• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Install some remote control software on phone, get friend/family to do same on PC, control PC from phone, get annoyed by phone, throw phone out of window ...

Dude the fact they allow us to have smartphones is here is the only thing keeping many of us sane!Cause most of the time we are abandoned in a corner and told not to wonder around...They don't have anything to do with us right now!

Also we are running out of toilet paper...the apocalypse is here!!

Since starting an Italian campaign of my own, I decided to look up a few Italian AARs....this one is certainly different. Looking forward to whenever you get back to it, although my campaign will probably be ancient history by then.

My last campaign was with Hungary, which went quite well (despite having only half the Leadership and IC of Italy), occupying or annexing ALL of the Balkan peninsula (except for those with Italian cores),controlling the eastern side of the Suez Canal (Italy controlled the west side), and managing to drive an independent advance corridor all the way to the outskirts of Stalingrad and throughout most of the Caucasus region before Germany collapsed. That collapse happened mainly because GER burned off FAR too much manpower through attrition while fielding considerably more than a hundred heavy armor and motorized brigades in the mountains of central Norway, fed through a small port into horrendous infrastructure, and consequently their offensive in the Soviet Union ground to a halt due to lack of replacement troops only 2 provinces short of Moscow. That in turn left the long northern flank of my own advance unprotected. At that point, I had no choice but to withdraw, and offer some token defense across the entire front (Germany's and mine) with my meager 20 divisions at the various river lines along the way, to slow the Soviet advance. I quit the campaign as lost when Soviet troops entered Germany proper, rather than fight it out to the bitter end, even though my own territory was still intact.

After working with that campaign's scarcities, running Italy is almost a luxury, except for the spectacularly bad Commander skills and the top-heavy and convoluted plate of spaghetti that passes for an organizational structure...but I'm working on those. On the other hand, Hungary doesn't have to spend research and IC on a competitive navy. In this campaign I WILL DEFINITELY send a transport ship or two to some German port on their northern coastline BEFORE entering the war on the Axis side, just so I can later land a division or two of infantry in the south of Norway and take the capital to save Germany's army from starvation. You would need to secure Gibraltar to do that now in your campaign, since the strait is presently closed to your ships. Note that taking the British Isles can be a cakewalk, if you use your war fleets to block the Channel temporarily on both sides of your transport fleet, and use land-based air to contest the skies over the Channel until your transports offload.

Glad to see more people enjoying Italy...it's definitely a fun campaign..

And yes the British isles can be easy to take against an AI ....but where's the fun in that :)

Reactions:
Since starting an Italian campaign of my own, I decided to look up a few Italian AARs....this one is certainly different. Looking forward to whenever you get back to it, although my campaign will probably be ancient history by then.

My last campaign was with Hungary, which went quite well (despite having only half the Leadership and IC of Italy), occupying or annexing ALL of the Balkan peninsula (except for those with Italian cores),controlling the eastern side of the Suez Canal (Italy controlled the west side), and managing to drive an independent advance corridor all the way to the outskirts of Stalingrad and throughout most of the Caucasus region before Germany collapsed. That collapse happened mainly because GER burned off FAR too much manpower through attrition while fielding considerably more than a hundred heavy armor and motorized brigades in the mountains of central Norway, fed through a small port into horrendous infrastructure, and consequently their offensive in the Soviet Union ground to a halt due to lack of replacement troops only 2 provinces short of Moscow. That in turn left the long northern flank of my own advance unprotected. At that point, I had no choice but to withdraw, and offer some token defense across the entire front (Germany's and mine) with my meager 20 divisions at the various river lines along the way, to slow the Soviet advance. I quit the campaign as lost when Soviet troops entered Germany proper, rather than fight it out to the bitter end, even though my own territory was still intact.

After working with that campaign's scarcities, running Italy is almost a luxury, except for the spectacularly bad Commander skills and the top-heavy and convoluted plate of spaghetti that passes for an organizational structure...but I'm working on those. On the other hand, Hungary doesn't have to spend research and IC on a competitive navy. In this campaign I WILL DEFINITELY send a transport ship or two to some German port on their northern coastline BEFORE entering the war on the Axis side, just so I can later land a division or two of infantry in the south of Norway and take the capital to save Germany's army from starvation. You would need to secure Gibraltar to do that now in your campaign, since the strait is presently closed to your ships. Note that taking the British Isles can be a cakewalk, if you use your war fleets to block the Channel temporarily on both sides of your transport fleet, and use land-based air to contest the skies over the Channel until your transports offload.
If you've got the neutrality low enough, it may help Germany to declare war on Sweden (maybe with a puppet wargoal for yourself). Historically Germany had access to transit troops and supplies through Sweden which I don't think vanilla models unless the AI lucks out in their random walks of diplomacy. If Sweden can be puppeted or annexed, that opens a "land route" across the strait at, I want to say...Malmo? Germany can use that to supply their troops in Norway if they run out of supplies or convoys.

