Abomination #34 from the upcoming DLC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't let this distract you from the fact Serbia has an idea called "gold mines" giving 10% production efficiency when it doesn't even affect gold mines and the lead developper says that it does when in reality only goods produced affects it.

• 24Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I am sorry to say this, but this is just what Paradox do.

They have a DLC to sell, so they'll insanely buff some of the features pertaining to the DLC with total disregard for overall game balance. There will then be some pushback against the features so they'll nerf something else in order to compensate.

I've just made a thread complaining about the lack of Admin Efficiency especially for European nations. Doesn't change the fact that under any context, 15% Admin Efficiency is way too OP.

Also, wild assumption on my part, but I just imagine it'll be locked for Sunni nations exclusively meaning European countries are even more useless than they were before.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Yeah, locking it behind a religion would actually make the problem even worse lol. You could lock this thing behind Animism or some garbage like that and it would STILL probably make Animism the best religion in the game.

Reactions:
Assuming the Alhambra bonus will be locked behind Sunni is a bold move, considering it was used as a winter palace by the Spanish monarchy and expanded upon and rennovated all through to the 1700s.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Assuming the Alhambra bonus will be locked behind Sunni is a bold move, considering it was used as a winter palace by the Spanish monarchy and expanded upon and rennovated all through to the 1700s.
For the record I'm not assuming that, but someone stated that it could be locked behind Sunni as some form of mitigating factor which would not make it better at all lol

Reactions:
Tbh, I don't care at all about monuments. If I could rip them out of the DLC and still have the "grow tall" mechanics and the favor-orientred ones, I would do it. It would even be better, in my eyes.
This comment makes me think. Leviathan is themed around centralising and tall play, and in principle monuments fit that theme, since they're another way of making certain provinces 'taller' than others. The issue with that concept is that they're just as good for playing wide as they are for playing tall.
So, random idea, might be terrible, but just speculating: What if they were scaled? To some mixture of the dev of the province, the proportional dev of the province compared to the rest of your nation, or some other metric with a similar idea in mind? So like, a 50 dev OPM with a monument would get ungodly bonuses, but if it's just one 20 dev province in your subcontinent of 20 dev provinces then the bonuses get correspondingly scaled down?

• 2Like
Reactions:
It could just be locked behing andalusian as primary culture.
Okay, so now culture switching to Andalusian is priority #1 for anyone wanting to expand in a semi-optimal manner.

I don't think y'all understand how much 15% adm eff is...? There's no reasonable gate you can keep a 15% adm eff bonus behind that would make jumping through the hoops for it not worth it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Okay, so now culture switching to Andalusian is priority #1 for anyone wanting to expand in a semi-optimal manner.

I don't think y'all understand how much 15% adm eff is...? There's no reasonable gate you can keep a 15% adm eff bonus behind that would make jumping through the hoops for it not worth it.
15 admin efficiency is the same as culture converting to Prussia, completing their mission tree and forming Germany for their admin efficiency. I didn't know that that was the #1 priority to expand in a semi-optimal manner.

• 2Like
Reactions:
15 admin efficiency is the same as culture converting to Prussia, completing their mission tree and forming Germany for their admin efficiency. I didn't know that that was the #1 priority to expand in a semi-optimal manner.
The obvious difference is that you don't have to conquer the entirety of the highest AE area in the game for a comparable effect.

Apples to oranges. Come on, don't insult my intelligence with this sort of stuff lol

• 3Like
Reactions:
Forming Germany means going toe to toe with hre. For this you just no cb some minor with 2 mountain forts

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'll add to other replies (which I also agreee) that Prussia has one of the worst government reform for playing wide.

• 4Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Getting a hold of Andalusia is easy as hell regardless of who you are. Their starting situation is that precarious.

Forming Germany takes some skill, AE management, navigating through difficult alliance networks etc.

Owning Andalusia is a basic thing anyone can do, as any nation within coring range or anyone who can no CB them. Even then, Castile/Spain are pretty weak early game and later game their whole armies are in Mexico anyway. It's not going to be a difficult to get that 15% Admin Efficiency as any reasonably sized country.

The fact is, the new meta of the game is going to be to own as many monuments as possible. I guess it offers a new style of play, but it's pretty rubbish compared to full owning as many trade nodes as possible which at least has strategy involved and makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I remember when devs would say something is an exploit if the player can do it but the AI can't.

Fast-forward a couple years and we get this monument that the AI will NEVER build.

• 7Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
@Arizal They are really not all unhistoric, the bonuses from Notre Dame and Taj Mahal for example are logical in my opinion. A big church giving Totf or a big Mausoleum prestige decay are not random modifiers. Just the 2 discussed here I feel like, why does a Foretress like castle allow you to administrate an Empire better? Or a fire temple in the mountains making your Canons hit harder then Napoleons? Giving access to these wonders to just everyone would be way worse...then seriously everyone would just rush the Alhambra or whatever as there is really no reason not to.
A bit late to answer you, but I reviewed most of them with a friend and you are right. Many bonuses kind of make sense. However, why cannot a church like Notre-Dame be built in Brussels? Or why a mourning sovereign can't build a temple for his wife elsewhere than in Agra? And I'm not talking about relocation. That's even stranger.

There are others absolutely ludicrous, like the Machu Pichu or Angkor Wat. What, just making those building was so difficult that they learnt how to permanently being more intelligent than the rest of the world? Why would having a city cast in rock allow anyone to have more diplomatic treaties?? (Petra)

One of the best ones might be Taj Mahal lvl 3. Remove the prestige decay bonus and you have a building that makes sense. A bit more prestige because you have a beautiful building. Harmandir Sahib seems similarly something that is realistic : they see a beautiful castle, so they are reminded of the power of the sovereign and won't try to find too hard against him (global autonomy reduction)

Hagia Sophia should probably be restricted to any big church/temple/mosque that sits in a province that has been converted. It's not the church that gives tolerance of heretics, it's the knowledge that the sultan let it be and didn't raze it to the ground.

Anyway, maybe the mechanic is salvageable, but as it stands there are many problems, just like the mercenaries introduced in Emperor. Too many bonuses don't make sense and there seems to be an insane power creep.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hold on, let me PM some paradox devs and try to convince them that the restriction should be a maximum mil tech of 3.

• 1Haha
Reactions: