• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr. Capiatlist

Mademoiselle Gothique (she/her/hers)
88 Badges
Dec 4, 2003
nhkendall.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
Sorry this is a bit late, but it is that time again!

I've decided to add a category, the "others" category, I hope to get some votes from the Diplomacy and Mount and Blade crew. If we get none, we'll drop it next round. If one or two games dominate, I would suggest adding them as categories on their own next round.

In this round, all AARs updated in 2010 are eligible, provided they were started before July 1st. You can choose which category/s each AAR most represents or you can ask the author for guidance. Voting for yourself is not permitted.

Please make sure you include both the AAR and the author in the each vote, preferably with a link to the thread as well.

So those are the rules, voting will close on August 1st with the results to be posted soon after. Voting may be made using a PM or by filling out one of the ballots below. Happy voting, good luck, and please promote these awards in your AARs and signatures.

Sample ballot:

- - - - -

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:

Favorite AAR, FTG:

Favorite Narrative AAR, AoD:
Favorite Comedy AAR, AoD:
Favorite History-Book AAR, AoD:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, AoD:

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU:
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU:

Favorite AAR, Rome:

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK:
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky:
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky:

Favorite AAR, Open Category (anything that doesn't fit into the above):

Last edited:
Excellent to see one more take up the ACAs! Vote coming once I can look over the AARs...a big list. :D

Favorite AAR, FTG: For glory, God, and gold! - England AAR- Emperor Ike

Favorite Narrative AAR, AoD: "Das war ein Befehl!" A German Götterdammerung '44 AAR- DvD-IT

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: Poland- Range
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Return From Exile- A RomaniAAR- Rizulica
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Triumph of Eagles- The Rise and Fall of the Transylvanian Empire- Kapt Torbjorn
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Nec Temere, Nec Timide - Danzig/Gdańsk MMP Xmass Edition- gabor

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Tales from our Faarthers- Loki100
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Awesome AArquitania: Reborn! Alternate History with DVIP- Count Lake

I feel like I don't get out of the EU3 subforum enough. :eek:o

(The first edit just fixed a small grammar problem. The second edit added this line.)

Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: Rank and File: A clerk's war Germany 1936 (ver 1.4)
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:

Favorite Narrative AAR, AoD: "Das war ein Befehl!" A German Götterdammerung '44 AAR
Favorite Comedy AAR, AoD:
Favorite History-Book AAR, AoD:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, AoD:

Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite History-Book AAR: HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR: HOI1/2: Plan Z. Uber Kriegsmarine Pt III AAR

EDIT - July 17 2010

Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, AoD: "Das war ein Befehl!" A German Götterdammerung '44 AAR
Favorite Comedy AAR, AoD: Yes we have no bananas - A Tropico World Conquest AAR
Favorite Gameplay AAR, AoD: The Road to Barbarossa

Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: The WRAITH of KHAN! All AARe mine!
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Speak Lithuanian or die!

Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Return From Exile- A RomaniAAR

Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: Ship of State

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, FTG: Wine of Milan - A Quest by coz1

Favorite Gameplay AAR, AoD: History of the Modern Red Army by quaazi

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Red Shield, by Jedrek
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Red star over Blue Seas, by th3freakie

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: Dangerous Liaisons, by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Mamma Mia! the AAR, by aldriq
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Tales of Victory: the Rajah and the Sacred Cow, by CatKnight
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Can Qasim into Space? by Serbian Knight

Favorite AAR, Rome: The Road to Tyranny, by Qorten; for encouragement.

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:Solomon of Itil, by phargle
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered, by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: A King without a Crown, by AllmyJames (this is a really tough category!)
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: The Sevillan Chronicles, by Mr_A

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: A Special Providence by Director
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: Ship of State, by Judas Maccabeus
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky:The Harp and the Crown, by RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile by Brandenburg II

Favorite AAR, Open Category (anything that doesn't fit into the above): My Inevitable Greatness, by Peter Ebbessen.

Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: From Rus to Russia - Russia Megacampaign, pt.2 by RGB
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Unhinged Loons: A Tag-hopping ARR by sjones25
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: All Glory to the Emperor! – A British Empire AAR by Dafool
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Can Qasim into space? - a Qasim Khanate AAR by Serbian Knight

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians by Mr. Capiatlist
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: The Atheling Chronicle - A King without a Crown by AllmyJames
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Imperium AARlandium Sacrum – Succession Game by AllmyJames (The idea was mine. :p)

Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria: Libertad o Muerte! - AARgentina by Treppe
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: The Harp and Crown: An Irish AAR by RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile by Brandenburg III

Last edited:
Initial ballot

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:Explorations in Strategy by Myth

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:The World After Appeasement by EvilFishtank
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: SailAAR, FlyAAR and PanzAAR- A German DiDay RP Campagne. by Surt

Favorite AAR, FTG:

Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: The Adventures of Colonel Blimp by FlyingDutchie
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The People’s Flag: A History of the Union of Britain, 1925-2010 by Meadow
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Oyo-u Must Be Joking! - An Oyo HttT AAR by Morningsider
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Monopoly – A Hansa AAR by Naggy

Favorite AAR, Rome: Consuls of Rome by Phargle

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:Homelands : Tales of the Anglo-Prussians by Mr Capitalist
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the beleagured by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:Britannia: A Saga of Albion by Vesimir

Later changes

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU:The Last Loyalists by Kapt Torbjorn
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU:Can Qasim into space? - a Qasim Khanate AAR by Serbian Knight

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky:The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) by volksmarschall
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky:These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky:Carefully Applied Force: A Prussian AAR by robou
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky:Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile by Brandenburg III

Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite AAR, Open Category (anything that doesn't fit into the above):My Inevitable Greatness by Peter Ebbesen, its Mount and Blade and thanks (?) to Stuyvesant for leading me to it

Last edited:
Please, when you make changes leave the edited line at the bottom of the post so I can more readily pick it out. I do, however, plan to count the ballots twice: once as a running total, then one final time after voting is closed.

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, FTG: Blocking the Gate of Europe: Hungary, by bluelotus.

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: The Last Loyalists, by Kapt Torbjorn.
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Indies, by Davout.
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: The HAARd Way - Friesland AAR, by Sybot.
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Tales of Victory: The Rajah and the Sacred Cow, by CatKnight.

Favorite AAR, Rome: The Consuls of Rome, by phargle.

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians, by Mr. Capiatlist.
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: If You Can't Do It, Nubia Can! A (hopefully) comedic AAR, by Eron12.
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Victorious through God's grace: de Hautevilles' chronicle, by Hastu Neon.
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Tales from our Faarthers, by loki100.

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: A Special Providence, by Director.
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: These Oranges Are Not For Eating, by Iain Wilson.
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History, by Hardraade.
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The Roof Of The World: A Tibetan AAR, by Eärendil.

Favorite AAR, Open Category (anything that doesn't fit into the above): Me, Floris, by Monnikje (M&B: Warband).

Last edited:
Didn't you showcase my AAR? You have no excuse for not giving nominations in other games! ;)

Eep, my cover is blown!

I'll have to dig through the other game forums, I've been focusing way too much on Eu3.

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: From Rus to Russia - Russia Megacampaign, pt.2 - by RGB
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Hey look! I'm a Mary Sue - A Very Berry AAR - by theconfusedone
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Austriae est imperare orbi universo - a Habsburg AAR - by Tommy4ever
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Going FAARther - by dinofs

What? Paradox made other games than Europa Universalis? SINCE WHEN!

Hahaha
I cannot count the Mary Sue - A Very Berry AAR as it was started after the July 1st deadline. Sorry. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but for the sake of precedence opening a voting thread =/= starting an AAR (my apologies to theconfusedone). There will always be round 3 in October.

I cannot count the Mary Sue - A Very Berry AAR as it was started after the July 1st deadline. Sorry. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but for the sake of precedence opening a voting thread =/= starting an AAR (my apologies to theconfusedone). There will always be round 3 in October.

Not to be a backseat driver... But wasn't Vesimir's nomination for EU Gameplay AAR started two days ago?

/Continues to stealthily eliminate competition/

Not to be a backseat driver... But wasn't Vesimir's nomination for EU Gameplay AAR started two days ago?

Oh dear! It was!

Excuse me for looking at the AARs and randomly picking the one that I found interesting. :eek:o I don't want a vote to go to waste so I'll look again. Closer this time.

Yes it was, thank you for that. Sorry Vesimir, but "Down with the Yuan and the Ming, the rise of Dahan" was started July 5th.

Also:
The Struggle For Sand and Camels - A Jebel Shammar 1914 AAR

Fair enough, I just checked and it was started on July 2nd (damn, that's quite unlucky). I've removed it from my post so as to prevent any confusion with the vote tallies later on.

Yes it was, thank you for that. Sorry Vesimir, but "Down with the Yuan and the Ming, the rise of Dahan" was started July 5th.

Also:
The Struggle For Sand and Camels - A Jebel Shammar 1914 AAR

That's true. Sorry for the complications.