• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(17581)

AARlander
Jun 12, 2003
Visit site
Welcome to the AARland Choice AwAARds, the only game in town if you need that awAARd fix and you need it NOW.

For this quarter of 2007 Q1, all AARs updated between the dates of Jan 01 2007 and Mar 31 2007 will be eligible! But please use common sense and judge a work based on the work done in that time! Also remember that you cannot vote for your own AARs

The voting begins now, and will last until May 30.

I ask you to read a good portion of the quality AARs of a certain category before voting, though you do not need to read them all, and you do not need to read every word of the ones you do read. It is possible to get a feel for the relative quality of an AAR without doing so, after all. I just ask you to be able to make a somewhat fair judgment. But don't be afraid to vote, and don't be afraid to read! Expand your horizons and read AARs in subforums you rarely visit. You'll find some gems, and every vote helps.

You can either vote in public, that is, by posting in this thread, or in private, sending me a PM with your votes. Don't be afraid to put in a vote just because you could only honestly vote in a few categories. Every vote helps, and you can always come back later and edit/resend your votes with additions! Also note that privately sent votes will be posted in this thread to keep a record, just without any names attached.

The categories that are to be voted on are as follows:

Favorite AAR, EU3
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU1/2
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall
Favorite New Writer, Overall

Category Explanations:

Favorite AAR

Very straightforward. Simply your favorite AAR in that subforum, for whatever reasons you may have.

Narrative AAR

An AAR that is 'novel-like', using characterization and plot to drive a story. Gameplay is heavily buried.

Examples:

Estonianzulu's War Without End

Secret Master's The Lives of Famous and Noble Castilians: A Chronicle of the Kingdom of Castile

History-Book AAR

An AAR that reads like a history book would, with a more detached manner than a narrative. Doesn't have to be a 'history book', could just as easily read like a newspaper, a series of reports, or some other format that is similar.

Examples:

Syt's All quiet on the Western Front - Germany 1914

Stonewall's From Stone to Steel: A History of Imperial Russia

Gameplay AAR

An AAR that is driven mostly by gameplay, with the gameplay itself being lightly buried, if at all. Usually recognizable by usage of game terms in the AAR itself, and such. Also known as 'Non-Fanfic'

Examples:

IEX Totalview's Greek Empire: The Anti-Industrial Revolution

Steele's Nukes for Nepal - An AAR

Comedy AAR

An AAR that is intentionally humorous. Usually difficult to classify in the above three categories otherwise, and prioritizes humor over things like drama and coherent plot.

Examples:

Satcho's The Rest Stop to the West: A Luxemburg AAR

Farquharson's The Incorrupt Hand: a Comedy of Árpáds

Haba's Take London - A Swiss AAR

Graphics

The best usage of graphics, whether it be expert placement of screenshots or hand-drawn masterpieces.

New Writer

Despite the name, this is actually a category for AARs. Specifically AARs that were started in the last quarter, and is the author's very first AAR. Only those that satisfy both these conditions are eligible. I repeat, when voting write down the AAR, NOT JUST THE AUTHOR! AND MAKE SURE THAT IT WAS STARTED IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2007 AND IT WAS THE AUTHOR'S FIRST AAR! IF THE FIRST POST WAS BEFORE JANUARY 1 OF THIS YEAR OF COURSE IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ELIGIBLE, AND EVEN IF IT IS IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE 2001 IT IS PROBABLY NOT THEIR FIRST AAR! CHECK IT BY PM IF YOU MUST! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU MESS THIS UP, IF YOU POST AN AAR THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE AUTHOR'S FIRST, OR GOD FORBID JUST THE AUTHOR'S NAME, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE, GO THERE AND BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! AND TO REITERATE ONE MORE TIME CHECK IF THE AAR MEETS BOTH CONDITIONS AND POST THE AAR'S NAME, NOT JUST THE AUTHOR'S!

