• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(68384)

Recruit
Feb 12, 2007
'We were not able to construct a path to the game data directory. Make sure you have properly configured documents, plsease contact support'. Hello support, what do you want me to do now?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 0
Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

You may need to add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2020.16/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

If those don't help, in Windows Explorer right click on Documents (under This PC), properties, location. What do you see there?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

You may need to add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2020.16/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

If those don't help, in Windows Explorer right click on Documents (under This PC), properties, location. What do you see there?
Hello ty for for quick reply I am using MS security essentials, still not working, here is a screenshot to answer your queries, whats next please?
Clipboard02.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
So you are on Windows 7, is that right? I've pretty much forgotten anything I know about that ... :)

However excluding folders or files from a scan will not help this issue, which is about file system read and write access. Whether that app has that function I don't know.

Is your Windows User really called Public? Or is there another one that you are signed into Windows as? Because ot's the Documents folder under that user the game/launcher has a problem with.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are correct on Windows 7 (why would I downgrade :D), but my user is 'SSD', not 'Public'. You offered a clue to my problem, so I chaged my Documents properties to look like this (see pic). Still not working :(

The only other game I have had any problem running is Age Of Wonders Planetfall, which is also one of yours I believe. Sp hopefully we can get that working also. I have owned all your other strategy games and have never had a problem before, but haven't played any of them for a couple of years so I hope they still work.

Never understood why Windows saves game states all over the place in obsure hidden folders on my c: drive :)

Clipboard02.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are looking there at the properties of the Documents folder I believe, or library. In File Explorer is there a Documents in the left column under This PC or something like that? That's where it is in Win10. If so right click on it, properties, and there should be a Location tab.

FYI the game developers decide where they write save files, not MS or Windows.

Can you confirm you have access to that c:\users\ssd\ folder? You can put files there etc?

• 1Like
Reactions:
FIXED ty for patience! Made a new user and the program worked fine for them. For my old user, found that 'location' tab was missing from 'My Documents', but also 'My Documents' was missing, remembered that I moved 'my documents' to another drive years ago, went into REGEDIT, found that USER SHELL FOLDER 'personal' pointed to a drive I physically REMOVED about 6 months ago :D !! Windows will not let me create new 'My Documents', so in REGEDIT I have pointed 'personal' to '%userprofile%\ VIDEOS' and it seems to work for original user. :D :D . peace.

• 1Love
Reactions: