• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rey 327

Recruit
Jul 22, 2018
Hi, I'm playing POE on XBOX but some achievements are not unlocking:

-"All Upgrades in Stronghold" (there is nothing else available to build in act 3 but it didn't unlock)
-"Disposition" I'm actually benevolent 3, intelligent 4, diplomatic 3 and rational 3, but nothing happened
-"The watcher with eight friends" I have Eder, Palegina, Hiravias, Kana, Sagani, Aloth, The Mother and the priest of Magran. Nothing happened

I'm about to finish the game (I m doing the gods' missions) and a lot of other achievements unlock.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Corrado

I contacted Obsidian and they said to contact Paradox because they did the port.
This is what Paradox said:

"As far as I'm aware the achievements should be working as intended but I've been wrong before :p. I've opened a report but Pillars isn't in development and is what we call a Legacy game. That means that there are no planned updates or patches for it so if this is indeed broken it may never get fixed :("

So we may just be out of luck. On that stronghold achievement it shows 9% have unlocked it so maybe there is something we missed. I may auto-resolve the next attack because it will usually damage an upgrade and you have to re-upgrade it, maybe that will trigger the achievement?

Hi Guys, It's nice to see that I'm not alone in this. Anyway I tried multiple times the stronghold attack trick but nothing. What really pissed me off is that even the achievements that required to kill both the adra Dragon and the Sky Dragon didn't pop. And I spent hours to kill them. My wild guess is that in certain way the game "doesn't count" all our actions in the game, especially kills. For example, I "stole" the achievements to finish the game with less than 400 kills. I was going for the other one, I was over 1400 kills but I got the other one! At the same time, everything about White March works perfectly....

Hello guys. Let me explain what is happening. Every time the console is being turned off the achievements' trackers are being reseted. This means that achievements that are not instant (for exemple complete Act I), need to be done in one sitting. Loading is ok, I cant say the same for quiting to main menu.

Examples from my 1st playthrough
I killed the two dragons in one sitting: Won the achievement
I killed more than 2000 units, turned on my console, load my save just before the ending: Got the pacifist achievement.

In few words you lose all achievement progress when you turn off the console and that issue has nothing to do with the save file.

This is completely unacceptable. Many of us enjoy and love this game, spending well over hundreds, if not thousands, of hours playing and adventuring. If the company is unable to do anything about it and prefer continuing to maintain this air of radio silence, then perhaps we're best served bringing it to the attention of the media. I have a few acquaintances in those circles, so maybe they would be interested in this debacle.

Some of the achievements are clearly broken on the Xbox One due to one of your patches to the game. Is there anyone alive around here at Paradox Interactive that can help us out? It's not like any of us are asking for miracles here, just some basic respect and communication.

As it stands, if there's no future upcoming fix to these grievous errors and oversight by them, then I will simply never purchase another game that Paradox Interactive works on in the future.

Ring the bell(s).

Ehhhh it happens. It isn't Paradox's game they just ported it to xbox from pc. When I asked someone from Paradox about it they told me they had no plans to ever fix it so that is final as far as I'm concerned and I would just let it go or ask again in the future.

If I play again on console I will just try to upgrade the stronghold in one sit down just for the achievement because of the work around the person above figured out.

As far as the media thing no one will care for one and for two you cant just make someone do something they dont want to even with pressure a lot of times.

Paradox is still porting good games including Pillars of Eternity 2 very soon.

Oh, I think that people will care - especially if it affects their bottom line: the almighty dollar. Broken achievements, is broken achievements. That's entirely on Paradox, and they know it.

If enough people speak with their wallet (talking future games) and are turned off by their shoddy work, broken achievements, and flippant attitude toward their own negligence - well, that's lost revenue and customers.

Avoiding games that Paradox works on, including ports like this one, will be my modus operandi moving forward. No skin off my nose, there's plenty of games out there and companies that take pride in the basic function of game code.

It matters more than you might think.

This should be sorted in a patch that's just around the corner ;)! Keep an eye out for updates. Soon. Very soon.

Saw the announcement for Vampire Bloodlines Masquerade 2, got so excited I even double checked to make sure I still had the original. Then I decided to come and see the progress of ACKNOWLEDGING and FIXING the issues on Pillars of Eternity and I see we once again have static in the air. Makes me fully believe they'll treat the UNFINISHED, BROKEN Vampire the same way when they release it. Meaning, I'll not buy it or Pillars 2. I'm done being the game tester and not being paid for it. This kind of behavior needs to be called out. I will not buy another new title on release day even closely related to this company again. From now on, it's used or not at all. I. Don't. HAVE. To. Play. Games. Besides which I have a back catalogue of 360 titles to get to....you know, the ones that work WITHOUT insesant updates, that work right out of the case, WITHOUT being online? Fix your games before releasing them and you might garner an even bigger audience.

I would love to start supporting Paradox again, but I do not believe the Administrator that a patch is incoming to Xbox One. More and more developers are releasing games with broken achievements. I find it quite unprofessional. As someone who buys almost all high profile games, I have added Paradox to the "never purchase" category and have encouraged my friends to do the same. Accountability should mean something to developers.

Yeah, about 6 years ago I went from buying nearly 10 "new" games a year to now I'm at about 2 per year. I bought this one because it had been out for a while and I figured what with our inane update culture that it should have all the issues fixed by now. Nope! So, suffice to say, I'm done. I think I'll have to start gamefly up again, rent them, try them on another profile and then and only then if they're complete will I purchase them. I'd rather Pay some company to rent from than to pay a developer/ publisher to test a potentially unfinished broken game for them. In fact I'm a couple days away from cancelling Rage 2. I heard a blip a few weeks back about micro transactions and now nothing.
As I've said before and am sticking to, I'm going back to my 360 catalogue, at least they work....OFFLINE, no fixing them every month. The whole title is on the disc. No nonsense gaming, the way it should be. And for my Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines fix, I'll just drag out my PC copy, set up a keyboard to controller program and play that. I will NOT purchase this developers/ publishers sequel title.
I did the same thing when the Styx devs/ pubs decided to implement co-op instead of fixing a glitched chievo, then they decided to Remove negative comments about not fixing their game, then proceeded to start work on Call of C'Thulhu. So, I cancelled that pre-order too.

I would like to add to the chorus that I would also like to see this patched soon.

While I understand that Paradox took on publishing responsibilities for this console title some time ago, I think there should still be some fiduciary obligation to those that have purchased the game to ensure that it is still working (particularly patches that 'break' key features, like achievements). Considering this is a single-player title, I would think that there should be some effort made to remedy this.

Here's hoping a resolution comes soon, or at least a time frame for when we can expect one.