• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Some facts:
Dark fantasy setting. King Arthur is now the Maimed King, trying to mend a land torned asunder as he strives to heal himself
Stunning plot line, heroic battles and expanded morality chart that unlocks new features.
Large scale battles, with bigger armies to defeat powerful foes.
Intense boss fights, where the hero's forces are pitted against unique and terrifying foes.
Wide range of camera control options, revised animations and an extensive tutorial creating a more accesible and visually stunning experience.

This game sounds good!

I know nothing about it except it's name, is it set in the time the "real King Arthur2 is most likely to be around? (Dark ages)
And is it like Mount and Blade or more strategy based?

W

I better hurry and get a decent computer so I can play the first one :eek:

This game sounds good!

I know nothing about it except it's name, is it set in the time the "real King Arthur2 is most likely to be around? (Dark ages)
And is it like Mount and Blade or more strategy based?

W

its strategy based and its a fantasy scenario, so its not historical accurate

Hi guys,

Welcome to the King Arthur II Forum. As I see there are some things you want to know about the game.

In this sequel you are still Arthur, the high king of the land, but now you suffered a wound that would never heal and so your realm suffers with you. Monsters roam all over Britannia – which is now twice as big as in the first game, because not only the South but the Middle and Northern parts of Britannia are also waiting for you to conquer.

The story of King Arthur II begins when something ancient and powerful awoke beyond Britannia and the Holy Grail was destroyed by strange magic. Your Knights of the Round Table turned against each other or they’re alone in the darkness fighting for survival. Kings battle again for the chunks of the former realm. Your kingdom that once was the place of peace and prosperity turned into a Wasteland where the forests turned into barren fields and grey clouds cover the sky. The demon-like beings, called Fomorians swarm on the lands destroying everything what’s left. Dark times are these for Britannia, where you are the only hope for your people.

King Arthur II is a fantasy game, with lots of fantasy monsters, magic and flying creatures. Oh, yes :) Flying creatures. Guess what this means :) YES, yes, yes. It means two levels in battles to fight: ground AND air!! :)

King Arthur II uses a NEW engine, and beside the fact that everything in the game will look way more beautiful, it also makes possible to fight much bigger battles, with a lot more men on the battlefield at the same time, and the unit movement and the animation system gets a huge overhaul as well.

For the fans of the first game I’m proud to tell, that this sequel is also a Role-playing Wargame, a unique blend of RPGs and strategy games. But now we changed the balance a bit between these gaming styles: on the Campaign map more RPG, in the battles more tactics. It’ll be so much fun! :)

Quests are still part of the game – and even more important.

Oh, yes. And about the other lady, Linda: she’s a new member of our team, and from now on you’ll see her a lot more, because she’ll be responsible for the communication on the Forums – with you :) Of course I won’t disappear, this is only about being more present on this Forum to answer as many of your questions as possible.

So, if I missed any questions just let me know, and if you’re eager to know anything else about the game, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Question for Kate/Linda: What unit/army morale system will you be using? If any.

I hope you don't import the overly complicated unit morale from Lionheart. King Arthur (the original) had it right.

Hi guys,

Welcome to the King Arthur II Forum. As I see there are some things you want to know about the game.

In this sequel you are still Arthur, the high king of the land, but now you suffered a wound that would never heal and so your realm suffers with you. Monsters roam all over Britannia – which is now twice as big as in the first game, because not only the South but the Middle and Northern parts of Britannia are also waiting for you to conquer.

The story of King Arthur II begins when something ancient and powerful awoke beyond Britannia and the Holy Grail was destroyed by strange magic. Your Knights of the Round Table turned against each other or they’re alone in the darkness fighting for survival. Kings battle again for the chunks of the former realm. Your kingdom that once was the place of peace and prosperity turned into a Wasteland where the forests turned into barren fields and grey clouds cover the sky. The demon-like beings, called Fomorians swarm on the lands destroying everything what’s left. Dark times are these for Britannia, where you are the only hope for your people.

King Arthur II is a fantasy game, with lots of fantasy monsters, magic and flying creatures. Oh, yes :) Flying creatures. Guess what this means :) YES, yes, yes. It means two levels in battles to fight: ground AND air!! :)

King Arthur II uses a NEW engine, and beside the fact that everything in the game will look way more beautiful, it also makes possible to fight much bigger battles, with a lot more men on the battlefield at the same time, and the unit movement and the animation system gets a huge overhaul as well.

For the fans of the first game I’m proud to tell, that this sequel is also a Role-playing Wargame, a unique blend of RPGs and strategy games. But now we changed the balance a bit between these gaming styles: on the Campaign map more RPG, in the battles more tactics. It’ll be so much fun! :)

Quests are still part of the game – and even more important.

Oh, yes. And about the other lady, Linda: she’s a new member of our team, and from now on you’ll see her a lot more, because she’ll be responsible for the communication on the Forums – with you :) Of course I won’t disappear, this is only about being more present on this Forum to answer as many of your questions as possible.

So, if I missed any questions just let me know, and if you’re eager to know anything else about the game, don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers

very good to hear kate and glad you'll have more time to spend on forums and for fans. Good luck and can't wait for the release