• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59863)

White Russian, please...
Aug 13, 2006
Hi;

I want to modify the number of tech-team slots, but I don´t found the way:confused:. Can you tell me how to do it? Or, if it isn´t possible, how can I do in order to change the ratio of 20 CI per slot.

Thanks.

I think its something about source code so modding it would be hard I guess...

If its posibble I definetly want it 5 is better for me too many slots are unnecsary it creates huge gap between countries tih low ic...

Hi;

I think like you; with 6 or more slots, minor or medium countries are unplayable.
So this modification. But NO answers.

Could you explain better your idea?

I think you will find with the new slots that smaller nations are better able to keep up with large nations.:)

I think you will find with the new slots that smaller nations are better able to keep up with large nations.:)

How exactly? That statement just doesn't make sense.

The best ways to help minors keep up in research thats currently available for us is to modify these two values:

# After-Historical Date Mod (value * days after to historical date. limit for the total is 1.50. )

#_RV_AFTER_HISTORICAL_PENALTY_LIMIT_, Can not go above

Near the bottom off the misc.txt file.

The first value describes how fast you will gain research speed bonus for obsolete techs (current speed means you will get 18% bonus per year).

The second values describes the cap or maximum bonus from obsolete techs (current max is +50%)

With higher bonus values the system becomes more autobalancing so that nations can stay a few years behind even if they only have a single techteam.

This is what I thought, too, until I tried it out.

The total bonus cannot exceed 1.5, regardless of what you put in misc.txt (you can put smaller values, though), the 1.5 limit seems to be hardcoded.

Increased bonus per day unfortunately helps the majors. The time span is relative to January 1 of the given year, so any nation researching 1936 tech from January 1, 1936, gets a bonus each day. So this speed up historic research, too. And majors, with 5 to 10 tech teams, blast along merrily while minors get little bonus for post-historic research.

The upper limit should go up (though there is the argument that post-historic research cannot get better than the blueprint bonus) and the post-historic daily increase might actually have to go down to help the minors.

Cheers,

T.

This is what I thought, too, until I tried it out.

The total bonus cannot exceed 1.5, regardless of what you put in misc.txt (you can put smaller values, though), the 1.5 limit seems to be hardcoded.
That modifier doesn't seem to be properly loading from the misc.txt file. I tried a number of values like 1.2, 1.4, 1.8 and none of them did anything. I reported it as a bug a couple days ago.