• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gen. Marshall

Generalfeldmarschall
5 Badges
Apr 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
Subscribe or comment in this thread to receive a heads-up when a new AARlander edition is published!

Hello AARlanders,

The main problem concerning the AARlander is its location in the forums. Not only do a lot of people not know what the AARlander is and where to find it, many fans of the AARlander don't know when a new edition is out. If you're part of that latter group, this thread is for you.

We will post an announcement, by means of a linked banner, in this thread every time a new AARlander is released. This thread is also in the General AAR forums, but you can subscribe to it (comment or use the menu in the top right corner), so you can keep tabs through your "Subscribed Threads" menu.

As you've noticed, you can also comment on this thread. For subscriptions, a simple "Subscribed" or a dot or whatever suffices, but I highly encourage everyone to provide some useful feedback on the latest edition, or the AARlander in general! The per-edition feedback threads will disappear - rather, all feedback will go in this thread, along with the banner announcements.

Have fun,

Marshall
PropagandAAR

Subscribed.

Gimme gimme gimme! :D

Dear Sir

I wish to subscribe to your publication which I understand will be delivered to me for the low, never to be repeated price of 15 minutes of my time every month.

I also look forward with great anticipation to the delivery of my complimentary steak knives.

Yours faithfully
D Avout

Dear Sir

I wish to subscribe to your publication which I understand will be delivered to me for the low, never to be repeated price of 15 minutes of my time every month.

I also look forward with great anticipation to the delivery of my complimentary steak knives.

Yours faithfully
D Avout

Dear sir,

I write to you to register my dismay that the AARlander warrants just 15 minutes of year time each month. I feel this is a gross injustice, and that the blood, sweat and tears of my colleagues and I is worth at least 1.33 times as much.

Yours sincerely,

Disgruntled staff

;)

Dear Sir

Yours faithfully
D Avout

Dear Mr D Avout,

I am sorry to inform you that due to strict postal regulations we are unable to deliver the complimentary steak knives to your location. We do, however, provide daggers and double daggers in the ebook editions whenever DensleyBlair's abundant research requires it. Also included in assorted issues is the sarcasm of our talented writers, sometimes known to be capable of cutting fish into very thin slices.

Yours sincerely,

VP of Reader Satisfaction

To Mr A L Driq,
VP Reader Satisfaction

Dear Mr Driq

I am naturally disappointed that I will not be receiving the steak knives as advertised. I am aware of Mr Blair's products although I have found that on purchasing his daggers in the past that the sharper ones bear the name R Curtis for some reason.

I wish to raise a seperate matter regarding the advertising of your most recent edition. Mr G Marshall of your magazine promised, inter alia, that upon reading said publication, I would learn how to make my paragraphs 9 inches long. Let me say at the outset that my paragraphs have always been of a manly and adequate proportion, and that I have received no complaints over the years. I am nevertheless dismayed that they have not changed in size despite my reading the latest edition numerous times. Could you please check with Mr Marshall as to whether I may be doing it wrong.

Yours in desperation

D Avout

I must say, the most disappointing thing for me is that you're only using initials. Why not go the whole way and become "Dave Out" or "Al Drickq"? :D

To Mr A L Driq,
VP Reader Satisfaction

Dear Mr Driq

I am naturally disappointed that I will not be receiving the steak knives as advertised. I am aware of Mr Blair's products although I have found that on purchasing his daggers in the past that the sharper ones bear the name R Curtis for some reason.

I wish to raise a seperate matter regarding the advertising of your most recent edition. Mr G Marshall of your magazine promised, inter alia, that upon reading said publication, I would learn how to make my paragraphs 9 inches long. Let me say at the outset that my paragraphs have always been of a manly and adequate proportion, and that I have received no complaints over the years. I am nevertheless dismayed that they have not changed in size despite my reading the latest edition numerous times. Could you please check with Mr Marshall as to whether I may be doing it wrong.

Yours in desperation

D Avout

Dear Mr. D Avout,

I wish to note that your paragraphs are already 9" long, in fact, they tend to be 27/32ths of an inch longer. I have measured the length of your paragraph, from the "I" (first line) to the "n" in "on" (last letter, first line), and the spatial distance amounts to a staggering 25 centimetres, which being subject to conversion errors, should equal nine and twenty-seven thirty-twoths inches. Should you wish to know how to make your paragraphs 9" exactly, then I need but advice you to cease typing, or press the "Enter" key, upon reaching the "u" in "found".

Cordially,

Mad Advertiser Raging Superfluously, Happily, And Lastly Laughingly.

---

Or, to return to the purpose of this thread (Remember, we have Ikar's AARs for chatter purposes!), the submission deadline for the 16th Edition has been established on February 28th. This means that you'll most likely be able to read it on March 2nd, give or take two days. A proper announcement will, of course, follow as soon as the edition is released, but for now I can tell you that the 16th Edition will feature both a back-to-back review (the first in AARlander history), as well as the return of a most coveted series.
Also, the preliminary banner creeps me the fuck out :D

Marshall

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. (Props to anybody who catches the reference.)

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. (Props to anybody who catches the reference.)

The Simpsons? ;)