• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE Reboot/Continuation?
Something burst loudly at the edge of Hoffman's darkened consciousness. A door swung open before he could open his eyes.
"Theodore, up, quickly!"
Hoffman vaguely remembered that he was staying at an inn near the Polish border, and the voice of the intruder as that of Captain Arnold Stumpfler.
"What, Arnold...I'm a bit confused. I had the most incredible dream! Years upon years went by, I'm certain of it!"
"I don't care about any dreams, Hoffman! The declaration came shortly after midnight. The 44th regiment is already probing the Polish frontier. Get dressed or you'll miss the war!"

HoI3_18.jpg

A/N: Right, doing this again. I shot myself in the foot by getting too far ahead the first time and losing my save to a glitch. I suppose I was going to try this again sooner or later. I make every effort to enjoy Hearts of Iron 4, but always for naught. Now I;ve played through the current game until the first day of September and will go from here. What you should hopefully get, according to my original plan:
  • Fake footnotes
  • Fake documentary segments
  • Fake steel division 2 dlcs
  • and more

• 2Like
Reactions:
Minor update
Seems like I was having some save trouble with my second attempt due to using a version of Black Ice 10.33 with an alternate checksum. Third time was indeed the charm here. I reinstalled Hoi3 entirely and things improved quite well. Saves became spotty again after September 1940. I might try to ironman this playthrough depending on how far I get, just for added excitement.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ok welcome back, hope the game cooperates!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I only recently started following HoI3 AARs, but this looks interesting.

It's also reassuring that I'm not the only one who resurrects AARs after they've been on hiatus for two years or more.

• 3Like
Reactions: