• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zardnaar

Field Marshal
62 Badges
Oct 8, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Looks like the other one we played in is dead.

Abyss game
No alliances

Open for suggestions on everything else (tech team capture on/ off etc)

1-2 sessions a week each 2-3 hours in evenings (aussie/NZ time)

New players welcome.

Pick a team (doesn't have to be locked in stone).

Zardnaar= Prussia

Last edited:
Wait a moment. You want to play a new abyss game while you dont want to continue the sunday game another day ?

I've been informed that the other games are essentially dead/inactive. None of the other major games have been played in over a month. 6am games are right out as I have to leave at 8am or so and none of them started on time anyway which cuts playing time down to 1hr assuming I can be assed getting up at 5:45am or so.

The old Abyss game is dead apparently, 36 GC games tend to implode it seems one one team starts to lose or through differences of opinion in strategy/not supporting your alies properly.

Last edited:
I've been informed that the other games are essentially dead/inactive. None of the other major games have been played in over a month. 6am games are right out as I have to leave at 8am or so and none of them started on time anyway which cuts playing time down to 1hr assuming I can be assed getting up at 5:45am or so.

The old Abyss game is dead apparently, 36 GC games tend to implode it seems one one team starts to lose or through differences of opinion in strategy/not supporting your alies properly.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511103-Abyss-game&p=12197376#post12197376

Just in case you missed this... oh and my name is not on the official list of deceased yet so before we decide to start a new game wait till i'm buried first.

That said Zard if the issue is not wanting to join me as Pepsii's bitch then I understand ;-)

Put me down for something like ES or USNA. Would also be keen for an AoD version.

I'm happy enough to keep playig that old game it just seems inactive. I have AoD as well. Being Pepsii's bitch is fine.

depends on what geo/MG wants. But why not bourbons ?

I will play whatever and whenever.

Provided we dont get (insert natural disaster). the other 36gc only stopped because of angrys ground wobbling. The one since that, because i got raped..... and i was germany ^^

I wouldn't mind Roma or USNA but Angry has called dibs on that. Cossacks always a nice default option but a team with higher MP would be nice/unusual. Myff is keen but wants tech team capture off. Rastius and myself had a brief discussion and he thought it was a bit silly as if you lack a jet or nue team you are going to suck beyond 43. I pointed out.

1. Build rocket sites, most plane tech teams can research alot of rocket techs and the ones they can use rocket sites to speed up research which isn't that bad with a lvl 7-9 team with no relevent fields with a lvl 10 rocket base.

2. Atomic bomb tech team. USA and Roma have good ones, Russia has a team with nuclear engineering and physics and is lvl 5, no other teams have both fieds with their nuke teams. Even with tech team capture on somone is gonna miss out.

With tech team capture off personally I would be more inclined to gangbang any side that started to build nuke reactors. Its also different from what we have in the last game.

I think that tech team capture OFF is better.

With tech team capture off personally I would be more inclined to gangbang any side that started to build nuke reactors. Its also different from what we have in the last game.

Except if they dont talk about it you dont know there building them or not ^^.

This isnt a game im hosting so i dont care for tech on or off. (but only girls play with it off), looks at kiwi and frenchy :p

Well i'm not to fussed who i go but Tech team capture does need to be on, it is a lot more fun, and tbh the issue with timezones will be ongoing. I'll see on the day who goes what and choose appropriately.

And I pointed out that if you pair of noobs what a ****** game like that you two are more than welcome to take apr and indochina whilst i take Rome etc.

Noob.

Count me in!!! :)) saturdays are best for me, but beings lour time difference, we could prolly play during the week also!! :))

Mighty G you can tell via your intelligence screen if people reseacrh the nuke techs or not and you can look for nuke reactors on the map.

King Tiger you can play on Friday nights USA time that would make it Sat afternoon NZ time and around midday Aussie time? Tentative start date of next Saturday the 26th?

If tech team capture is off Rastius and Angry can have 1st pick of the teams if they want as Roma and USNA have excellent tech teams although both lack rocketry. Everyone may have a different opinion at the end of it but if it sucks to much with tech team capture off I'll never bring it up again. In our last game we played CSA and Roma ended up with all the good tech teams anyway and Russia wasn't to shabby and it may negate the grab a capital mentality or pcik on countries like Australasia and Sweden who have decent tech teams but low manpower.

Mighty G you can tell via your intelligence screen if people reseacrh the nuke techs or not and you can look for nuke reactors on the map.

reseaarch yes...

You cant see nuke reactors hidden by the fog of war. A smart player will build his nuke reactors where they cant be seen........ unless someone looks at the save then they know ^^

Only the host has access to the save though.Basically if anyone started researching 1943+ nuke technologies I would be trying to arrange a gang bang on them. Same deal with rocket sites? Another option is to try and have the game over more or less by 44.

Just checked the folowiung countries have nuke tech teams although only the USNA and Roma ones are particuly great. Some other countries have Nuclear Physics but not Engineering.

Roma
USNA
Prussia
UK Soviets
Russia

Depends on what you want more (tech teams, manpower, geographic postion etc). For the most part with TT capture on USNA/CSA and Bourbon or Roma will probably end up with most of the best ones anyway unless you have 2-3 human players in western Europe.

Last edited:
If tech team is off Im out. Have fun.