• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Battle bunny

General
27 Badges
Sep 12, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I've just recently gotten FtG. Back in EU2, I really loved AGCEEP, and I see that it still exists, however, I also see other options such as Plvs Vltra (which, if I see it correctly, is pretty much AGCEEP plus Watkabaoi bundled together), as well as the new betas. What I want to know are the following:

Which version of the base game are the major mods' latest versions compatible with? Can I play them all with the Beta 29?

What shape are the mods in? I assume AGCEEP is quite stable and free of bugs, but seems a touch dated. Does PV work properly, i.e. are there a lot of problems from the improved map being superimposed on AGCEEP, or have those issues been settled?

Thanks!

Welcome to FTG!

AGCEEP and PV are compatible with the latest patch, provided you get the latest versions of both. There are some compatibility issues between AGCEEP and the latest patch, but nothing game-breaking. (Some changes in religion names/IDs resulted in odd effects in AGCEEP. There might be a fix for it by now though. Those issues are not present in PV.)

AGCEEP is definitely stable, and whatever bugs there are are largely minor. It might be a good idea to visit the AGCEEP forum here and have a look through the later pages of the bug list thread first, however. You'll have to fix stuff yourself though, as there is no new AGCEEP version of the horizon as far as I know.

As for PV; it works, and a lot of issues have been resolved, but there are still plenty of issues with wrong/missing cores, missing shields, some event files not having been properly updated (Fantasy Germany/Italy, for instance) and most of the new countries having no events. If you are going to play it, I'd recommend going with one of the "important" countries, since those seem to have received more attention in terms of adapting the event files for PV. It generally functions well regardless of country, however. That said, while the new map is great, don't expect PV to feel quite as polished as standard AGCEEP in its present state.

Last edited:
Hi Battle Bunny,

what Kuld von Reyn is referring to here

There are some compatibility issues between AGCEEP and the latest patch, but nothing game-breaking. (Some changes in religion names/IDs resulted in odd effects in AGCEEP. There might be a fix for it by now though. Those issues are not present in PV.)

is that some religions will be incorrectly named if you don't take appropriate action.

What you need to do, as explained in this post - although my suggested solution is IMHO quicker, is simply to copy FtG's 1.2 ...\Mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English\religions.csv file over your 1.3 installation (with the latest AGCEEP version installed over it: grab it here - it's the very first link in that thread) and you'll be good to go. I've done it (I play AGCEEP exclusively) and it works like a charm.

Oh, and now don't forget to take advantage of the coolest avatars in the whole PI fora!

I am a little confused here about Titan79's instructions. I have FTG 1.2 installed and backed up in one folder and I just installed 1.3 with theAGCEEP 1.59b4 hot fix in another folder.

To fix the religion issue, do I copy the ...\For the Glory\Localisation\English\religions.csv file from the 1.2 install to the ...\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English folder for 1.3?

I don't have a religions.csv file in the ...\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English for 1.2.

Many thanks for any help.

I am a little confused here about Titan79's instructions. I have FTG 1.2 installed and backed up in one folder and I just installed 1.3 with theAGCEEP 1.59b4 hot fix in another folder.

To fix the religion issue, do I copy the ...\For the Glory\Localisation\English\religions.csv file from the 1.2 install to the ...\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English folder for 1.3?

I don't have a religions.csv file in the ...\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Localisation\English for 1.2.

That´s o.k.
When FtG was still using version 1.2 the AGCEEP mod simply had no such file (and no need to). Not having a file in a mod simply means the game falls back to the same file from the vanilla game.
Not every mod modifies everything and so a lot of mods don´t have all files in the mod folder but use a lot of files from the main game.

However as FtG 1.3 changes *a lot* of things and AGCEEP did not make all the same changes from 1.3 onward you have to use that file in AGCEEP.