Multiple Categories

Note that some AARs can be voted on in multiple categories. For instance, a brand-new history book AAR with great graphics can be voted on in the Favorite Graphics, Overall; Favorite New Writer, Overall; and the Favorite History-Book AAR, XXX categories. Some AARs also fit multiple categories, such as an in-depth narrative alternated with helpful in-game explanation, making it both Narrative and Gameplay, or a narrative interspersed with history book excerpts, making it both Narrative and History Book. But remember that works must be judged for their respective categories on the strength of their respective categories, so vote a Narrative/History-Book AAR in the Narrative section only if you think its strength in that section is enough to deserve it.

Examples:

coz1's For the Glory of Persia (Literally contains elements of both narrative and history-book, as there are segments of both alike.)

[anchor=heh]Example of voting post:[/anchor]

Favorite AAR, EU3: [anchorlink=heh]Delusions of Grandeur III: Pax Aethiopica[/anchorlink] by anonymous4401
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: [anchorlink=heh]Delusions of Grandeur III: Pax Aethiopica[/anchorlink] by anonymous4401
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: [anchorlink=heh]Secrets of the AARk II: Arklectric Boogaloo[/anchorlink] by anonymous4401
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: [anchorlink=heh]Ark-Tangent II: This Time I Swear I'll Update More Than Once[/anchorlink] by anonymous4401
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: [anchorlink=heh]How I Conquered The World As Ethiopia By Ruthlessly Exploiting The Game Mechanics[/anchorlink] by anonymous4401

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1:Where the Iron Crosses Grow - German AAR by The Yogi
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Chiarire le Intenzioni by TekcoR
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1: The Rest Stop to the West: A Luxemburg AAR by Satcho
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: Rise of the People's Republic of France by Vendere Sacerdo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:Nukes for Nepal - An AAR by Steele

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:l’Eminence Grise by MrT
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU2/1: l’Eminence Grise by MrT
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: The Timurid Scientists AAR by Peter Ebbesen
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2/1: The One True Faith: A Byzantine AAR by MAlexander06
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2/1: Encyclopedia wAARspite : Cambodia by Warspite

Favorite AAR, CK: Ladislaus I the Saint, and his dynasty by siekel
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Knight-Mages of Bavaria by anthonyp
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: The Incorrupt Hand: a Comedy of Árpáds by Farquharson
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Ladislaus I the Saint, and his dynasty by siekel
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Drunk on Burgundy - A de Bourgogne AAR by Fiftypence

Favorite AAR, Victoria: For the Glory of Persia by coz1
Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria: War Without End by Estonianzulu
Favorite Comedy AAR, Victoria: Take London - A Swiss AAR by Haba
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria: For the Glory of Persia by coz1
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: Greek Empire: The Anti-Industrial Revolution by IEX Totalview

Favorite Graphics, Overall: PostcAARds from Australia by Wolfhound

Favorite New Writer, Overall: [anchorlink=heh]I am not anonymous4401 and this AAR is not about Ethiopia. Okay I lied.[/anchorlink] by anonymous4402

(Note: All AARs in this example were completed before 2007 Q1 so they are not eligible anyways. The EU3 AARs are made up because there were no EU3 AARs before Q1 2007 started. The New Writer AAR is similar.)

So get out and vote, and encourage others to vote as well, either by linking this thread in your sig or by advertising this in your AARs!

Last edited:
This will be edited in future

Favorite AAR, EU3: The return of the Lombards - by Veldmaarschalk
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? - by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: The Sound Of AARabia - A MusicAAR About Something - by EvilSanta
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: The return of the Lombards - by Veldmaarschalk
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: The Sound Of AARabia - A MusicAAR About Something - by EvilSanta

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire - by grayghost
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire - by grayghost
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2/1:

Favorite AAR, CK: A YeAAR's Education - Russia Megacampaign - by RGB
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:A YeAAR's Education - Russia Megacampaign - by RGB
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: The Medieval KISS-AARmy - A MusicAAR About Nothing - by EvilSanta
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: After Hastings: A Weekly Report from England - by Judas Maccabeus
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Dynasty: Unification part 1 - by Emperor Ike

