• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hi folks!
I am playing an awesome game as a kingdom of Leon in scenario Hastings (1066) with very hard difficulty setting and weakling (I prefer to call bastard AI) setting for an AI and a question arose. I had an event about spymaster which found an evidence that my newborn son was not of my parentage. I disregarded this rumors because Juan is a decent boy and I don't want to believe that he was not sired by me :) I really want to believe that my Swedish wife is loyal to me and her stats says that she is devotedly loyal. I don't believe this weird rumors about Swedish family and other like nonsense))
First of all I've got this:
rlgrkm.png

I want to believe that he is my boy. Just look at his portrait :):
10cnhaa.png

Maybe I can search somewhere in savegame to find the data about actual parentage? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance! This game is having so much fun. I want to make an AAR based on this game.

As Graf says, looking up the character ID and checking the "father =" line should be the easiest way to get that info.

The Family Tree Maker 2.00 was handy, but a little complicated to get it done.

See this thread and the follow up link there for details:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/subterranean-ck-suite.164781/

CrusaderEd migt be better, but i don't remember what which program actually did.

Last edited:
I made a DNA analysis and found that my heir Juan is definitely a son of my old king Alfonso Jimenez of Leon :) Just look at this data:

1) Here is my king Alfonso I:

character = {
id = { type = 10 id = 108500 }
dyn = 442
tag = LEON
name = "Alfonso"
date = "10400501"
gender = male
religion = catholic
culture = "castillan"
score = { gold = 2123.661 prestige = 2980.918 piety = 1108.818 }
attributes = "5.7.6.5.5.7.536882624"
traits = {
chaste = yes
energetic = yes
selfish = yes
honest = yes
just = yes
modest = yes
zealous = yes
wise = yes
coward = yes
illusive_shadow = yes
war_invalid = yes
crusader = yes
pragmatic = yes
}
father = { type = 10 id = 107510 }
mother = { type = 10 id = 107511 }
loyalty = 1.000
dna = "14223702043300"
}

I am sure that this is my king because I checked his parents IDs.

2) And here is my heir and son Juan Jimenez:

character = {
id = { type = 4712 id = 17277 }
dyn = 442
tag = GALC
name = "Juan"
home = 297
status = yes
date = "10690125"
gender = male
religion = catholic
culture = "castillan"
score = { gold = 34.054 prestige = 361.476 piety = 91.631 }
attributes = "9.7.7.5.7.6.579109152"
traits = {
just = yes
midas_touched = yes
weak_willed = yes
pragmatic = yes
}
father = { type = 10 id = 108500 }
mother = { type = 4712 id = 4403 }
loyalty = 1.000
dna = "14919302043387"
}
I checked all other children and noticed that they are having the same father's ID :) Can this savegame's data be not very accurate? Did somebody ever saw "unofficial" parents in savegame's data or their is only official parents here?

So why this events about spymasters suspicions about parentage of ruler's children appear? It was really interesting that my spymaster was also a mother of Alfonso :) Maybe she just don’t want to tolerate this cold as snow girl near her passionate Spanish macho men son Alfonso.

And what this dna string means in characters data sheet? As I understood it has to do something with a portraits of the characters. Then should a way too different from a father portrait portrait be an evidence that this character is an illegitimate breed?

Last edited: