Rear Admiral sir,

I am requesting a transfer to a heavy assault battalion in the illustrious army. I would like to be in the forefront of the war against the Charlies when the s*** hits the intergalactic fan.

Pilot Morrell8

Meanwhile you can visit our new workshop: "Sustainable de-escalation and multilateral conventions as vital parts of contemporary foreign politics".

Last edited:
If we don't get over 200 in the next 5 years, we're really bad. Either we'll have a trade deal and possibly more, or we'll be at war.

At this current rate, we should reach 200 in the next 3 years.. At least. After that we will be able to send non-military ships to their systems.

82 pages?!

You don't really expect me to keep up now do you?!

Disseminating defeatist, falsified propaganda! Where does this event take place, solider? In the figments of your imagination? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Disseminating defeatist, falsified propaganda! Where does this event take place, solider? In the figments of your imagination? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Clearly he has gone mad, he thinks he's fighting Space Romans...