• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Clearly, the only appropriate name -- to replace that odd "2nd SH BB" (??) -- is "RM INVICTA"

I´d call it "Roma Victrix" or something like that, maybe "Scipio Africanus".... btw, are you building some NavBombers??

“I just asked for an Italian Tiger...not even a King Tiger just a normal Tiger...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???”
Given that the OTL Tigers weren't even rolling off the lines until about 3 years from now, and you're playing as the glorious nation of Italy instead of those panzer-obsessed bratwurst-munching Krauts...yes, maybe it is. :p

As the Panzers quickly arrived at the gates of Warsaw some good news arrived. The 2 small baby battleships were finally ready
"Baby" battleships, finally, something the Italians and British can agree on, albeit for quite different reasons entirely...

Now all that was left was to decide on a good name…
Meanwhile, I'm still wondering what in the world ever happened to "1st SH BB"? Was there some top-secret, abortive project we know nothing of? Is this all an elaborate, pasta-fueled cover-up? :eek:

Oh no! It grew hands.:eek:

Baby battleships are cute:), multi-turreted tanks are not so cute.:eek:

Thank Rommel you've gotten a wunderschiff built at least. That should distract you somewhat.

For a name, how about "Spaghetti Bismarck" :rolleyes:

Things are going quite badly downhill aren't they? PASTA mutating into a handed abomination, the heavy tanks becoming mutated multi-turret abominations. There is a pattern emerging.

Has anyone checked the new battleship? Has it's Pugliese torpedo defence developed legs? Are there additional guns sprouting out of the side of the turret? Basically should it be called the RM Abdominal Mutant just to save time?

I´d call it "Roma Victrix" or something like that, maybe "Scipio Africanus".... btw, are you building some NavBombers??

If i was doing a serious Italian playthrought i would definetly have name it Scipio Africanus...considering what this is thought :p... as for naval bombers...what is that?does it have big guns?

For a name, how about "Spaghetti Bismarck"

Wish i had thought of that honestly but i think Emperor Tiger won the popular vote

Has anyone checked the new battleship? Has it's Pugliese torpedo defence developed legs? Are there additional guns sprouting out of the side of the turret? Basically should it be called the RM Abdominal Mutant just to save time?

No legs or extra guns spotted sir! Thought the absorving cylinders were found full of something that looked suspiciously like pasta... not sure how effective that is..

Ok so I have a gameplay question for you all.As you propably know after gemrnay takes out Poland and Denmark there is usually a lull of sorts.Now for both story telling purposes and because I want to fight FFS! I plan to join Gemrnay on its war.

Now the question...how do I do that without fucking up everything?I don't want to drag Japan in the war so declaring total war on feance or UK is out..I tried to declare limited war on France for Nice and that seemed to work BUT I don't know what happens later with the fall of France and all...anyone can enlighten me?Cause I don't want the aar to be ruined 5 years in

just use console... Peace conference and Territorial claims are just messed up in HoI3

You could try and provide some help to the Germans in dealing with Norway (their normal stumbling block to a historical progression) and join the war that way.

Another way would be to perform (via console commands) an ai pause on yourself and GER, tag switch to GER, give yourself a call to arms (thus avoiding the total war dragging of Japan) and switch back, save and exit so that the game doesn't try realigning your forces or anything.

SO after this updates the updates will be broken into 2 parts in order to preserve my sanity.One part will be the naval war and one the land war...THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE since i am still trying out stuff here.Any feedback as always is very welcome.
Also some pictures from the mobilazation and the call to war were lost but oh well..
Enjoy
=====================================================

Start of the Senond World War and a bit of planning

tv73d52ySn5kG7oNxCbqUbcL8RJBARc5MSume5TuRlGoeyqgjDqS0t10BlpqE9NDXxsPIQalE4ESMi6TdPx8CA3aHRh7KBFRIUwCIv0Mh9sfqeyO_OWX3ZZB-kk4HVpLnPQyBf8E

With Denmark falling Germany called us into the war. The diplomats they sent were quite suprised since they came carrying lofty promises for territorial gains..and we aggred without listening to any of that.

