• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yg96

Recruit
2 Badges
Sep 8, 2013
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello,

In almost every battle I lead this game, I do less good dice rolls than the enemy. Is this normal?
Because of my bad dice rolls, I lost almost all my battles, even when my army is 5 times greater than that of the enemy.

Hello,

In almost every battle I lead this game, I do less good dice rolls than the enemy. Is this normal?
Because of my bad dice rolls, I lost almost all my battles, even when my army is 5 times greater than that of the enemy.

At the start of the game battles are very random so everything is possible.
Having a leader with good values, having the enemy attacking you across a river into mountains instead of you doing such silly things helps immensely too.

And for details about the battle system read the FAQ from EU2 that is still valid in large parts:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/battle-system-faq-1-08.162087/

Edit: Oh, and don´t forget to register your game using the "Register A Game" button at the top of the forum.

In addition to that, since 1.2 (1.3?) having full cavalry stacks reduces your fire rolls by 2, while having over half of your army being cav does it by 1.

Hello,

I made a new part on the mod Dawn of Kingdom and I had the same problem. I played the Byzantine Empire, and I fought Egypt. IMPOSSIBLE to win any battle. Even defensive, on mountains, with 3 times more men, I lost.
I put my well maintenance. There was no difference in technological level.
Obviously, the AI has a combat bonus HUGE. How to withdraw? The game is completely unplayable, I can do NOTHING, but NOTHING to do.

Which patch do you have? The mod's thread says is compatible with 1.2, so if you're using 1.3 it will not work.
I don't have the mod right now, but I remember playing it just fine years ago.

I have the 1.3 patch.

I did some wars in Italy, first and they have happened without major bug. When I started fighting Egypt, there was nothing to do. Even defending against 16,000 to 44,000 over mountains. Absolutely all my battles were lost. Once the battle began, the moral of my army descended steeply while that of the AI remained very high.
I play Furious aggressivity. Do it gives bonuses to AI?

I have the 1.3 patch.

I did some wars in Italy, first and they have happened without major bug. When I started fighting Egypt, there was nothing to do. Even defending against 16,000 to 44,000 over mountains. Absolutely all my battles were lost. Once the battle began, the moral of my army descended steeply while that of the AI remained very high.
I play Furious aggressivity. Do it gives bonuses to AI?

There are several problems in your post:

1) You have that problem not in the vanilla FtG game but in a mod --> Questions about mods should be asked in the modding subforum
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/ftg-user-modifications.479/
and best in the thread about the mod you use, because then the chance is higher that someone who knows something about that mod responds.

2) Many mods, including Dawn of Kingdoms, only work correct with FtG 1.2 as they have not been updated to work with the changes in FtG 1.3.
Using them with FtG 1.3 is a recipe for disaster. The author of DoK even writes on the first page of his mod that it REQUIRES patch 1.2 of FtG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dawn-of-kingdoms.447835/
And yes, they might work a while depending on what you do but you can´t expect them to work longer with FtG 1.3 unless they are updated.

3) Morale is influenced by many factors ingame, not just techlevel. Morale FAQ:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/morale-faq-v1-08.139522/
The most prominent oversights would be that you forgot to raise the Maintenance of your armies to 100% when you started the war, or that you DID raise it to 100% but did not wait until the new month as raising morale takes until the next month to raise to 100%. Or that a state who becomes bancrupt suffers a huge morale penalty. Hover your mouse pointer over the morale display of one of your units and it should give you not only the current and maximum value but a list that states how your morale added up.
And of course at the start of the game cavalry is STRONG compared to infantery so even if the infantery outnumbers cavalry the army with more cavalry usually wins, especially in plains.

1437072441-lol.png

Hello my friends!

Here's an interesting battle. I play the Byzantine Empire, and my opponent is Egyte.

1 / We have a substantially similar moral.
2 / I am a defender in the mountains.
3 / I have five times more soldiers than my enemy.
4 / My enemy has more attrition than me.
5 / I have many cavalry.
6 / The cursor is completely turned the side of my coat of arms.

Yet, I lost this battle. And easily, besides, the enemy had no difficulty in overcoming my army.
All my battles are like that. It seems obvious to me that the AI cheat during the fighting. How to ensure that the AI stop cheating? Your game could be fine without this cheat from the computer.

As we've already siad, if you are using a version of the game the mod has not been updated for, you're bound to stumble with errors. All you can do to play the mod is to reinstall FtG and only install the patches up to 1.2.

Hello my friends!

I don´t think that we are even distant acqaintances by now yg96. Perhaps if you register your game and post a bit more for a longer time...

Here's an interesting battle. I play the Byzantine Empire, and my opponent is Egyte.

Egypt. And that map looks like the Dawn of Kingdoms mod. Please ask questions about mods in the subforum for that mod because mods are modded to be different in many aspects from the vanilla game
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dawn-of-kingdoms.447835/