• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(232840)

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 31, 2010
  • Pillars of Eternity
I have decided to make an AAR, I was inspired by Me, Floris. I am making an AAR with the 1257AD mod, it should prove interesting because of it's many Kingdoms ect.

Here are the first two chapters:

Chapter One, Epilogue and beginning of my Journey.

I was but a boy when the worst happened. My father went off to the Crusades when I was
young. I decided to go with him against my mothers judgment. We fought from Dorylaeum, to Jerusalem. Then my father died. We were returning on The Miranda, going back to our home in France. My father got into a fight with another man. In four days, I found him in his cabin with a dagger in his gut. His last words were sweet. "Go boy! save yourself! I always loved you and I always will, make something of yourself so that I may not die in foreign waters without my sweet bride or your sisters. Tell them of my passing. Beaseant my darling, you must. I must go now... To greet our Lord...."

His death tore me apart. I hid his body and tossed it off the ship. There would be no
abusing of his body from the sailors. I then sailed back to our home in France, Orleans.
I told my family of my fathers death and they blamed me in their grief, they deduced that I must have been the cause of his demise. I then fled to Dublin, where my uncle lived. But he was poor and I lived as an urchin for many a year. when I was twelve I was caught stealing bread from a baker. I fought the guards, incapacitating two of them, the last guard was about to run me through but there was a knight with the guards, and he stayed the man's weapon. He then took me in as a squire, because of the bravery and strength I showed in a fight. Then he was killed in a duel. I had another family with him. It tore me apart.I lived as a guard until I was 18, I was walking home when I was beset upon a bandit. I killed him only with a dagger. I then had blood on my hands. I had to leave.

I bought a ship and crew and set sail for Jerusalem, the city I had seen captured.
Strangely, I encountered no pirates on the duration of my trip. When I stopped in Athens, I heard of a war between France and England. Oh how I wept for how many of my friends would be killed. I then disembarked at Acre and then arrived in Jerusalem.

-:Stats:-
mb1u.jpg

Starting Choices:
Heritage: Veteran Warrior
Childhood: Street Urchin
Later Life: Squire
Reason For Setting Out: Personal Revenge (you see, he did have to leave because he killed a man, but he could have defended himself with the fact of self defense, he really left for revenge, for killing his father, and ruining his life)

Chapter Two, Insane guild masters and unseen Tournament Glory

When I arrived in Jerusalem I noticed two things, the first being there a tournament in town, the latter being a battle raging close to the city. I tried to help fight, but the
fray was too intense for me to interfere. So I went back to the city and entered the
tournament. I was doing pretty well until I was beaten thoroughly by Bohemund VI in the second round.

After that, I hired some men to help me along my trip. They seemed like good men, one was from France. I spent most of the day after that looking through the city. I saw The Dome of The Rock and The church of the Holy Sepulcher. I discovered that the Lord of the city was now owned by Thomas Berard, the Grandmaster of the Templar Order. I had heard of that order, maybe my fate will lead me there...

I rented a tavern and spent the night. In the morning I went to the guild master to ask for a job. He told what a good place the town was et cetera, then he said that he needed someone to take some cattle to Vigor. I stared at him as if it was a joke. Vigor was in Denmark!
Obviously he wasn't joking, so I went back to wait until the end of the feast, to see Berard...

-:Stats:-
mb2a.jpg

GOT NEW HAT! OMG!!!!

Good to see new AAR´s started for M&B, keep on updating! :)

Chapter 3: Polish Bandits, Meh...

Dear Diary,

I found Berard in the keep after the feast. He didn't seem very pleased with me... I must impress him. I asked if he had any tasks for me. He obliged and told me to collect the taxes in Jerusalem. Not the best job but I took it.
mb3qj.jpg

It took a long time but I collected the taxes, I then went to the keep to see Berard. He wasn't there. Puzzled I looked around for a while and found Phillip De Montfort in his bedroom. That was a bit suspicious but I asked him where Berard was and he told me he was close to Baalbec at the moment.
mb4n.jpg

I wandered about facing a band of looters or two. But I did not find Berard at Baalbec. I went further North and found him at Krak De Chevalier with the Master of The Teutonic Order. What conspiracies are playing beyond my eyes? Leaders of two great Religious Orders meeting, and Phillip De Montfort in Berard's bedroom? Well anyways, he was pleased with my success and gave me my cut.
mb5q.jpg

Then he sent me on a head hunting mission. Really? I would think that a Templar would be above getting people to deal with trouble makers for them. I accepted though and headed for Alleppo.
mb6k.jpg

I managed to hunt him down to behind a building, like a cornered dog he beset me, scratching and clawing before I had my wits. Before I knew it I was down. Berard would not be pleased. I went back to the castle he was staying at and gave him the news. He wasn't pleased, not at all....
mb7y.jpg

I sulked my way back to Jerusalem to think of what to do next. I decided to take a trip to Antioch to hopefully make something of myself. I went to the guild master to ask for a job. He said he had a friend who's daughter was captured by bandits. Of course I obliged. before I realized that Wielen was in Poland...
mb8t.jpg

I went to the bandits after many deliberations including my running out of food near Belgrade, and several bandits. Eventually I found the said kidnappers near Wielen and gave them the ransom money took the girl, and headed off. But I wanted that money, and I ran back to them, they asked what I wanted. "one more piece of business sirs, I will be taking that money back!" Not the greatest Idea. They glared at me angrily and we readied for battle.

I set my men to form a block formation, had I known the bandits had horses, I would have put more ranks. They crashed into our lines spilling blood with their lances. I took one of them by the throat with my sword and reined up onto his horse. Riding with my sword blazing like a maniac I killed many of their men but I took an arrow to the head and my men lost hope of victory, they were quickly cut down.
mb9r.jpg

mb10i.jpg

mb11n.jpg

I ran stricken back to Antioch, I tried to tell the guild master what happened but he would not hear bad news. So here I am in Antioch. Relaying my story.

-=Stats=-
No difference in stats so here are some pictures from the tavern in Antioch.
mb12d.jpg

mb13z.jpg

Eh sorry for the delay, homework took longer than anticipated.