Favorite AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR - by Quirinus308
Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria:
Favorite Comedy AAR, Victoria:
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria:Bolivar's Legacy: An AAR of Gran Colombia - by Dr. Gonzo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR - by Quirinus308

Favorite Graphics, Overall: A YeAAR's Education - Russia Megacampaign - by RGB

Favorite New Writer, Overall: grayghost for The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire

Last edited:
all placeholders, of course. ;)

Favorite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? - by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? - by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: The Deconquista, by Dysken
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: History of the White Eagle
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3:

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: Cat War, by amona
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1: For a Few ReinCAAR nations more, Le Ran
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: The Last Sons of Mars, Technique
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:The Prisoners of Silence, Karelian

Favorite AAR, EU2/1: Scourge of the East, DoW

Favorite Graphics, Overall: Red Alert 2 by kami888

Favorite New Writer, Overall: TIMELINES: What if Spain failed to control the World by canonized

Last edited:
Placeholder Ballot

Favorite AAR, EU3:
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3:
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3:

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Lamps Before the Wind - A Japanese Revival by Myth
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by El Pip
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1: Red Alert 2 by Kami888

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: T

Favorite AAR, CK:
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK:
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308

Favorite Graphics, Overall:

Favorite New Writer, Overall:

Last edited:
Because it's the thing to do...

Favourite AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR
Favourite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
Favourite Comedy AAR, EU3: The Deconquista: A Granada AAR
Favourite History-Book AAR, EU3: History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3
Favourite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Burgundy for Beginners (come pAARticipate with me!)

I also want to give a shoutout to Yemeni Dreams: the Caliphate and Beyond, and if he qualifies for the rookie awward, please put me as a voter for him.

Favourite AAR, CK: History of the White Eagle - Poland Megacampaign AAR
Favourite Narrative AAR, CK: The Beautiful Girl and the History Class
Favourite Comedy AAR, CK: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau
Favourite History-Book AAR, CK: History of the White Eagle - Poland Megacampaign AAR
Favourite Gameplay AAR, CK: The Rise of Dalmatians
Favourite Multi-Player CK: Collage of CAARdinals: An interactive history of the Papal States

For CK I think the History ones have been the ahrdest for me to select. Not only do you have the monster that is the Polish MegaCampaign, but also Hungary (which I see has just wrapped up) and Rus as well. And Im sure there's others. CK seems to lend itself to easily writing in such a style. Also I felt a bit funny voting for my competition in the narrative section, but he'll win anyways. :) As for gamplay I found it hard to find such a AAR, but I beleive I found one. Whether it qualifies remains to be seen.

Favourite Graphics, Overall: History of the White Eagle - Poland Megacampaign AAR

Last edited:
To be updated and ruthlessly changed....

EDIT: I think I'm done. Which means you can't bother me about it again unless there's a glaring mistake.

----------------

Favorite AAR, EU3: History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - by thrashing mad
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: The Final Crusade - A Knights AAR - by daemonofdecay
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: Zaporozhie: the Product of a Sich Mind - by Farquharson
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Strange Shores: An Aragonese AAR - by RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3:History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - by thrashing mad

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: War and Revelations- The Hebrew Uganda AAR - by likk9922
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Red Snow Over Moscow - by Simon - 1979
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1: Attack of the latvian mime! - by charlieart66
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1:„The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - A 1914 AAR - by Black Guardian
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1: Red Alert 2 - by kami888

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:The pAARiahs of Europe - Fighting for the Hussite faith - by TeeWee
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU2/1: The pAARiahs of Europe - Fighting for the Hussite faith - by TeeWee
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: Theodoros - The Little Principality That Could - by Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2/1: Osmania - an Ottoman Mania - by mhusoy
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2/1:How the legend of Prester John came true. An Abyssinian AAR - by badvoice