I just wished to bring GLORY to the Werchmacht

Now the country needed to be mobilized.

It's our time to support germany NOW!!

MZjp_tO1EcD5Vsdu9u8bdyN-zEE25Z8d_XB5zV5Pt-kSNfgBEq941oeN6szw6gdsfEYCLb4RG6WOxdCdnkBJe_l8GB5EvjE1hEtX59QCA25APUjE-7jLDtKy_Djdm2T-daIzas9y

Naval Strategy

At the start of the war i had 2 tasks for my navy.The 1st fleet was sent north in order to assist the French front where i had set in motion a brilliant plan taking insipation from the glorious Werchmacht.

The Home Fleet ,having the proud Emperor Tiger in its ranks, and the 2nd Fleet with a total of 5 battleships had the task of getting naval supperiotiry at the Narrow straits,the sea of Malta and the surounded areas in order to maintain a clar path for the Africa Corp when they arrived.

These 2 fleet would also have the support of 2 Interceptor wings and 3 Naval Bomber wings

Submarines were also placed in the aproaches to raid convoys and to serve as an early tripwire...since they were fucking useless anyway...

God what i would not give for some German U-boats!!

WRdot5_wu3lvz_FJSIglXkpWEbtJy8YbyQfFCLVf-dfNQW-KTMTpoyq7CbU1iNCfkPfIGUcB0-pELBnh_i5AqbbP_5DM9yRGcj9pqt4EIwuehYZXMswowi7JsC9r8Czk3DNJkExt

Army Strategy

For the Army we had 4 major Fronts:The French Alps front,the Tunisian front,the Egyptian front and the Ethiopain front.

For the Alps i decided to break throught Nice with the support of the the 1st Fleet and,using my light tank forces, suround the mountains.

1F5UdrP48bsRGAuUj_hkUHLg2j34JgbSzmcDieWCNaKWydwqJdPhlbaXrgxUxbRlzZuW-VL5mn7e5GZLkBIPW5qf7h2vu5CoGxgY4TGYh3Av8LP5uwENBUu0iLloki5Xo5K0MtnV

Some would say an overambicious plan.

Those people have not studied the german Panzers as much as ihave from reliable sources like german generals memoirs !!

Surounding movements always work against the French!!

On the Tunisian Front the 3 division of the 2nd Waiting for Rommel Corp were ordered forward to distract the French if possible.

And hey if they managed to captured Tunis as well even better.

OuLif7uF0eiv0X5Fyd_07wdrwbTZQOfu6smiiX6sNmaY-0Xn9zqHce5EuzRiRxBtPVybt0RpEsuJlPxURtHCV1ApA0L1oQugPjvfJd8_GJ_I4YpN-X2dt7yr3dNH4PBj9ATgKKAA

But it was the Egyptian fron were the most thought was put.The plan was a devious one.The 4 divisions stationed there would rush forward without air or naval support.

EUpQAGYPtPViOVUWLecosNUL2dVFCdO6Z0nBESzIKWhtBOBI6FqcBa1eMAmlYafgfve3MGbXZ_GEPMXsNTaj0nlsn6GxgO2wHZeYYPeq6LYN-TMQRZtxZLnWQdNPLz01WyhJ2EmA

Reaching around Mersa Matruh they would surely be stopped and driven all the way back by the British!

And then Rommel would save the day again!

It would be glorious!!!

"Hey boss are you sure its a good idea to make a plan to lose and expect rescue?"

"Shut up PASTA!!You are insulting the ability of our lord and saviour Rommel! And STOP GESTURING ALL THE TIME!!"

In the Ethiopian Front meanwhile the plan was simple.Attack Djibouti and clear out the french there and then hold for as long as possible to delay the Brits.

The battles there started immediately.

54oIejwa7JFL4fVbmbuYSjs-a00jrJwVV2Zxkq_Jy36X8k6jBcTSHR1rOr-OVnJGcUy8LthQl-VnrmNO3WgvqUH0_m0xPR8TFlAQrl1Yk5OQxtK0gk6MVdyCWuceV__d64A7ZSBz

Italy was finally AT WAR!

