• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(51002)

Contra-Vice-Double Colonel
Nov 25, 2005
This is a DD AAR, '36 GC, Normal/Normal, as Germany.

I will only build Cavalry and brigades for my land army. I will garrison with cavalry. I will defend with cavalry. I will attack mountains with cavalry. Only German ardour shall win through!

Update being written as you read this, until I post it. Then it's written.

Playlist:

1 - Motorbike (to the tune of Montage, Team America)
2 - So you Wanna be a Biker? (to the tune of So you Wanna be a Boxer? Bugsy Malone)
3 - This Boy's Born to be a Fascist (This Boy's Born to be a Bureacrat, Futurama)

Last edited:
crim1.jpg

Ignore the tanks in the background. The Fuhrer demands it!

Nuremburg, December the 30th, 1935

It's a crisp winter day, and the German army is conducting field exercises and parades for cheering crowds of Germans, and a group of senior Nazi officials. Among them are the usual suspects.

HITLER: Vat ein lovely day! It's gut to see so many of ze people out here getting nice red cheeks in preparation for ze upcoming conflicts.

GOERING: (Shivering) Yes sir.

Some infantry walk past, brandishing rifles. They attack a collection of straw men and street mimes, dismanting them quickly. The crowd cheers.

HITLER: Hmm. Decent, but I could zee better. Who's next?

GOEBBELS: Looks like Panzers, mein Fuhrer.

HITLER: Eh. Zey'd better be gut.

The Panzers roll past and engage in mock duels with other tanks, knocking over barbed wire. Several break down in clouds of smoke. One accidentally opens fire on the crowd but it's weak 1mm cannon bounces off even the least Aryan viewer. The crowd boos.

LUDWIG BECK: Vell, zat vas pretty scheisse.

HITLER: Next?

GOERING: Looks like ze cavalry. On... vat are zose mounts?

HITLER: Mein Gott! Zey look like...

Cavalrymen zoom past on motorbikes, doing wheelies and driving along on one wheel. They race past targets, blowing them up with grenades and shooting them with pinpoint accuracy.

As one the group stops in front of Hitler and his men. They dismount, and a thumping backbeat blasts out of the nearby speakers.

One cavalryman takes centre, with dozens of SS men flocking to crowd behind him in a rough chorus.

(To the tune of 'Montage' from Team America)

CAVALRYMAN: (Singing) Ha!

The hour's approaching to give it your best,
Your troops have gotta move fast,
That's when you need to put your tanks to rest,
And kick some serious ass,

We're gonna need a MOTORBIKE

SS TROOPS: Motorbike!

CAVALRYMAN: Ooh, it takes a MOTORBIIIKE

CAVALRYMAN: Kill lot of Poles, French people too,
Remind everyone of who's master race

SS TROOPS: Who's master race?

CAVALRYMAN: And with every division add some cool arty guns,
And blast them upside their face

That needs some MOTORBIKES

CAVALRYMAN: Yeah, we want a MOTORBIKE

CAVALRYMAN: In any war if you want style points,

SS TROOPS: Ooh, ooh

CAVALRYMAN: From fighting in fields to strip joints,

You need a MOTORBIKE!

Even the Italians use MOTORBIKES

The music thumps away for several seconds, and the Nazis find themselves tapping along to the beat. Ludwig Beck is already writing a formal letter demanding an army of motorised cavalry.

CAVALRYMAN: In any war if you want style points,

SS TROOPS: Ooh, ooh

CAVALRYMAN: From fighting in fields to strip joints,

You need a MOTORBIKE!

CAVALRYMAN: Ooh it takes a MOTORBIKE!

Always attach brigades to a Motorbiike...

If you add brigades you kick more ass with a motorbiiike...

The music fades out. Hitler seems stunned.

HITLER: Disbant... ze armee.

BECK: VAT?

HITLER: I vant... kavalry. Mit motorbikes.

The crowd goes WILD.

:rofl: :rofl: motorbikes! soon we will have the hells angel motorbike division...and divs will now be called biker gangs! :p

You. Stole. My. Idea. From. Two. Years. Ago.

They should be called the Reich Bikers! :D

You. Stole. My. Idea. From. Two. Years. Ago.

Calm down.

I did? Was it that Austria AAR? I'd actually forgotten it existed, but if you're offended I'm sorry.

Alexus said:
Calm down.

I did? Was it that Austria AAR? I'd actually forgotten it existed, but if you're offended I'm sorry.
No, you calm down! Why are people always asking me to be calm when I'm calm, and not when I need calming?

It never really got off the ground, since I was going to start it after my DoG I AAR got finished and it never did, but I was going to play Germany through the ages with using only cavalry-type troops.

No, you calm down! Why are people always asking me to be calm when I'm calm, and not when I need calming?

But I'm calm as well.

It never really got off the ground, since I was going to start it after my DoG I AAR got finished and it never did, but I was going to play Germany through the ages with using only cavalry-type troops.

How the hell was I supposed to know about it then?

W0000T! Seems like something worth following! I can't wait to see all those motorbiker divisions turned to Die Hellikoptertotenkopferabteilungs! Now THAT will be something cool! Not that Barbarossa with PureCav wasn't, though. The coolest thing of all is, however, the fact that you'll have COSSACKS in your army from almost the beginning!!11 :D

Magic, of course.

You won't be able to undertake any offensives...

What about only HQs?

-Delta- said:
We've already seen HQs smash the Soviets in 44 didn't we? *g*
There was like 19 HQs and some 250 other divisions (if it is Von Who's AAR you're talking about, right?) so it's rather hardly comparable.

You know what? I can actually see some serious butt-stomping going on here. In the mid-late war, cavalry do get chewed up a bit, but before about '43 they can do amazing things. I hope you're allowing yourself HQs and airplanes, right?!?

My one concern is amphibous invasions; horses hate transports. But, seeing as how you're playing Germany, you can do quite a lot before having to worry about that. If you do start getting bogged down, try building a huge navy and inflict a 100% shore bombardment penalty on the fools who try and stop you. Go with either carriers or advanced destroyers (the ones that get 2 shore bombardment, not 1).