• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
As anonymous has not been around lately, and this seems to be a popular activity around these parts, I thought we'd see what another quarter of the ACA brings. As anonymous does such a good job with this, I see no reason to change his words so see below for instructions:

For this quarter of 2008 Q1, all AARs updated between the dates of Jan 01 2008 and March 31 2008 will be eligible! But please use common sense and judge a work based on the work done in that time! Also remember that you cannot vote for your own AARs

The voting begins now, and will last until April 30.

I ask you to read a good portion of the quality AARs of a certain category before voting, though you do not need to read them all, and you do not need to read every word of the ones you do read. It is possible to get a feel for the relative quality of an AAR without doing so, after all. I just ask you to be able to make a somewhat fair judgment. But don't be afraid to vote, and don't be afraid to read! Expand your horizons and read AARs in subforums you rarely visit. You'll find some gems, and every vote helps.

You can either vote in public, that is, by posting in this thread, or in private, sending me a PM with your votes. Don't be afraid to put in a vote just because you could only honestly vote in a few categories. Every vote helps, and you can always come back later and edit/resend your votes with additions! Also note that privately sent votes will be posted in this thread to keep a record, just without any names attached.

The categories that are to be voted on are as follows:

Favorite AAR, EU3
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU1/2
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall
Favorite New Writer, Overall

Category Explanations:

Favorite AAR

Very straightforward. Simply your favorite AAR in that subforum, for whatever reasons you may have.

Narrative AAR

An AAR that is 'novel-like', using characterization and plot to drive a story. Gameplay is heavily buried.

Examples:

Singleton Mosby's The Lone Wolf - A mercenary in the King's service

Prufrock's To Stand Against the Night

MacRaith's The Tower of Fear

Estonianzulu's War Without End

Secret Master's The Lives of Famous and Noble Castilians: A Chronicle of the Kingdom of Castile

History-Book AAR

An AAR that reads like a history book would, with a more detached manner than a narrative. Doesn't have to be a 'history book', could just as easily read like a newspaper, a series of reports, or some other format that is similar.

Examples:

Cohort's Do Sirens Sing for Saxony? - A Magna Mundi AAR

Stonewall's From Stone to Steel: A History of Imperial Russia

siekel's Ladislaus I the Saint, and his dynasty

Syt's All quiet on the Western Front - Germany 1914

MAlexander06's The One True Faith: A Byzantine AAR

Gameplay AAR

An AAR that is driven mostly by gameplay, with the gameplay itself being lightly buried, if at all. Usually recognizable by usage of game terms in the AAR itself, and such. Also known as 'Non-Fanfic'

Examples:

uknight's Tyrone: The Big Red Hand

Steele's Nukes for Nepal - An AAR

Fiftypence's Drunk on Burgundy - A de Bourgogne AAR

IEX Totalview's Greek Empire: The Anti-Industrial Revolution

Warspite's Encyclopedia wAARspite : Cambodia

Comedy AAR

An AAR that is intentionally humorous. Usually difficult to classify in the above three categories otherwise, and prioritizes humor over things like drama and coherent plot.

Examples:

Secret Master's Templaric Twits: Mediterranean Police

Satcho's The Rest Stop to the West: A Luxemburg AAR

Farquharson's The Incorrupt Hand: a Comedy of Árpáds

Haba's Take London - A Swiss AAR

Peter Ebbesen's The Timurid Scientists AAR

Graphics

The best usage of graphics, whether it be expert placement of screenshots or hand-drawn masterpieces.

New Writer

Despite the name, this is actually a category for AARs. Specifically AARs that were started in the last quarter, and is the author's very first AAR. Only those that satisfy both these conditions are eligible. Please try to do your best to verify that these conditions are met, possibly by PMing the author if you have to. And please give the title of the AAR, not just the author's name.

