• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13)

Banned
Jan 12, 2000
Visit site
OK, here's the next installment.

After the previous wars I decided to max out spending on military matters and get a higher tech lvl so I can assault fortresses. This had to wait till around 1500. I began gathering my forces. Previous to that my forces were pathetic compared to the Teutonic order, or Sweden. I had to wait.

In 1503 everything exploded around the eastern side of the Baltic coast. Denmark, one of my allies decided to invade the Teutonic order. (I am in an alliance with Denmark & Bohemia). Denmark invaded with a massive force the area of Ingermanland, taking it quickly, however not without shedding alot of blood. During this time I decided to invade PSKOV one more time which I did in 1503, as Denmark was invading the teutons. I captured PSKOV quite easily this time and began moving my forces to help Denmark, to take a few provinces myself. In 1503 just before i attacked full scale PSKOV accepted annexation on June 10th 1503, it would help me greatly in the next few years.

In May of that year, i formally declared war on the Teutonic order. The fighting was incredibly bloody, neither side accepting defeat at any time. Probably fought a total of 15-20 land battles + several sieges. The Teutonic order was incredibly hard to crack, and i thought about making peace with them at the expense of bribing them etc, as they were really holding their own.. however they were in the end overrun by both me and Denmark. One by one from 1503-1506 I slowly took Polotsk, Livonia and other Teutonic possessions, whilst Denmark ceased fighting in the war occupying Ingermanland. I continually asked the Teutons for peace, but they refused as I wanted all captured provinces of theirs to be mine.
Finally in 1506 I invaded East Prussia, their last stronghold, here I was strongly challenged, for the first time since about 1505 and lost 2 battles, my forces were dead tired fighting endlessly.. I then asked for peace which they finally accepted.

I recieved Estonia, Livonia, Polotsk from them, though I also took Kurkland, I did not demand it in the negotiations and it reverted back to them. All in all this took about 2 hours. A hell of a game, but I'm still not finished :)

Soon enough I'll gather enough forces to completley annex those Germans! :)

Sapura