• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Favorite Eu3 AAR -- The All Island AAR: by Capibara
Favorite Eu3 History-Book -- The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Era 1): by rcduggan
Favoite Eu3 Gameplay -- A Tale of Two Empires: by Geoffrey

Favorite Hoi2 AAR -- Kathmandu Can Do (A Nepal AAR): by rcduggan
Favorite Hoi2 Narrative AAR -- same
Favorite Hoi2 Gameplay -- Deus Vult!: by Channuka Zombie

I will keep it simple:

Favorite AAR, EU3 - The All Island AAR by Capibara
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - The All Island AAR by Capibara

Favorite AAR, Vicky - We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky - The Golden Nation- California (VIP) AAR by DerKaiser
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky - We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor

Olav said:
I'm only active in the EU2 subforums, but I have always used the ACA to find fun and well-written AARs in the other subforums. However, lately I feel that some of the point of the ACA is gone, since some AARs is nominated and winning over and over again. By all means, those AARs do have a very high quality and deserves to get attention, but I'm sure I miss a lot of other good AARs this way. So, I propose that AARs that have won the ACA can't be nominated in the next one... perhaps a bit drastic, but it would at least bring some refreshment into this. It should be doable for EU3 and other active subforums, perhaps a bit harder for EU2 where there's few new AARs.

That's my $0.02.

One might ponder this proposition, in combination with what could be called (depending on location and sports interests) for instance the World AAR Series or AAR CL [edit] or rather ACACL[/edit], for the winners of those categories.

I'll add my defunct ƒ 0,02 to your $ 0.02. Off to read....

Favorite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain failed to control the world? by canonized.
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What If Spain Failed To Control The World? by canonized.

Favorite AAR, CK: Lotharingia: A Tale Of Resurrection by Snugglie.
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Lotharingia: A Tale Of Resurrection by Snugglie.
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: A History Of Byzantium by VILenin.

Favorite Graphics, Overall: Lotharingia: A Tale Of Resurrection by Snugglie.

vote withdrawn in light of recent discussion and a reread of the rules..

Last edited:
Partial Sissiness FTW... :D

Favorite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle by rcduggan
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: The Return of the Hurricane! Anhalt Gameplay AAR by Amric

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: Furious Vengeance by El Pip
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Enig og tro til Dovre Faller by Lord E
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: Furious Vengeance by El Pip
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Bear in Winter: An All the Russias AAR. by RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944. by Remble

Favorite AAR, CK: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan by Alfred Packer
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The Misadventures of the House of Burgundy by theim
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds by Kurt_Steiner (and Peti)
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: The Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau by anonymous4401

Favorite Graphics, Overall: The Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite New Writer, Overall: The Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus

Yes, and again sometimes I just need to vote for an AAR, even if it means misclassifying it... ;) :D

Favorite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? By Canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? By Canonized
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: The Byzantine Renaissance by Tritio

Last edited:
Fernando Torres said:
Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 : Kill the Fascists by Henryjai
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 : Kill the Fascists by Henryjai
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 : Kill the Fascists by Henryjai
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 : Revival of the Roman Empire by JonReb
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 : Das war ein Befehl by DvD-IT

Favorite Graphics : None
Favorite New Writer : DvD-IT
Henryjai's AAR was started in April, thus it is not eligable for this voting period. We are only looking at work done between January and March of this year.

Placeholder for voting later.

As soon as Paradox Forums lets me see my member profile and my subscriptions.

Favorite AAR, EU3 "Je Maintiendrai" - William of Orange and the Wars of Coalition by TreizeV
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 "Je Maintiendrai" - William of Orange and the Wars of Coalition by TreizeV
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR by Alexus
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 For King and Country by Draco Rexus
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR by Alexus
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 The Revolution is Not Yet Over: The Legacy of Sun Yat-sen by Faeelin
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR by Alexus

Favorite AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK A History of Byzantium by VILenin
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky A Special Providence by Director
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky A Special Providence by Director
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU1/2
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR by Alexus
Favorite New Writer, Overall

Favorite AAR, EU3 Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? canonized

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 by Remble
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 by Remble

Favorite AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT

Favorite AAR, EU3 - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 by thrashing mad
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 by thrashing mad
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - The Byzantine Renaissance by Tritio

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 - Legacy of Rome: A Byzantine AAR by Mr Hearts
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 - Legacy of Rome: A Byzantine AAR by Mr Hearts

Favorite AAR, CK - Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK - Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT

Favorite AAR, Vicky - Sceptre of David: An Israel AAR by superskippy
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky - Cruelty Has A Human Heart by LeonTrotsky

Favorite Graphics, Overall - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 by thrashing mad
Favorite New Writer, Overall - Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792 byBingo Brett

good luck to all,
:) asd

Last edited:
nette001 said:
One might ponder this proposition, in combination with what could be called (depending on location and sports interests) for instance the World AAR Series or AAR CL [edit] or rather ACACL[/edit], for the winners of those categories.

I'll add my defunct ƒ 0,02 to your $ 0.02. Off to read....
That is a good idea (both yours and the one you quoted), but the problem is that: would that just mean the next quarter?

That actually is a good idea, because one quarter new AARs could win, but the third quarter the old monopolizers would win again. I think that is a pretty good idea.

Favorite AAR, EU3 : Timelines, by Canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 : Timelines, by Canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 : Resistance : End of Man, by TreizeV
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 : Weltkriegschaft by The Hyphenated 1
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 :
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 : The Butterfly Effect, by El Pip
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 : The United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND - A Modern Day AAR (MDS2 v1.5), by Panzerkampf

Favorite Graphics, Overall : The United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND - A Modern Day AAR (MDS2 v1.5), by Panzerkampf
Favorite New Writer, Overall : Weltkriegschaft by The Hyphenated 1

Last edited:
Since we are bandying ideas around, I notice that AARs are considered Narratives to some readers, and History Book or Gameplay by some others. Taking my own AAR as an example, even though "Crossfires" was written as a Narrative, I often gain votes for it in the "History Book" section, and I always wonder if that does not make it more difficult for new writers who went for the History Book style to emerge. Maybe the writers should opt for one category (bearing in mind they could actually win in four, as New Writer, Best Graphics, their AAR category and Best Overall) ?

Just an idea, but I certainly understand those who fear the new blood will always be drowned into the background noise generated by the already-successful AARs.

*is excited and grateful to have been even nominated*

Well-put, Atlantic Friend. As a new writAAR myself, I'll throw in my two ducats, for what they're worth.

Ideally, someone who votes has read or at least sampled a reasonable selection of the quality AARs in a given category. Of course, not all who vote have done so, and rather vote for, say, the sole Vicky AAR that they follow.

As a result, the established AARs tend to garner many votes from people who have not seen other promising choices in a given category.

As everyone's time available for reading and reading speed vary, we may not be able to expect people to exhaustively read each category before voting, but if they at least make their selection from a number of AARs in each category in which they vote, that accomplishes another goal of the ACAs -- encouraging people to read a variety of new AARs.

As a corollary, in the Oscars, the voting isn't based on whatever the Academy members happened to have been interested in seeing in the theater. Rather, the Academy provides them with copies of each movie so that voting in each category is as informed as possible.

this discussion has made me reread the rules on ACA..

Vote withdrawn as a result. :eek:o

In light of the discussion, I thought I'd offer one possible thing that every author, "established" or not, can do to help broaden the field - remind your readers that the ACAs are going on. It doesn't have to be a stand alone post - my reminder is included with an update. Reminding those who read your AAR to head out and vote will likely spread the field out some - ideally, the more people who read around and the more people who vote, the broader the number of AARs who will receive backing.