/!\ ATTENTION: PLEASE VERIFY THAT THE AAR IN QUESTION BOTH STARTED DURING THE QUARTER AND IS THE WRITER'S FIRST AAR. PM THEM IF YOU HAVE TO. /!\

Multiple Categories

Note that some AARs can be voted on in multiple categories. For instance, a brand-new history book AAR with great graphics can be voted on in the Favorite Graphics, Overall; Favorite New Writer, Overall; and the Favorite History-Book AAR, XXX categories. Some AARs also fit multiple categories, such as an in-depth narrative alternated with helpful in-game explanation, making it both Narrative and Gameplay, or a narrative interspersed with history book excerpts, making it both Narrative and History Book. But remember that works must be judged for their respective categories on the strength of their respective categories, so vote a Narrative/History-Book AAR in the Narrative section only if you think its strength in that section is enough to deserve it.

Examples:

coz1's For the Glory of Persia (Literally contains elements of both narrative and history-book, as there are segments of both alike.)

[anchor=heh]Example of voting post:[/anchor]

Favorite AAR, EU3: Rise of a Merchant Kingdom: Chronicle of Cyprus by Sapphire
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: The Lone Wolf - A mercenary in the King's service by Singleton Mosby
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: For Allah and Empire! An Ottoman Empire AAR by HannibalBarca
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: - Friedrich's Ambition (A Saxony AAR) - by MrT
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Japan: The Dream of new land! by kolpo

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1:Where the Iron Crosses Grow - German AAR by The Yogi
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Chiarire le Intenzioni by TekcoR
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1: The Rest Stop to the West: A Luxemburg AAR by Satcho
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: Rise of the People's Republic of France by Vendere Sacerdo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:Nukes for Nepal - An AAR by Steele

Favorite AAR, CK: Ladislaus I the Saint, and his dynasty by siekel
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Knight-Mages of Bavaria by anthonyp
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: The Incorrupt Hand: a Comedy of Árpáds by Farquharson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Ladislaus I the Saint, and his dynasty by siekel
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Drunk on Burgundy - A de Bourgogne AAR by Fiftypence

Favorite AAR, Victoria: For the Glory of Persia by coz1
Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria: War Without End by Estonianzulu
Favorite Comedy AAR, Victoria: Take London - A Swiss AAR by Haba
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria: For the Glory of Persia by coz1
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: Greek Empire: The Anti-Industrial Revolution by IEX Totalview

Favorite AAR, EU2/1: Portugal or Bust: The Director's Cut - Rated 'R' by Lord Durham
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU2/1: l’Eminence Grise by MrT
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: The Timurid Scientists AAR by Peter Ebbesen
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2/1: The One True Faith: A Byzantine AAR by MAlexander06
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2/1: Encyclopedia wAARspite : Cambodia by Warspite

Favorite Graphics, Overall: PostcAARds from Australia by Wolfhound

Favorite New Writer, Overall: Can't have an example as it won't be eligible if it's from the past

(Note: All AARs in this example were completed before 2007 Q4 so they are not eligible anyways. The EU3 ones have their last reply four months ago so I assume they're done.)

So get out and vote, and encourage others to vote as well, either by linking this thread in your sig or by advertising this in your AARs!
No Rome yet, but we can look forward to adding it next quarter, eh? So what are you waiting for? You heard anonymous...get out and vote. :)

Note: I'll be tallying the votes, so obviously you'd send me the PM rather than anonymous. Unless you just want to send him a friendly hello, in which case I'm sure he'd enjoy it. ;) Try to vote in thread, though - people might find a new AAR from your votes. You never know. :)

Last edited:
Sweeeet We're back in business!

Favorite AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by Canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by Canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 - There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut by Grubnessel
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 - Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle by rcduggan
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - The All Island AAR by Capibara

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 - Weltkriegschaft by TheHyphenated1
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 - Weltkriegschaft by TheHyphenated1
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 - Bhutan Takes on the World by Snake IV
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 -
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 - Permanently Operating Factors by Myth and Discomb

Favorite AAR, CK - Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK - Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR by General_BT
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK - Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds by Kurt_steiner
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK - Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK - The Adventures of the Crovan Clan by Alfred Packer

Favorite AAR, Vicky - The Golden Nation- California (VIP) AAR by DerKaiser
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky - The Golden Nation- California (VIP) AAR by DerKaiser
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky - We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky - A Stiff Upper Lip, A terribly British History by Dr. Gonzo

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 - The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2 - The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck

Favorite Graphics, Overall - Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite New Writer, Overall - Weltkriegschaft by TheHyphenated1

Last edited:
Ahh .. I love the smell of ACA in the morning !

