• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribed :)

As you see, I ditched the creepy banner and made a more appropriate one. It depicts the charge of the Light Brigade, if you'd like to know.

Anyway - on to the important announcement: The 16th AARlander is out! It's short, I admit it, but damn, it's sweet. Avindian and Densley continue their highly acclaimed series, while Seelmeister has contributed two articles - one of them a triple! review of EU4 World Conquest AARs. So: Click to read!

I've just read and enjoyed it, as always. Keep it going, folks. And I really want to say I appreciate Avindian's AARticle on comments. Especially the point made of saying you actually want them. It seems something that doesn't need saying, but yet it does every time, and especially which type you would like. Well done.

And Denss, of course I am reading. :) Happy anytime to help. Just send me a line. And a masterful way to handle the respective starts of each new forum. Good on ye.

Subbed.

The 17th AARlander is here! I reckon the banner speaks for itself; we've managed to put together a full edition with varied articles. If nothing else, every single person reading this should at least take a look at Avindian's article and see if it's applicable. They're is a lot of people out their who should mind there spelling a bit better.

The AARlander Edition 17 - Feedback Thread

Thanks for the mention in the narration bit. But I think I just ruined the whole thing in chapter 12.

Actually, as mentioned, we created a subscription thread for people to subscribe to so that they can know when an edition is out and as well as comment and give us feedback on it in said thread as stated in the first post of the AARlander.

But thanks for the initiative. :)

So we're doing the feedback here now? Cool. Loved the articles, of course, even if Densley's had a very weird comment about somebody named Ben. Who is Ben? Is Ben his real name? IS BEN ACTUALLY DENSLEYBLAIR?! Or... is it the clone of Ben Franklin, ala Dr. McNinja? The world demands answers!

So we're doing the feedback here now? Cool. Loved the articles, of course, even if Densley's had a very weird comment about somebody named Ben. Who is Ben? Is Ben his real name? IS BEN ACTUALLY DENSLEYBLAIR?! Or... is it the clone of Ben Franklin, ala Dr. McNinja? The world demands answers!

Who's Ben? Well, he's a good friend of Otto Correct. :D

I thought Ben was Glory.

Edit: Sorry, wrong forum for that discussion.

Avindian, other grammatical banes which ought to have been included:

"could/should/would of" instead of "have"
The non-words "got" and "gotten"
"to (verb) and (verb)" instead of to "(verb) to (verb)" eg, to try and find instead of to try to find.
The difference between presume and assume
The misuse of "however" as a conjunctive instead of "but"

Last edited:
Another excellent edition! And while I appreciate the personal thanks in your AARticle, Denss, you did the research. All kudos go to you.

I am especially pleased to see The Gazette get a call out as it was a labor of love (and some stress as Derahan might be able to speak to these days) for over a year. This period you write about was an interesting time. There were some amazing writers in HoI at the time just as there were in EU. But prior to then, they existed in completely different worlds. Yes, the bAARs were a huge help in cross promoting, as was the Gazette as I hope we left the forum with a better community spirit than we found it, but really it came down to the readAARs and more than that the comments that followed. Your point of finding new AARs once you ventured out of CK2 is precisely why we tried then and to see such a close knit community now (though perhaps still with plenty sticking to their own game) makes me smile knowing what we faced at the time. It wasn't easy.

The Gazette, bAARs and those of us that were part of that (and you should include Director in that group though he wasn't a bAARtender, at least on the forum) were but a small portion of why we are what we are now. It is such due entirely to those curious to get out and read more, poke around and see what the forum has to offer...as I mentioned often then, those that got involved. The place is so much stronger for it and still a great place to spend some internet time, no doubt.

Avindian, other grammatical banes which ought to have been included:

"could/should/would of" instead of "have"
The non-words "got" and "gotten"
"to (verb) and (verb)" instead of to "(verb) to (verb)" eg, to try and find instead of to try to find.
The difference between presume and assume
The misuse of "however" as a conjunctive instead of "but"

I'm curious about some of these: got/gotten and however/but in particular. I'm pretty sure I use 'got' in my writing, and for all I know I use 'however' incorrectly. Oh my!