Favorite AAR, CK: A History of Byzantium - by VILenin
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: Les Journals D'Artois - by ComradeOM
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) - by phargle
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: Spain: the final frontier - by Fnuco
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Real Men do it Alphabetically - an AARgau - by anonymous4401

Favorite AAR, Victoria:The Forgotten Empire - by bsressler
Favorite Narrative AAR, Victoria: Cruelty Has A Human Heart - by LeonTrotsky
Favorite Comedy AAR, Victoria: none qualify
Favorite History-Book AAR, Victoria: "The Footsteps of Illustrious Men"- USA GC AAR - by EstonianZulu
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: Of the Outremer - a Jerusalem AAR - by Maximilliano

Favorite Graphics, Overall: What Began as a Dream, a NubiAAR GC - by CrackdToothGrin

Favorite New Writer, Overall: Dr. Gonzo for Bolivar's Legacy: An AAR of Gran Colombia

Last edited:
It's The Final Countdown ... (Last Editted 3 May) Now with unwanted unsolicited comments !

For the most part these should be my final votes ! Glad to have at least read a buttload of cool AARs and sampled a few more !

Favorite AAR, EU3: The lilies of France by Lord E (Although I can't stand my beloved Churchmen being portrayed as villainous it's such a cliché ... well Richileu was French anyway so I guess it fits XD )
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: Scotland: A Far Cry from Bannockburn by Eber (Braveheart level action with .. more heart ?)
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: Zaporozhie: the Product of a Sich Mind by Farquharson (This wonderful piece makes me sit back in my chair and guffaw !)
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: To Granada and Beyond: A Comprehensive History of Spain by wilcoxchar (Did I tell you that I like Spain ? Oh , I didn't ?... )
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Burgundy for Beginners (come pAARticipate with me!) by Ironhead 5 (Any AAR that allows me to use the MAGI Motif deserves a nod . That and the ability to roleplay is fun !)

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire by grayghost (Update more , dangit ! ... er I mean , Hooray for this wonderful piece !)
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Lamps Before the Wind - A Japanese Revival by Myth (It's obvious , Myth is Chuck Norris . I can't can't vote for him !)
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: For a Few ReincAARnations More - A Tibetan AAR by Le Ran (Support your Local Warlord !)

Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: College of CAARdinals: An interactive history of the Papal States by Llywelyn and other authors (collab) (I have a thing for the Pointy Hats ...)

Favorite AAR, EU1/EU2: In Memory of France by stnylan (There's something about the city of Madrid at night ... )
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/EU2: In Memory of France by stnylan (... or maybe it's the action packed intrigue character study !)

Favorite Graphics, Overall: History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 by thrashing mad (More Stimulating Talk Radio has nothing on this beautiful gem of an AAR ! Movies , Graphics , and ALL IN 3D !! ... well at least it is in my head =( )
Favorite New Writer, Overall: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire by grayghost (Update more da-- oh wait I said that already . Good luck !)

Last edited:
Awaiting revisions.

Favorite AAR, EU3 - Strange Shores: An Aragonese AAR; RossN
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?; canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 - The Deconquista: A Granada AAR; Dysken
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 - Strange Shores: An Aragonese AAR; RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR; Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 1 CK/part 2 EU3 (Used same graphics for both); thrashing mad
Favorite New Writer, Overall

Last edited:
Usual Disclaimer Here.

Favorite AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Unam Sanctam: A Papal States AAR by XhePablo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: For King and Country by Draco Rexus
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: For King and Country by Draco Rexus
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by El Pip
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: „The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - A 1914 AAR by Black Guardian

Favorite AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor by frogbeastegg
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor by frogbeastegg
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) by phargle
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK: Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) by phargle

Favorite AAR, Vicky: Victory or Death: A Serbian WWI AAR by Fiftypence
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky: Bolivar's Legacy: An AAR of Gran Colombia by Dr. Gonzo
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky: The Forgotten Empire by bsressler

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermerk
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2 Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States by Catknight
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2 Beyond Tannenberg II: The Knight's Tale by Catknight

Favorite New Writer, Overall: Dr. Gonzo for Bolivar's Legacy: An AAR of Gran Colombia

Okay, I'll start voting now and keep editing this post until voting is complete.