All empty slots are still pending and things are subject to sudden change :D . If you have any recommendations let me know !! I'll be using all month to add entires or modify entries ! Also , if you're an author and I've voted for you and it's not in the category you're running for , let me know ! ^^

Favorite AAR, EU3: Woodhouse Dynasty by English Patriot
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: "Je Maintiendrai" - William of Orange and the Wars of Coalition by TreizeV
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut by Grubnessul
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Woodhouse Dynasty by English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: The All Island AAR by Capibara

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: Crossfires by Atlantic Friend
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: The Last Mission by TheExecuter
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: Bhutan Takes on the World by Snake IV
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The War Path by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Permanently Operating Factors by Myth and Discomb

Favorite AAR, CK: Rome AARisen by General_BT
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Lotharingia -- A tale of resurrection by Snugglie
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: A History of Byzantium by VILenin
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan by Alfred Packer

Favorite AAR, Vicky: The Golden Nation by DerKaiser
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: The Golden Nation by DerKaiser
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: Divided But United - Austria 1836-1920 by KanaX

Favorite AAR, EU1/2: The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2: The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU1/2: Golden Horde - Scourge from the East by Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2: The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR by SeanB
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU1/2: Last Stand in the West by VILenin

Favorite Graphics, Overall: Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite New Writer, Overall: Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3: [thread=289729]Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?[/thread] by Canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: [thread=344886]Unsung Ballads of Aquitaine[/thread] by nalivayko
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: [thread=343767]Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792[/thread] by Bingo Brett
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: [thread=343076]Scotland the Brave (....but a wee bit cowardly sometimes....) by Babington-Smyth [/thread]
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: [thread=321277]What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- a Papal States EU3 1.3 aar[/thread] by safferli

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: [thread=347322]The world holds its breath... an EastAARn Front[/thread] by Merlowe
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: [thread=347322]The world holds its breath... an EastAARn Front[/thread] by Merlowe
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: [thread=347510]Für Das Vaterland[/thread] by Kaiser Snyder

Favorite AAR, CK: [thread=298672]Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds[/thread] by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: [thread=284935]The Beautiful Girl and the History Class[/thread] by Jestor
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: [thread=298672]Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds[/thread] by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: [thread=326458]The Adventures of the Crovan Clan by Alfred Packer [/thread]

(I have read none, should get on it)
Favorite AAR, Vicky

(I have not read enough AARs in this category, therefore I my votes are bias)
Favorite AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall: From Rus to Russia - Russia Megacampaign, pt.2 by RGB
Favorite New Writer, Overall: [thread=343767]Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792[/thread] by Bingo Brett

NOTE: if I left a space blank I am most likely debating between myself.

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3 - Safferli - What if the Pope had 200,000 Men?
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 - English Patriot - Rebirth of England - The Woodhouse Dynasty Part II
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 - Grubnessel - There Might Be Vikings
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 - Babington-Smythe - Scotland the Brave (But a Wee bit cowardly sometimes)
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - Safferli - What if the Pope had 200,000 Men?

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 - Remble - The Setting Sun - Gotterdamerung 1944 - Japan
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 - Hardraade - Return to Glory - A Germania AAR
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 - SEG-CISR - CheatAARs Always Succeed - A Cheatin' Luxembourg AAR
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 - Channuka Zombie - Deus Vult! - The Kingdom of Jerusalem
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 - Remble - The Setting Sun - Gotterdamerung 1944 - Japan

Favorite AAR, CK - General_BT - Rome AARisen - A Byzantine AAR
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK - General_BT - Rome AARisen - A Byzantine AAR
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK - theim - Misadventures of the House of Burgundy (barely qualifies, but brilliant!)
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK - Snugglie - Lotharingia - A Tale of Ressurection
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK - JMJ - Finlandia Universalis

Favorite AAR, Vicky - superskippy - Sceptre of David
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky - DerKaiser - The Golden Nation - California
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky - Kaixxor - We AAR All Doomed - A Terribly Odd Prussian AAR
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky - superskippy - Sceptre of David
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky - Quirinus308 - The World Is Not Enough

