• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
A repository of AARs of the Elder Kings modification, if you have one to add to the list don't be shy :)

The King of Orsinium, An Elder Kings AAR by KolyFrog
A Tale of a Dragonborn: House of Asterales by BaronIronmaggot
Divine Intervention - Elder Kings Succession Game by Various

0.1.5 DevBuild
Arumba Plays the DevBuild

For Skyrim! by KaiserWilhelmI
Order and Chaos: A Kvatch Elder Kings AAR by OAM
Follow the Green Emperor Way by Mich333
Orsinium and its King by KolyFrog
Rise of the Nerevarine by Henry v. Keiper

Pre-0.1.4
The Rise of Cyraliin by Darth Cheesecak
Dragonblood: An Elder Kings AAR by Abnwtwtud

Last edited:
Rather common trend of Cyrodiil-based AARs. Are the other regions developed enough for AARs or it is just a popularity thing?

In the currently released versions most places are about as developed as any others to be honest, so I'm assuming it's just a popularity thing. Based on a survey of most popular first time start locations, Cyrodiil came out far ahead of anyone else.

Code:
Out of 124 Respondents

Cyrodiil ~ 30 | 24%
Skyrim ~ 25 | 20%
High Rock (including Orsinium) ~ 18 | 15%
Argonia ~ 11 | 9%
Morrowind ~ 11 | 9%
Akavir, Yokuda & Pyandonea ~ 9 | 7%
Valenwood ~ 7 | 6%
Summerset ~ 6 | 5%
Elsweyr ~ 4 | 3%
Hammerfell ~ 3 | 2%

This pattern pretty much follows most other surveys and polls of "most popular race" that I've seen around the net.

Makes sense I suppose considering that its easiest to expand in and has a greater hooked being traditionally catholic style game play and also quite a few warlords lying around to expand quickly.

Guess you can't complain unless you're willing to make one yourself. Make what you can't find I suppose.

Rather common trend of Cyrodiil-based AARs. Are the other regions developed enough for AARs or it is just a popularity thing?

Cyrodiil in general and the Colovian Estates in particular have great options for fast expansion once you've got your own lands in order.

I'm partial to the Colovian Estates because they actually hold enough territory to form two kingdoms at start, once you've got the nobility beaten down not much can stop you.

Agreed - colovian estates is really fun, especially starting as a one county count and then faction/plotting/assinating your way to duke and then king while expanding with small foreign wars. I think a good traitorous vassal stage of the game makes for an entertaining start and adds variety. High Rock doesn't work well for this (too broken up and easy to plot your way too the top), and I'm a bit tired of skyrim after elder scrolls 5.

Also, cyrodiil affords the most contact with the most different races and cultures at the beginning, when you are still on the way to the top and it is more of a challenge. Adds variety.

I enjoyed playing as the Nerevarine cult, Ashlander Urkhan (count) of the Ashlands in Vvardenfell and rising up against the Tribunal and forming the kingdom of Vvardenfell and then conquering Solstheim and the rest of Morrowind.

I enjoyed playing as the Nerevarine cult, Ashlander Urkhan (count) of the Ashlands in Vvardenfell and rising up against the Tribunal and forming the kingdom of Vvardenfell and then conquering Solstheim and the rest of Morrowind.
Solstheim belongs to the nords!

Solstheim belongs to the nords!

You're obviously wrong - The Argonians need the hot mineral springs to keep their skin smooth and nice.

You're obviously wrong - The Argonians need the hot mineral springs to keep their skin smooth and nice.
Yep, they have to take good care of their skins before I can make boots out of them.

:eek: I can't believe I've not come into this section of the paradox forums before and seen that there's a good deal of activity for the mod. I very much thank whoever added my AAR to the list :) I'd also like to add there's another freshly started one in the other section as Orsimar, so that should spice up the variety a bit :) Personally, I've always been a very big Imperial fanboy, as popular an option as that is, so that's why I've picked to play there, though as I'm currently doing a playthrough of Skyrim that was an option too. I think all the provinces have something interesting to offer though, and maybe after I'm done with this game I would start a new game elsewhere. TBH, EK interests me a lot more that RoI does, to the point that I've not even bought the expansion yet, heh.

:eek: I can't believe I've not come into this section of the paradox forums before and seen that there's a good deal of activity for the mod. I very much thank whoever added my AAR to the list :) I'd also like to add there's another freshly started one in the other section as Orsimar, so that should spice up the variety a bit :) Personally, I've always been a very big Imperial fanboy, as popular an option as that is, so that's why I've picked to play there, though as I'm currently doing a playthrough of Skyrim that was an option too. I think all the provinces have something interesting to offer though, and maybe after I'm done with this game I would start a new game elsewhere. TBH, EK interests me a lot more that RoI does, to the point that I've not even bought the expansion yet, heh.

Added the Orsinium one to the list, thanks for the heads up :)