Favorite AAR, EU3 Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 Templaric Twits: Medeterainian Police by Secret Master
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 by thrashing mad
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 Katmandhu Can Do: A Nepal AAR by rcduggan
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 Lamps Before the Wind - A Japanese Revival by Myth
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 A Few Reincarnation's More: A Tibetan AAR by Le Ran
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 Olympians, We Stand Forever!: A Greek Doomsday AAR by Tribolute
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 Mare Nostrum: A HSR Doomsday Italy's AAR by Darkness2006

Favorite AAR, CK The Medieval Kiss AARmy: A Music AAR about nothing by Evil Santa
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 1 CK by thrashing mad
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) by phargle
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK History of Byzantium by VILenin
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK For The Pope (or not) by Miz

Favorite AAR, Vicky Castles in the Sky: A Colorado AAR by Rensslear
Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky Castles in the Sky: A Colorado AAR by Rensslear
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky Neutrality is Overrated: A Belgian WC AAR by Quirinus308

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 Beyond Tannenberg II: The Knight's Tale by Catknight
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2 Beyond Tannenberg II: The Knight's Tale by Catknight

Favorite Graphics, Overall CK History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 1 CK by thrashing mad
Favorite New Writer, Overall Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?; canonized

Last edited:
To be filled in over time, of course. :)

Favorite AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3: 40 Years On: Friedrich von Mansteins Brandenburg by coz1
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3: Templaric Twits: Meditterranean Police by Secret Master
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3: Strange Shores: An Aragonese AAR by RossN
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: Empire of Fu Mancu by the Yogi
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Empire of Fu Manchu by the Yogi
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1: The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - A 1914 AAR by

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:

Favorite AAR, CK: A Years Education - Russia Megacampaign pt I by RGB
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: College of CAARdinals: An interactive history of the Papal States by various authors
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: A Years Education - Russia Megacampaign pt I by RGB

Favorite AAR, Victoria:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria:

Favorite Graphics, Overall: History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign pt 1 by thrashingmad

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World, canonized
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World, canonized
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 - The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire, grayghost
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 - The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire, grayghost
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 - For a Few ReincAARnations More - A Tibetan AAR , Le Ran
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 - Dar al-Islam: The House of Submission, soonerborn0524

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2

Favorite Graphics, Overall - Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World, canonized
Favorite New Writer, Overall - The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire, grayghost

my reading's down from the last quarter, but I'll try to see if I can fill it out some more...

All right, no more eschieving the duty of voting: Here goes the placeholder, to encourage me to get back out there and READ. Let's see how many categories I can fill in.

Favorite AAR, EU3
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 The liles of France by Lord E
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 Templaric Twits, Mediterranean Police by Secret Master
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 40 Years On: Friedrich von Manstein's Brandenburg by coz1
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Renslaer

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2 Cat War, an alternate USA AAR by Amona
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2 Cat War, an alternate USA AAR by Amona
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2 Cat War, an alternate USA AAR by Amona
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2 1914-1924 'British interests; British honour; British obligations' by Allenby
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2 Kapitulieren? Niemals! by kami888

Favorite AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK

Favorite AAR, Vicky

Favorite AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU1/2 The Eagles of Avalon by Mettermrck

Favorite New Writer, Overall Damn, my first choice was not eligible!