Favorite AAR, EU2 - The Swert - Will The Real Khanate Please Stand Up
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1 - Duke of Wellington - Genghis Returns (Riviting plot)
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2 - The Swert - Will The Real Khanate Please Stand Up
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2 - SeanB - The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2 - demokratickid - Men of Carpathia: A Wallachia AAR

Favorite Graphics, Overall - English Patriot - Rebirth of England - The Woodhouse Dynasty Part II
Favorite New Writer, Overall - Kaixxor - We AAR All Doomed - A Terribly Odd Prussian AAR

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3- Timelines, What if Spain Failed to Control The World? by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3- Timelines, What if Spain Failed to Control The World? by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3- There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut by Grubnessul
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3- The Rebirth of England The Woodhouse Dynasty by English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3- The Romance of the 11 Kingdoms by Redwolf915

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky- Arriba y Adelante, Mexican Grand Campaign Pt. 2 by General Grant
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky- The Adventures of King Kamehameha by Alfred Packer
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky- Arriba y Adelante, Mexican Grand Campaign Pt. 2 by General Grant

Favorite AAR, EU1/2- The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2- The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck

Last edited:
Woohoo, it's that time of year again!

Favorite AAR, EU3: Romance of the 11 Kingdoms, by Redwolf915
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: "Je Maintiendrai" - William of Orange and the Wars of Coalition, by TreizeV
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Flower of the Lilly, by Mr. Capitalist
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: The Sultan of all Sand Castles - History of Khorasan, by Kazmir

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: God Save Us All..Rewriting History in Blood, by Inkana
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Return to Glory: A Germania AAR, by Hardraade
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: The War Path, by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1: Miles of Hell to London, by Kibbles

Favorite AAR, Victoria: The Roof of the World: A Tibetan AAR, by Eärendil
Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria:
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria: Sins of the Fathers (Papal States 1836-'78), by ComradeOm
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria:

Favorite New Writer
Favorite Graphics, Overall:

Last edited:
Yeesh! I'm looking through the examples in the first post and can't help but notice a bias against a certain Mod of long standing... :( ;)

No idea what you are talking about, LD. :p

I see a certain Portugal AAR listed. ;)

I would like to withdraw all my current or future stories from consideration. Much like the OscAARs and such I feel that these awards should be meant as a means of encouraging new writers, not hoary old fellows such as myself. Thank you all.

Favorite AAR, EU3: The Rebirth of England - Woodhouse Dynasty Part II, by English Patriot
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: The Adventures of Captain Boudewijin Kuijper, by comagoosie
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: Scotland the Brave (....but a wee bit cowardly sometimes....), by Babington-Smyth
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Opening The Papal AARchives 1453-1792, by Bingo Brett
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: A Tale of Two City-States: A Venetian-Novgorodan AAR, by Zimfan

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944, by Remble
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: "Alone" – Britain, VH+, a multimedia AAR, by Alexus
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign, by Commander-DK
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: China Rules the Seas, by Rodrico Stak

Favorite AAR, CK: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan, by Alfred Packer
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor, by frogbeastegg
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan, by Alfred Packer
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: The Adventures of the Crovan Clan, by Alfred Packer

Favorite AAR, Vicky: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR, by Quirinus308
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR, by Kaixxor
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR, by Quirinus308

Favorite Graphics, Overall: The Rebirth of England - Woodhouse Dynasty Part II, by English Patriot
Favorite New Writer, Overall: Kaixxor, for We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR

Last edited:
Great to see this continuing even in Anon's absence! Mostly placeholders to start with, I'm afraid, but we'll get there:

Favorite AAR, EU3
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: The Rebirth of England - Woodhouse Dynasty Part II by English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Regnum Angevinus ~ A Plantagenet EmpiAAR by jeffg006
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: Stiff Upper Lip: A Terribly British History by Dr. Gonzo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The World Is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308

Favorite AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2: The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck

Last edited:
Some votes now, others in time.

Favorite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Woodhouse Dynasty- English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Sforza- Rennslear

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: The Last Mission- The Executor
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Chrological Influences III- tcpilot
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Revolution is not yet over- Faelin

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Chronological Influences IV - tcpilot
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky: The Empire of Heaven- Jeffg006
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: The Empire of Heaven- Jeffg006
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR - Kaiser the Dog. Okay, maybe Kaixxor had some input. :D
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: In the Footsteps of Illustrious Men- Estonianzulu
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The Sceptre of David - Superskippy

Favorite AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2:

Favorite Graphics, Overall: White Eagle- thrashing mad

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3: Rebirth of England: Woodhouse Dynasty part 2 by English Patriot
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Je Maintiendrai - William of Orange and the Wars of Coalition by TreizeV
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: The Sultan of all sand castles - History of Khorasan by Kazmir
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Rebirth of England: Woodhouse Dynasty part 2 by English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Scotland The Brave (...but a wee bit cowardly sometimes...) by Babington-Smyth

Favorite AAR, CK: Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The eagle in winter by coz1
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Lo Llibre dels Feyts - The Book of Deeds by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Chronicles of the Golden Cross by AlexanderPrimus
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Finlandia Universalis, An Alternative History AAR by JMJ

Favorite AAR, Vicky: Divided But United - Austria 1836-1920 by KanaX
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky: The Golden Nation - California (VIP) AAR by DerKaiser
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky: We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: Stiff Upper Lip: A Terribly British Story by Dr. Gonzo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The World Is Not Enough, A German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308

Favorite AAR, EU1/2: Dreams of a Baltic State - Pomerania AAR (EU2) by Emperor_krk
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2: The Fallen Eagle: A Byzantine Empire AAR (EU2) by SeanB
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU1/2: Will the real Khanate please stand up - A Chagatai AAR (EU2) by The Swert
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2: The saxon challenge (EU2) by chefkoch
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU1/2: Genghis Returns (EU1) by Duke of Wellington

Favorite Graphics, Overall: AlexanderPrimus for Chronicles of the Golden Cross
Favorite New Writer, Overall: AlexanderPrimus for Chronicles of the Golden Cross

Just can't get into HOI AAR's, so I guess I'm not voting for any of them.

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3 The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Era I)
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 BohemiAAR: An Alternate History
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 "Das war ein Befehl!" A German Götterdammerung '44 AR
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 Legacy of Rome: A Byzantine AAR
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 Legacy of Rome: A Byzantine AAR
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 Legacy of Rome: A Byzantine AAR

Favorite AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK Finlandia Universalis: An Alternative History AAR
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK Chronicles of the Golden Cross
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR

Favorite AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 Born to the purple
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2 Born to the purple

Favorite Graphics, Overall thrashing mad Poland megacampaign part 2
Favorite New Writer, Overall AlexanderPrimus Golden Cross-thingie

I dont read all the forums and not all types of AArs so will you accepta reduced list:

Favorite AAR, EU3: Woodhouse Dynasty by English Patriot
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by Canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: There might be Vikings out there! Or: how I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut by Grubnessel
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: - Woodhouse Dynasty by English Patriot
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3:EU3: What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- a Papal States EU3 1.3 aar by safferli

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1:The Setting Sun - Gotterdamerung 1944 - Japan
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: None that i really like
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1:Furious Vengance - A 1944 UK AAR by El Pip
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: "We will stand defiant!" a AH France AAR by trekaddict
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:Für Das Vaterland by Kaiser Snyder

Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky - We AAR All Doomed! A Terribly Odd Prussia AAR by Kaixxor

Lord Strange said:

Might I perhaps suggest....hmmmmm....mine! :D I swear you'll like it. ;)

Ahhh...what shameless pimping, I'm starting to sound like Armi. :p

Lord Strange said:

I'd really recommend grayghosts Manchurian Candidate, have a read! :D :p

grayghost said:
Might I perhaps suggest....hmmmmm....mine! :D I swear you'll like it. ;)

Ahhh...what shameless pimping, I'm starting to sound like Armi. :p

Haha , I can't help but endorse great AARs like yours or Primus's or Kaiser's or EP's =P . Hardly makes me a pimp of any of you .. (well because I don't get my cut that's why =P =P har har har) . In seriousness , though , I'm very glad we have this festival , it's a great way to encourage other people to read the myriad of great AARs out there ! And thanks to coz definitely for keeping it going :D