• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My ballot:

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity by cthulhu
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: The Führer Goes Nuts! by Lordban
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War by Myth
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: Hold That Line! (France ’36 AAR) by Bingo Brett

Favorite AAR, FTG: Blocking the Gate of Europe: Hungary by Bluelotus

Favorite Gameplay AAR, AoD: The Road to Barbarossa by Amoral

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: The King's First Minister - a UK AAR by Le Jones
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: The adventures of Colonel Blimp - a Kaiserreich AAR by FlyingDutchie
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by El Pip
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Red star over Blue Seas by th3freakie

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: From Rus to Russia - Russia Megacampaign, pt.2 by RGB
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: OMG!?!?! i <3 PONIEZ!!!11 : ))))))) by theconfusedone
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Austriae est imperare orbi universo - a Habsburg AAR by Tommy4ever
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Monopoly - a Hansa AAR by naggy

Favorite AAR, Rome: The Consuls of Rome by phargle

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor by frogbeastegg
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: The Kingdom of AARLand by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: The Atheling Chronicle - A King without a Crown by AllmyJames
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Tales from our Faarthers by loki100

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: A Special Providence by Director
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) by volksmarschall
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile VIP 3.01 by Brandenburg III

Favorite AAR, Open Category (anything that doesn't fit into the above): My Inevitable Greatness by Peter Ebbesen (M&B Warband)

I can say these choices have been very difficult! There are so many good AARs out there. It is tough to cut it down to just one for each category. And Rome especially was difficult to choose only one AAR.

EDIT - And done picking my choices. :D Still very hard. I will say that these are not really my "favorites" so much as those I think have done great work of late. There are a ton of great AARs out there and I hope even if those I picked do not win, they at least gain a few more eyes. :)

Last edited:
Sadly I can not vote for myself, otherwise I would fill all categories with my own AARs. Just kidding, I don't have that many :D

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: The Fuhrer's War, Germany 1941, version 1.4 by Viking_Manstein
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: What you eat is what you AAR - the worldwide introduction of estonian cuisine by Supervixens
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: Operation Barbarossa: The Guderian Plan by Valentinan
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: No Pasaran! - Republican Spain 1938 by General War

I just noticed that too little votes for HOI3 :(

Sadly I can not vote for myself, otherwise I would fill all categories with my own AARs. Just kidding, I don't have that many :D

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: The Fuhrer's War, Germany 1941, version 1.4 by Viking_Manstein
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: What you eat is what you AAR - the worldwide introduction of estonian cuisine by Supervixens
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: Operation Barbarossa: The Guderian Plan by Valentinan
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: No Pasaran! - Republican Spain 1938 by General War

I just noticed that too little votes for HOI3 :(
True, I have tried to stir up some interest there, but they need people from their own forum to try to whip up excitement. Someone they don't recognize from the dusty old CK forums won't do.

So far in HoI III there will be 10 winners in 4 categories. Only history book has a clear winner. Of course, I haven't been checking for post updates. I plan to spend a day holed up in my home office working on making a final count.

True, I have tried to stir up some interest there, but they need people from their own forum to try to whip up excitement. Someone they don't recognize from the dusty old CK forums won't do.

So far in HoI III there will be 10 winners in 4 categories. Only history book has a clear winner. Of course, I haven't been checking for post updates. I plan to spend a day holed up in my home office working on making a final count.

Let me go back and re-edit, I accidentally filled out HoI3 with EU3 when I wrote my post, and it the rearranging to make sure I put the right things in the right places, I forgot to put my HoI3s in.

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century by Asalto
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: The WRAITH of Khan! All AARe mine! by Thundergate
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: In the Shadow of Giants: A History of Humanity's Greatest Heroes and Villains by Sectorknight21
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: In defence of freedom: A USA Kaiserreich AAR by kaiser_mobius

Indeed, please feel free to bump those threads in each forum to get interest over here (spam considered, of course. ;)) Let them know in your AAR as well if you want. Make sure people know the ACAs are ongoing. :)

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Last Bastion of Freedom: The US alone against the Fascist world by History_Buff

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: Tales of Victory: The Rajah and the Sacred Cow by CatKnight
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Unhinged Loons: A Tag-hopping ARR by sjones25
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Histories of the Islamic Countries: a Granada AAR by Marco Oliverio
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Monopoly - a Hansa AAR by naggy

Favorite AAR, Rome: The Consuls of Rome by phargle

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Tales from our Faarthers by loki100
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR by Iain Wilson

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile by Brandenburg III

Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century by Asalto
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The People’s Flag: A History of the Union of Britain, 1925-2010 by Meadow
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: In the Defence of freedom: A USA Kaiserreich AAR by kaiser_mobius

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2: Speak Lithuanian or die by Colonel Ironboot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2: In Defense of Freedom, a USA Kaiserreich AAR by Kaiser_Mobius
Favorite History Book AAR, HOI2: The United States, Prophets of the New Order by TC_Pilot

Favorite History Book AAR, EUIII: The History of the United Kingdoms by Anklos
Favorite Comedy AAR, EUIII: Oyo-u must be joking - an Oyo HTTT AAR by MorningSIDEr

Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2: Speak Lithuanian or die! by Colonel Ironboot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2: In Defense of Freedom, a USA Kaiserreich AAR by Kaiser_Mobius

Here we go

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: Rank and file A Clerk's War by Uriah
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: Gary Busey and Friends - 1936 USA AAR by cubie_hole
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War by Myth
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:???????

Favorite AAR, FTG: Quest:The Wine of Milan by coz1

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: The Hard Fight for Victory by Admiral Nelson
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: The Adventures of Colonel Blimp by Flying Dutchie
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Butterfly Effect by El Pip
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Children of the Vault by SwordofJustice

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU: Poland by Range
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU: Oyo-u must be joking by MorningSIDer
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Triumph of Eagles - The Rise and Fall of the Transylvanian Empire by Kapt Torbjorn
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Can Qasim into Space by Serbian Knight

Favorite AAR, Rome: A Light In The Darkness by Brandenburg III

It was difficult for me to fill in some of these categories because there are two or three AAR's that are really good. But choose I must and choose I have.:D

A somewhat reduced ballot from me this time. Not had so much time for reading lately.

Favorite AAR, FTG: For the Glory of Scotland Forever by Coz1

Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Histories of the Islamic Countries: a Granada AAR by Marco Oliverio
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: Cecil XIX Plays a Random Country In Magna Mundi! by Cecil XIX

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Æthellan: A Tale of Kings by Alexander Primus
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Britannia: A Saga of Albion by Vesimir
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: If You Can't Do It, Nubia Can! A (hopefully) comedic AAR by Eron12

Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Egypt: Knee Deep in DeNile VIP 3.01 by Brandenburg III

I know I haven’t voted in a while, so if any of these are not eligible, please disregard the vote. Thanks! :)

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: SailAAR, FlyAAR and PanzAAR- A German DiDay RP Campagne by Surt
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: The Führer Goes Nuts! by Lordban
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: BoliviAAR - From Third World to Power by brandonman

Favorite Comedy AAR, AoD: Yes we have no bananas - A Tropico World Conquest AAR by Lighthearter

Favorite History-Book AAR, EU: Histories of the Islamic Countries: a Granada AAR by Marco Oliverios
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU: "Unplayable:" The Oirat Horde in Magna Mundi Platinum 2, Parcae

Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered, by Iain Wilson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: The Atheling Chronicle - A King without a Crown by AllmyJames
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: The Kingdom of AARLand by Iain Wilson

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) by volksmarschall
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: Knee Deep in DeNile VIP 3.01 by Brandenburg III