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3 - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - thrashing mad
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - thrashing mad
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU3 - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - thrashing mad

Favorite AAR, EU2 - The Yellow Fever - Fnuco
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU2
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2 - Golden Horde - Scourge from the East - Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU2 - ARR:The Nippon/Japanese empire - Delex
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU2 - The Yellow Fever - Fnuco

Favorite Graphics, Overall - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - thrashing mad
Favorite New Writer, Overall - History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - thrashing mad

Last edited:
Favorite AAR, EU3:
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3:
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3:

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:

Favorite AAR, EU2/1:
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: T

Favorite AAR, CK:
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK:

Favorite AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: The World is Not Enough, a German WW1 AAR by Quirinus308

Favorite Graphics, Overall:

Favorite AAR, HOI1/2: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire, grayghost
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: For a Few ReincAARnations More - A Tibetan AAR , Le Ran
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor, frogbeastegg
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor, frogbeastegg
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales), phargle (*snicker* *chortle*. I could barely stop laughing to write in my votes, it's that funny)

Favorite AAR, Victoria:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Victoria: Neutrality is overrated, a Belgian WC AAR

Last edited:
Pretty good turnout so far. :)

With more thought, I realised I don't read enough outside HOI2 to actually cast a proper vote for the others (save for graphics).

----------------------------

Favorite AAR, HOI2/1: „The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - Black Guardian
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: Kathmandu Can Do (A Nepal AAR) - rcduggan
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1: For a Few ReincAARnations More - A Tibetan AAR - Le Ran
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: „The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - Black Guardian
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1: Red Alert 2 - kami888

Favorite Graphics, Overall: History of the White Eagle - Poland - Megacampaign AAR - part 2 EU3 - thrasing mad
Favorite New Writer, Overall: The Manchurian Candidate: Pu Yi's Attempt to Restore the Qing Empire - grayghost

Last edited:
Updating this as I read more AARs.

Favourite AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favourite Narrative AAR, EU3: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized
Favourite Comedy AAR, EU3: Zaporozhie: the Product of a Sich Mind by Farquharson
Favourite History-Book AAR, EU3: 40 Years On: Friedrich von Manstein's Brandenburg by coz1
Favourite Gameplay AAR, EU3: Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR by Rensslaer

Favourite AAR, HOI2/1: The Rise and Fall of Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian - a DD German AAR by dag231
Favourite Narrative AAR, HOI2/1: The Rise and Fall of Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian - a DD German AAR by dag231
Favourite Comedy AAR, HOI2/1:
Favourite History-Book AAR, HOI2/1: Olympians, we stand forever! A Greek Doomsday AAR by Tribolute
Favourite Gameplay AAR, HOI2/1:

Favourite AAR, EU2/1:
Favourite Narrative AAR, EU2/1:
Favourite Comedy AAR, EU2/1: Theodoros - The Little Principality That Could by Duke of Wellington
Favourite History-Book AAR, EU2/1:
Favourite Gameplay AAR, EU2/1:

Favourite AAR, CK:
Favourite Narrative AAR, CK:
Favourite Comedy AAR, CK:
Favourite History-Book AAR, CK:
Favourite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favourite AAR, Victoria:
Favourite Narrative AAR, Victoria:
Favourite Comedy AAR, Victoria:
Favourite History-Book AAR, Victoria:
Favourite Gameplay AAR, Victoria:

Favourite Graphics, Overall: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized

Favourite New Writer, Overall: Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World? by canonized

Last edited:
Since my reading time is limited, I don't have enough time to read even any of most AARs. I'll do the best I can, though.

But for HOI, Vicky, or EU, however, I don't read enough AARs to even bother with them.

Favorite AAR, EU3 Zaporozhie: The Product of a Sich Mind by Farquharson
Favorite Narrative AAR, EU3 Scotland: A Far Cry from Bannockburn by Eber
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU3 Zaporozhie: The Product of a Sich Mind by Farquharson
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU3 History of the White Eagle, Part 2 by thrashing mad

Favorite AAR, CK The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor by frogbeastegg
Favorite Narrative AAR, CK The Machiavellian Adventures of Princess Eleanor by frogbeastegg
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK Knut Knytling, Prince of Denmark by phargle
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK History of the White Eagle, Part 1 by thrashing mad
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau by anonymous4401*

I may add one or two in the other areas later on if I go back and read enough of them.
_________
*A very, very close second for comedy, as well.