Otherwise, it's probably smart to save the game when Germany DoWs Norway and reload from that point a couple of times...it may be considered cheating to save scum like that, but it's a lot less fun IMO when the game is basically over because the AI can't understand why putting 100 brigades in Norway is a Bad Idea™.

The month started quietly with the 37th Battle of Bur Sa’id

This wonderful line sums up HOI3 beautifully - a genuine LOL moment.

“Well Germany appears to have declared war on Belgium”

“....Excuse me? “

- TBH that is probably how Il Duce was informed in reality.

Well what a wonderful AAR - punchy, at a good pace, and liberally doused in sarcasm. Sign me up, this is a real gem of an AAR.

Well what a wonderful AAR - punchy, at a good pace, and liberally doused in sarcasm. Sign me up, this is a real gem of an

Welcome aboard kind sir and thank you for the kind words!

And do please get comfortable...this aar will take a long time to continue unfortunately due to me being stuck inside a military base executing the order "Turn around in style" for the 37th time in as many minutes :p

Welcome aboard kind sir and thank you for the kind words!

And do please get comfortable...this aar will take a long time to continue unfortunately due to me being stuck inside a military base executing the order "Turn around in style" for the 37th time in as many minutes :p

Queueing up the Back In My Day comments about how my era of Army was far more badass than current Namby-Pamby training... :rolleyes::D

Queueing up the Back In My Day comments about how my era of Army was far more badass than current Namby-Pamby training... :rolleyes::D
Don’t get me started! :D:D

Considering the people who are doing as the training are all over 60 the training is propably the same as back in your days :D

But no seriously things are tough my base is in full quarantine so our officers are stuck here with us and venting their frustration and boredom to the soldiers.

To the soldiers or at the soldiers? :D

Considering the people who are doing as the training are all over 60 the training is propably the same as back in your days :D

But no seriously things are tough my base is in full quarantine so our officers are stuck here with us and venting their frustration and boredom to the soldiers.

Some things never change. Good luck to you.

Venting to the soldiers implies a failure of discipline as, in the inestimable words of Captain Miller... Gripes go up, not down.

Venting at the soldiers implies they're smoking joes because they're frustrated.

Venting to the soldiers implies a failure of discipline as, in the inestimable words of Captain Miller... Gripes go up, not down.

Venting at the soldiers implies they're smoking joes because they're frustrated.
Very well put. As the old officer’s saying goes, you know you really need to start worrying when the soldiers stop griping. And venting to them only decreases morale and undermines one’s own authority.

You just need to support the more stupid edicts and directions in such a way as to let the soldiers see you’re doing it out of duty and to honour the chain of command, then intercede above as much as you can. A fine line though, and not always easy or even possible.

A Wehraboo leading Italy with a Italian stereotype of a god forcing him to do it? The jokes write themselves. I really should check this forum more often since I'm loving this!

I have nominated this AAR for this week's "AAR showcase". Congrats @Farsky!

Venting at the soldiers implies they're smoking joes because they're frustrated

It was deffinetly the second one .. thought there was and still exist a major and complete breakdown in discipline but that came about for a different reason that I will talk about that later in time.

A Wehraboo leading Italy with a Italian stereotype of a god forcing him to do it? The jokes write themselves. I really should check this forum more often since I'm loving this

Welcome Welcome!

I would like to think that I write the jokes but I might have been tricked ! :)

I have nominated this AAR for this week's "AAR showcase". Congrats @Farsky!

Ummm....not sure how much I deserve it considering I haven't posted in MULTIPLE weeks..but thank you very much! ..

And I have no idea how that works or what i should do now! :D Thanks for the anxiety! :p

I gotta say, reading this the second time was at least as funny as the first time. Here's hoping that you can return to it soon, and that your life in the Army is at the very least tolerable.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sometimes I think that hat is wiser than we give him credit for...

I look forwards to the resumption of this AAR, I want to see Italian superheavy armour leading the charge into the Soviet Union one day!

Reactions: