• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations to all the winners!

I'm actually rather surprised to see such a small turn out in votes for HOI3 when compared to HOI2. I guess the game really was that bad:rofl:

Think about it: Just the winner and runner up for HOI2 gameplay AAR had as many votes(12) as all of the nominated gameplay AARs for HOI3.

And thank you, The Swert, for your efforts. I checked the page as often as possible waiting for the results!

Last edited:
Congrats to all who won, and to everyone who got a vote. It really says something about an AAR if it gets voted in over some of the other great ones around.

Special thanks to The Swert for running this great competition, and to Volksmarschall for voting for my AAR.:p

Congratulations to all the winners (and thanks to all of you who very kindly voted for Suenik)!

A quick question though - I thought this round you could only vote for AARs STARTED in 2009? It's just that I can see a few AARs listed that are many moons old...

Congratulations to all the winners (and thanks to all of you who very kindly voted for Suenik)!

A quick question though - I thought this round you could only vote for AARs STARTED in 2009? It's just that I can see a few AARs listed that are many moons old...

My bad. That was a poorly phrased rule. Any AAR updated in 2009 was eligible. The only limitation on start date was that it had to be before 2010.

My bad. That was a poorly phrased rule. Any AAR updated in 2009 was eligible. The only limitation on start date was that it had to be before 2010.

Ah - gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

This was my first time voting in these awards, and while it was a great honour to have my first AAR be nominated, I also really enjoyed discovering the best these forums had to offer! Looking forward to the next round.

Congrats to all the winners. Thanks to everyone that voted. A special thanks to The Swert for his work at running the process.

Hopefully by the next vote, or the one after I'll have branched out in my Paradox experience and be able to vote in more catagories.

Firstly, thank you to The Swert for a well run and very smoothly operated round.

Secondly, thank you to the people who voted for me. The cheques are in the mail.

It was a big shock to think that anyone could think my writing as worth the effort of voting for, let alone twice, although I thought Comagoosie is a very worthy winner (especially since I voted for him). Your votes of confidence gave me a great thrill and inspired me to write more.

First many thanks to 'The Swert' for all his efforts.

Second congratulations to all the winners.

But regrettably this times votes clearly show a diminishing interest for Victoria. Only 28 votes were casted in all Victoria categories which is the lowest of all games, not counting Rome and FTG (HoI3: 30; CK: 54; EU3: 82; HoI2: 86). On the one hand it shows that good old vicky can still compete with the newest paradox game ;) but on the other hand it just marks Victorias fall from grace.
So I would like to point you all to have a look (an hopefully some more) at the Victoria subforum. There are some great AARs around which are among the best of AARland. Just start with some of the winners and you might discover some pretty jewels of AARland.

Treppe

Thank you for the effort Swert, Congratulations to all the winners!

And thanks to everyone out there who votes for Totally Random Productions! :)

-Laurence and Vincent, TRP

Congratulations to all winners! I see that the right AARs won.

Shame that I did not remembered to vote, again...

Last edited:
Ok I've now updated the results and all the links now work. One thing I also noticed though, qwerkus's winning gameplay Vicky AAR had already won twice and therefore should be excluded from these awards. The trouble is, it received 3 votes and second place was shared by 5 AARs each with 1 vote. So given this, I'll just let the result stand.

Furthermore, I'd like to thank people for their thanks. In the last three months or so I've basically lost interest in AARland but decided to continue to run the awards anyway. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to run the next awards at this stage. At the moment I still visit everyday but by April things might be different and these awards might need a new organiser. I'll let you know before that day comes though so somebody else might be able to start the next awards on time if necessary.