• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think it's anything you said. My PC is perfectly and I have no problem with any other game.

I repeat that before the launcher was installed, Stellaris and EUIV worked perfectly. If the problem were in one of the two games, maybe, but it is in both. What is the common point? The launcher
He is right, after the game starts the launcher is not even present. I bet you get the same problem if you run eu4.exe and stellaris.exe by themselves.

There are many more common points between those games that just the new launcher.

Please pick one and make a new thread in its tech support forum. Thanks.

Hello, Anders Törlind!

It Seems there is a Lot of Issues with the Launcher Like 20 Different Ways it Won't Install and No Compatibility with Paradox Games and Mods

Can you Possibly Make it so When I Launch Games I can Choose whether to use the New Launcher or Not?

Thanks.

Hello, Anders Törlind!

It Seems there is a Lot of Issues with the Launcher Like 20 Different Ways it Won't Install and No Compatibility with Paradox Games and Mods

Can you Possibly Make it so When I Launch Games I can Choose whether to use the New Launcher or Not?

Thanks.
With PDS games you can already do this, just run say eu4.exe

The launcher is buggy.
With Prison Architect, my Steam Controller is not working any more, abd Cities Skylines takes forever to load, in its current state I refuse to wait hours for the game to start.

The launcher is buggy.
With Prison Architect, my Steam Controller is not working any more, abd Cities Skylines takes forever to load, in its current state I refuse to wait hours for the game to start.
I doubt that the launcher has anything to do with your Steam controller issue.

The slow load issue on CSL is being looked into.

I doubt that the launcher has anything to do with your Steam controller issue.

The slow load issue on CSL is being looked into.

Hi AndrewT,

The Steam Controller only works in Big Picture mode with Steam Overlay enabled.
Unfortunately the launcher disables the Steam Overlay in both games, thus no cotroller support.

No need for doubt here, please check for yourself.

The Steam overlay is certainly not working in CSL (I haven't checked PA). I logged a bug on that yesterday. But I don't think that is anything to do with the launcher. It has happened before in previous CSL versions.

Last edited:
Then I guess it’s just a weird coincidence that none of my games which received a new launcher recently support the Controller any more.

Steam Overlay + Controller only work while the launcher is active, once the game starts, the launcher quits and Steam disables Overlay + Controller support. It's a fact and can be reproduced on any machine.

Please see for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a controller so I can't comment on that. Best i think to post that in a new thread in the CSL support forum, see if other controller users are finding that too. If so I can log a bug on that also.

Are you actually planning to make the "launcher" even somewhat useful for Cities:Skylines? So far the only use it has is prolonging the loading time and crashing the game. Or even better, could you just do a roll back and make a number of CS players happy?

unmerged(267074)
FYI if you log out of the forums then back in again, your merge should complete.

FYI if you log out of the forums then back in again, your merge should complete.

And were you even considering an answer to the actual question? These fora are nice sometimes, but usually for a non-hard core player such as myself, tertiary in greater scheme of things. Hence I've not been bothered in minor things, such as the screen name here. So as a repeat:

Are you actually planning to make the "launcher" even somewhat useful for Cities:Skylines? So far the only use it has is prolonging the loading time and crashing the game. Or even better, could you just do a roll back and make a number of CS players happy?

I posted this as a bug report in the Stellaris forums back in October, but on Linux the Launcher Window
1: Automatically launches on leftmost window regardless of Primary Monitor status;
2: Shrinks itself to the width of the window it launches on.
This causes issues, as the Launcher window is not resizable, and needs to be pretty wide to show everything (1080 pixels from a vertical 1080p monitor isn't enough). The bug report has some screenshots and detail.

And were you even considering an answer to the actual question? These fora are nice sometimes, but usually for a non-hard core player such as myself, tertiary in greater scheme of things. Hence I've not been bothered in minor things, such as the screen name here. So as a repeat:

I'm not planning on doing anything about the launcher, as I am not the launcher developer. I leave that question for them to address.

I addressed the issue I saw that I could usefully respond to.

I have to wonder at the benefits of making a launcher available with an API developers can use in their game versus making an API available for the same services so that developers can use that in their game without requiring a separate launcher.
When the rollout of a separate launcher on a per-game basis causes said game to stop running, become unstable (if circumventing the launcher so it will actually run), and/or prevents existing mods from doing their job to make a game run smoother ("less steam" springs to mind), how much of an improvement is it considered to be over a game which ran fine before?
Where is the opt-out to the telemetry gathering in the first place, and will this get a more obvious placement in the games/launcher in question? Where's the ability for people who don't want the launcher to stick with an older version of the software which they paid for (including all DLCs released up to this point) when they disagree with the need for a launcher?
Why do you push something upon people who don't want it, when those people are your paying customers? Do you wish to alienate us? Do you not want our money?

Remove my post if you will, I am done putting money in your company until the launcher is removed. I had the Paradox Launcher (distribution system, what?) installed before, but removed that as well thanks to this new launcher project. If it stays and becomes an unavoidable thing when wanting to play your games, I will simply no longer play your games.

I Have Already Tried This, It Just Wants me to Install the Launcher, and it Won't.
You must be running it from a desktop shortcut or something. You need to run eu4.exe directly bt double clicking on it in File Explorer.

Where's the ability for people who don't want the launcher to stick with an older version of the software which they paid for (including all DLCs released up to this point) when they disagree with the need for a launcher?
All current PDS games have older versions (including pre-launcher) available in the Steam Betas tab for the relevant games.

All current PDS games have older versions (including pre-launcher) available in the Steam Betas tab for the relevant games.
I am sorry, but this is not true.

I just check my Cities skyline and there is no option to opt-out to any beta versions.
Do you need to use some code to enable it?

Attachments

• Steam_WqBpXXYwdy.png
    Steam_WqBpXXYwdy.png
    15,1 KB · Views: 18