• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15683)

abstracteur de quintessence
Mar 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm planning to start my second AAR (while my first one will still be continued ;)) because I find this diplomacy forum a little too quiet.

So, I already got the concept of my AAR but first, I need your help!

I would need 7 personalities that I will assign to the 7 countries in the game. I know I could have used the personalities already in the game, or I could have found them myself, but I want to have your suggestions on this. I need unique, bizzare, eccentric personalities that will add flavor to the game, and don't worry to find how will these attributes be playable, this is my problem!

My concept for this AAR is to take a random country at every season, this way, I hope the game will be a little more balanced. And don't forget that the more interresting will be the proposed personalities, the more interresting will be the AAR. I know I could do a more "standard" AAR, but my view on the subject his that there is a ton of this kind of AAR on the net, so I want to be original and to give something enjoyable for the readers. I hope my view is shared with some people and that you will enjoy to read it, as I am to write it.

So, I will wait your suggestions (the craziest, the better!) before I start , and don't forget to leave some comments between the episodes because I will adjust my story according to the public!

Last edited:
Setup

This game will be played with the 1.2 patch. I will change my country on every turns, so I will end up playing all of them (unless one is defeated before I can play it).

*EDIT*

Because I don't think I will have much time later in the week, I will begin this AAR today, even if I didn't receive any suggestion yet. :(
It would be interresting if you can leave some comments about what you want to see when you are reading AAR (full report of every moves, more explanation about the strategy used, humorous story, more historical, etc...) so I can adjust in the future.

For this game, I created some new files for the AI, which correspond to each of the personalities. I changed some values so some of them are over the top, I hope this will add a little fun. I didn't really tested them, and I don't know if it will change many things, because I don't understand every variables completly, yet.
Here's the list of the country and their personalities :

England : Depressive
Russia : Maniac
Turkey : Blind
Austria-Hungary : Schizophrenia
Italy : Masochist
Germany : Paranoiac
France : Fatalist

Like I said, I'm not sure if the AI I modded will reflect their personality, but I will roleplay as them being so.

And I will also use the "Paul Bakken's Shift-Left" Mod, so this will add the confusion needed for the game. :D
I never played it, but I tested once his "Shift-Right" Mod, so this one is still new to me. Thanks to him for his work.

For those who don't know what is this mod, here's a brief description :

It uses the same rules as the standard scenario, but each Great Power begins with units in the starting positions for the Great Power located to the left (clockwise) of its own home territory. You must capture your home supply centers before you can build any new units!

I hope you will enjoy it!

Last edited:
This turn, I'm playing Austria

YEAR 1, SPRING

WAR ROOM

England : Ok everyone, it is now the time to decide about the fate of Europe. We can discuss on how it will be shared between our seven great countries! [...]
Italy : I think I'm already too big, I wouldn't mind if anyone would attack me. But please, do so with a lot of violence!
Germany : Why are you looking at me Russia? Why? Answer, FAST!
Russia : Yarhahaha! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!
Italy : Oh yeah! Russia, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Russia : SHUT UP YOU!
Italy : :)
England : [...] And as always, I'll finish last, once again[...] :(
Austria-Hungary : Hey, Turkey, I need to talk to you... in private.
[
Austria-Hungary : What would you say if we demilitarize the region of Tyrolia?
Turkey : I would say : Right on!
Hungary : But you are aware that I must return to my supply center?
Turkey : Yes I do! But I don't see how could this deal be at you advantage!
Austria-Hungary : Err... ok...
]
Germany : What are you playing at, you two?
Austria : Who? Me? I didn't say anything.
Germany : But you just talked to Turkey!
Austria : I swear to you, I didn't do anything.
Hungary : Yes we did.
England : [...] And no one listen to me...
Germany : Eh... too much confusion... I smell... a CONSPIRACY!!
England : I have a question... who is drooling all over the table... it's disgusting. And, as always, it's me who get the most of it. :(
Turkey : I'm not quite sure, but I guess that would be Russia.
Germany : Are you sure you're not trying to falsely accuse someone else to protect yourself? I'm watching you!
7.gif

Turkey : As you can see by yourself, he's dancing on the table with his axe... I think that's a pretty good argument.
Germany : Well... yeah... but nonetheless, I'm still watching you...
7.gif

Russia : YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE! ALL OF YOU, SCUMS!
Turkey : It's almost time, we must send the orders!
Germany : Wait a minute... France, you didn't say a word... and you seem suspect.
France : It was written up above that I was not to speak.

Last edited:
Quite the busy bee you are Foller, all by yourself in the Dippy forum.

I salute your efforts, it seems dippster is quite funny. If the finance would be in the up i too could buy it perhaps.

Very interesting. This shift left scenario is certainly odd.

This turn, I'm playing Italy

YEAR 1, Fall

WAR ROOM

Hungary : I'm sorry about that Turkey.
Turkey : About what?
Hungary : Well... We didn't respect the demilitarized zone.
Turkey : I don't see what you are talking about.
Austria-Hungary : Shut up Hungary! He must not know!
Hungary : Everyone has the right to know, even the more handicapped of us.
Germany : Who is talking of me?
Italy : Hey France, I'm willing to give you a support so you can land in Belgium, what do you say?
France : If that's what God want me to do, so I will. I accept.
Italy : Hey England, I'm willing to give you a support so you can take Belgium, what do you say?
England : Ok... but I'm sure this won't happen, as always, and [...]
Italy : Excellent... after this, there is no way they won't be angry and violent against me. :cool:
Gemany : I don't like the way I'm surrounded... I NEED HELP!!
paranoid.gif

