• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Theres a post up the page where he says there is no chace he can make it and via conversations in game as of yesterday. I haven't talked to him today so IDK. Mighty you had a really good excuse for being late/not playing so its all good. I'm probably a bit anal about the tiime as I generally get on about 10 minutes before a scheduled game is due to start.

Geo's having a nap and coming back at 11 so if no Abyss then KR?

You played ?

Ah, and why ?

You weren't there and we figured you wouldn't be happy with a sub or AI running the CSA- not that we had a sub anyway.

Just a game to kill time with, nothing serious.

THIS game will remain our primary abyss, the other one can just be for when people are bored :D

When next for this game?

Ill be in tonight from 8pm qld to play one of them :)

I'll be back on Sunday about 3pm qld, 6pm kiwi

I can make that but am out between NZ 9pm - 11pm.

A YELLOW DAWN

For too long the Japanese people have been assailed by harrowing stories of the slaughter by Russian brutes of the peaceful indigenous of Siberia. For too long the saber rattling megalomaniac holed up in the Kremlin has threatened disorder and so enfeebled the surrounding nations that commerce has ground to a halt. For too long but now no longer as justice has struck!

The rightful advance of the glorious Japanese Defence Forces continues unabated. Our troops will arrive at the pre-ordained and secret meeting point of Japanese, Roman, Confederate, Indian and APR forces far ahead of schedule.

The dastardly Russians begged for peace and used the ensuing cease fire to prepare their defence only to reject offer they had agreed upon, damn their dastardly and repugnant souls. Now it is Total War and Total War alone.

Last edited:
RED STORM RISING

Russia refuses the terms dictated by the perfidious assault by the PRRS on the motherland. It is now winter and brave Russian soldiers rally for the defense of the Rodina. Like Napoleon before him the Japanese well freeze to death in the wastes of mother Russia.Intelligence sources indicate that the PRRS has committed a reasonable amount of their army for their Siberian adventure. While it is Winter in Russia it is nice and warm in the tropical possessions of the PRRS. Russia can offer 80 supplies per day to any country wishing to enlarge their empire in China or the Pacific. An inventory of Russian needs also reveals surpluses of various types of equipment that can be gifted. Less than half of our army is required to deal with the Yellow peril. Russia is more than happy to share its resources with the brotherhood of nations. Only winter and distance restrains the bears paw.

RED STORM RISING

Russia refuses the terms dictated by the perfidious assault by the PRRS on the motherland. It is now winter and brave Russian soldiers rally for the defense of the Rodina. Like Napoleon before him the Japanese well freeze to death in the wastes of mother Russia.Intelligence sources indicate that the PRRS has committed a reasonable amount of their army for their Siberian adventure. While it is Winter in Russia it is nice and warm in the tropical possessions of the PRRS. Russia can offer 80 supplies per day to any country wishing to enlarge their empire in China or the Pacific. An inventory of Russian needs also reveals surpluses of various types of equipment that can be gifted. Less than half of our army is required to deal with the Yellow peril. Russia is more than happy to share its resources with the brotherhood of nations. Only winter and distance restrains the bears paw.

Teddy bear's picnic???

I could use some CAS, before I DOW...

You can't do much to PRRS due to geography, and you didn't honour your commitments last time I gave you units so bad luck. Things like CAS and various other bits and pieces or future buiods are things Russia can provinde. I have alot of IC, low MP nd are happy to share.

The Japanese President was pleased to inform the Soviet house of deputies that the liberation campaign in Siberia met with complete and inexpensive success. The PRRS looks forward to a epoch of peace and stability throughout the region.

Talking about peace and stability theres a few problems in Europe. Russia can no longer advance as technically we are at peace with Roma who is now a puppet of the CSA. However I'm still at war with the DDR. I can always redeclear on ROma and kepe advancing but it looks like I'll have to annex the DDR and hand the territory back to Roma in a proper peace deal.

Anyone heard from Angry?

Hi guys,

I'm alive - one of the beauties of having been at work when it hit! Unfortunately immediately after the 'Quake i couldn't contact pre-school where my wife worked, raise her on the mobile, and the same was the case for my mum and dad. Work generously let me leave, so at 1:30pm I jumped in the car home (a trip that would normally take 45 mins max). I took what I considered a quick way home, had a few traffic diversions, and at one point missed a turn off cos no one would let me in. That meant I had to do a huge detour/ sightseeing trip through Woolston/Opawa/Ferrymead (google it) - the exact route was east bound alone Broughtham Street onto some street starting with P and eventually onto Dyers Road. Long story short on the way I drove through flood waters everywhere, over a bridge with a 1 inch crack down the length of it, saw multiple cars which shouldn't be called TOYOTA but rather FORD (cos they were found on roadside DEAD), and even saw a car embedded in the road (on a 45* angle upended with the bonnet submerged in liquidfaction). To add to this, the flloding was made worse by submerged potholes the likes of which mirror images of a war ravaged city.

I get home (at 7.02pm)to find two vehicles on my lawn, neither of which is my wife's. Neighbour rushes over as she sees me start to despair, let's me know she's gone to mum and dad's. So i enter the house, see everything trashed, everything of value thrown to the ground and smashed asundar. The greatest miracle of all? The 12yo scotch which feel from the top shelve (2 or 3 m up) directly to the ground survived without any cracks - a very welcome relief. Computer is fruczored, as is everything else. Have had to abandon the house as the back has a mix of liquifaction and sewage morphed into a yellow sticky conglomerate about 30cm thick at its shallow point. No water, no power, no sewerage or phone, severe flooding and liquifaction every fucking where.

So gathered food and bottled water, clothes etc. Set the nieghbours up with our BBQ and frozen food, called work took leave, left neghbours with catfood etc for us, placed feed out for chickens etc, jumped in the car, and drove to mum/dad's.

On way I had to cross a bridge which the Fulton Hogan guys said was, "At your own risk". passed it fine, headed down Queen Elizabeth drive, passed Mairehau high school, down Innes Road, turned down forfar street - rooted the Cefiro's Underbonnet guard on a frickin submerged pothole (was under 2 feet of water), saw steam come from bonnet - went ffs, and reversed out the best part of 200m underwater - ripped the underguard off, did a 3 point turn (in the middle of the flooded sewerage on the road.) and headed out to innes, back to cranford, down warrington into Barbadoes, down as far as Edward ave (parets street), saw the flooding was worse and cars were FORD in the middle of the street. Drove to Edgeware road, turned left, then left into Geraldine st, down to Ed ave, saw the flooding was stillas bad there, turned around, and decided to drive on the footpath - SLAM into a pothole that would have made the grand canyon look small! Stuck as stuck could be. Lucky a man and his 2 teenage sons were driving past, they gave me a hand, and i drove back to Edgeware, down to hill road and into Edward Ave - made it there. Took me 2 hours to do a trip that usually would tak 15 minutes.

Then there was the panic of keeping the kids close as the aftershocks hit that night - we decided early mornign to get wifey's dad to pick us up as we figured roading would only egt worse. We are now safely in the southern most city on the planet - Invercargill.

Will be here for next 2 or 3 weeks. National state of emergency - this is definately the worse state Chch has ever been in in the 29 years i've called her home. Gunna move for sure now.

So gaming wise - i did take my headset from Home to M&D's but left it there with our 3 vehicles. Our kids are alive and uninjured but Wife and middle daughter are traumatised. Computer and net where we are wouldn't be able to handle anything so, play on everything that we had going WITHOUT me. I will not be home home until at least Friday 4 March. At that's the Eaaaaaaaarliest, so play on. And if the allies lose its all ZARD and Geo's fault ;-p .

In terms of helping, if anyone in the paradox world does want to help, the best and only real way to help is send money to the relief fund (RED CROSS), oh and thanks for the USAR teams from Aussie and UK/JAPAN - extremely helpful - along with the 500 odd singaporian soldiers here on exercise.

As someone who was in both the 7.1 and 6.3 EQ's the 6.3 had been way more devastating to infra - puts the TACs Infra bombing in HOI3 to shame - and well that says a lot!

PS: If mods read this I have been liberal with language in places - sorry but given what's happened i really don't give a fuck.