England : [...] I will find myself trying to survive in this jungle where everyone else is trying to crush me [...]
Turkey : I can help you, Germany.
Germany : No, Not you! I don't trust you... as I don't trust everyone else... everyone is against me... HELP, SOMEBODY HELP ME!!
England : [...] and I'm sure everyone I know will soon forget me so I'll end up alone and [...]
Russia : CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS THAT LITTLE ANNOYING NOISE??
Austria : I guess that would be England.
Russia : WELL SHUT UP YOU!
England : :(
Russia : TURKEY, I WANT YOU TO SUPPORT MY ATTACK IN RUMANIA... AND I WANT IT NOW!!
Turkey : Ok, as you will!
Russia : YARRHAHA! YOU'LL ALL DIE... BUT ESPECIALLY YOU, ENGLAND!
England : Oh... why me! :(
Turkey : Time has come, we must send the orders.
England : Wait! Wait a minute! I didn't finish my strategy...
England : Germany, would you accept th[...]
Germany : NO.
Turkey : Ok, now you're done...

First, I'm sorry about the quality of the picture. I forgot I was playing in windowed mode, so the quality isn't as good as in fullscreen. (Let's hope Paradox will implement a way to take screenshots like they did for some of their other games.)

Also, I must say that I'm happy about the fact that some of my AI are doing what I hoped they would do...but I don't know if it's pure luck though. Russia is acting like a maniac would do... he even asked the blind Turkey for a support (which he accepted!). And on top of this, they are attacking the paranoiac. :) Austria is heading to his starting SC, which is good. But as I expected, France and England aren't going where they are supposed... mostly because of the island. England has a serious starting disadvantage because it's difficult to take the island without heavy diplomacy. And for Italy, well his navy started in Brest, so it will take a long time before it can return to his home.

Very interesting still. I imagine things will get very crazy once countries start to reclaim their original suppy centers. I have to say having the armies start elsewhere is just very, very bizzare.

Nice AAR. :)
A bit crazy, but real fun.

What!? Where!? When!? How!? Why!? :confused: ;)

Nice idea, crazy but thats why its nice... :D

Nice choice of personalities there, Schizophrenia seems particularly fitting for Austria :D

kinda gives a new meaning to the word double monarchy :p

Morpheus506 said:
Nice choice of personalities there, Schizophrenia seems particularly fitting for Austria :D

It was actually a coincidence. :D Initially, I started with Austria #1, #2, ... but it's Flori that made me realize this!

It's one good example of a constructive comments. :) So if you have some, tell me!

(an update will soon follow this)

This turn, I'm playing England

YEAR 2, Spring

WAR ROOM

Austria-Hungary : Well, we are now in a perfect position to get back our national supply centers! I will control the army in Venice, and you two are better to support me!
Hungary : But I don't want to fight... why can't we simply stay here and enjoy the sun?
Austria-Hungary : What are you talking about!? It is our duty to rescue our citizen from the evil Turks, we must attack!
Turkey : Hey, I'm not evil.
Austria-Hungary : You better support me with your navy Hungary, otherwise I would have to kil....err...nevermind, but do as I said! And you Austria, support me with your army also, we can't take too many precaution.
Austria : All right!
England : I know this is worthless, but France, would you mind if you let me have Holland and you get Belgium?
France : I see up there that I can't refuse this deal, so I accept.
England : So you're saying that I have concluded a deal! WOW! I think this is the first time my deal is accepted, I can't believ[...]
Russia : SHUT UP YOU!
England : oh... sorry.
Austria-Hungary : So, just to make things clear, you will all support me on my attack on Trieste?
Austria : Yes.
Hungary : No.
*slap*
Hungary : Yes.
Austria-Hungary : Good.
Turkey : Hey Germany, you seem to be really quiet today, what are you doing?
Germany : AAAH! Don't kill me! I didn't do anything! I'm not going to attack anyone! I promise! AHH!!
Russia : Well, *I* will kill you.
Germany : I promise I won't do anything wrong! Please! I won't even go in Berlin or in Kiel!
Russia : So you're planning to invade these two regions? Interresting... I think this deserve a spanking... and an invasion.
Italy : Hey, I wanted that! Damn you Germany, you get all the fun. :(
Germany : Oh... my plan is discovered, I am DOOMED!!
Turkey : I am sure nobody want to know my plan, but I plan to attack Bulgaria, which is owned by the weak Russia.
Italy : Err... why are you telling us that Turkey? Can't you see anyone can easily counter-attack you when you tell them your plan? And by the way... it's me who should do that, not you.
Turkey : I don't understand how could someone profit of me when I say such thing. Can anyone explain me?
England : Well, when you give awa[...]
Russia : [...] SHUT UP YOU STUPID!
England : ok...
England : Germany, can you promise you won't attack me on this turn? Because I don't want to lose the provinces I won't defend.
Germany : YARRAHHAHA... Sure, I won't.
England : Oh, thanks. It sure is fun when you can count on someone you trust. Isn't it right? That is so much fun. I just can't keep all the fun inside me. This is the better day in my life. At last someone who seems friendly to me, I just can't believe it. I really just can't, really. I think I will dance to celebrate this...oh hello Russia, why are you looking at me like this? And what is this club you carry? No, don't do that! NO! OUCH! STOP! IT HURTS!! STOP!!
Italy : Hey, this isn't fair. Only because I'm far from Russia, I can't be beaten up! Leave some to me you English bastard!
Turkey : Time's up.

Austria-Hungary : WHAT!!! WTF DID YOU DO!?? You were supposed to support me! :mad: DAMN YOU AUSTRIA! DAMN YOU HUNGARY! WE SHOULD BE UNITED! UNITED!!
England : Now, my heart is broken forever, I hate you Germany.