====================================================
Started this update planning to make both the planning phase and the first month of the war...the best laid plans haaaa...
Gonna work on the next update now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Good idea to do a thematic break up for the eps. One thing with the screenshots that support them: sometimes you may want to pan in further or crop shots a bit, rather than limiting yourself to the whole screen shot. But if you’d rather not bother with that, no worries.

Looking forward to seeing how the war goes with your imitation (lite) wannabe German kit! :D

Good idea to do a thematic break up for the eps. One thing with the screenshots that support them: sometimes you may want to pan in further or crop shots a bit, rather than limiting yourself to the whole screen shot. But if you’d rather not bother with that, no worries.

Looking forward to seeing how the war goes with your imitation (lite) wannabe German kit! :D

I am trying to find a way to do that without to much trouble right now...unfortunatly my sreenshots tools dont work on HOI3 so i have to work with steam screenshot...it annoys me immensly that fact that i cant crop specific parts all well..have some idea and will work on them next update

I am trying to find a way to do that without to much trouble right now...unfortunatly my sreenshots tools dont work on HOI3 so i have to work with steam screenshot...it annoys me immensly that fact that i cant crop specific parts all well..have some idea and will work on them next update
So the in-game F11 screenshot key isn’t working?

If you want to be basic, you can just use ms paint. Simple and free. PowerPoint or some other image editor if you want to get fancy. Basically that’s all I use for mine.

Reactions:
SO after this updates the updates will be broken into 2 parts in order to preserve my sanity.
Sanity? In an Italian AAR? Preposterous nonsense, I say! :p

Also some pictures from the mobilazation and the call to war were lost but oh well..
It's a useful experience for a budding authAAR...most new writers try to screencap everything and show everything in their images, but the readAARs will usually not notice if you miss some popups or notifications as long as the overall narrative makes sense and the writing is enjoyable. Which it is here, so far. :D

With Denmark falling Germany called us into the war. The diplomats they sent were quite suprised since they came carrying lofty promises for territorial gains..and we aggred without listening to any of that.
Very smart. It is not as if Italy can expect to actually gain any territory in a war, anyways.

Those people have not studied the german Panzers as much as ihave from reliable sources like german generals memoirs !!
Yes, yes, very reliable, not biased at all.

Reaching around Mersa Matruh they would surely be stopped and driven all the way back by the British!

And then Rommel would save the day again!

It would be glorious!!!

"Hey boss are you sure its a good idea to make a plan to lose and expect rescue?"

"Shut up PASTA!!You are insulting the ability of our lord and saviour Rommel! And STOP GESTURING ALL THE TIME!!"
:p

So Djibuti is defended by two French elite mot divisions?
Those aren't motorised. They're elite mountaineers: The famed "Chasseurs Alpins".

NAVAL BATTLES:WHEN THE BIG BOOM-BOOMS SPEAK

Three days after the war had begun a convoy of british transports was spotted by aircraft outside of Sicily. The Home fleet stationed in Palermo sorted and intercepted the convoy with Naval bomber support.

As I was watching the battle from above I watched the Emperor Tiger open fire in anger for the first time.

Her 20 18 inch guns might not have HIT anything but hey it's the message that counts!

KuSUgE5hEKaGgSg4gq7cPoobQ_iMv61BFqYptIcYw9H75ITCZkjXKNvf6geDyTGNgHPGVVoRAkixYcT5Fchfx-1ICu_xFzHJYD1__Pe3OxfgjfK9VRJQ0pApHQ8VlEywLdUQ-202

The 2nd Fleet sortied from Napoli in support to hunt down the last survivors of the convoy.

Unfortunately they met the major Royal Navy forced outside Tunis.

“God dammit YOU RUST BUCKETS!!Get out of there before you sink yourself….wait the Brits are retreating?”

suOWGsJt2FPEIRKARAR5ALOvyxaVyn_P6j0v5kcLcnqGmnXSzFk1kbcsWOxcSEAml99GsCEPQbNMAebozD8Fobb-nfkzee7FfgfGCOuSp1aqmZORJ3OqL6kEn45TER4vD5gRIark

The enemy retreated in The Narrows,the seas between Sicily and Tunis after only getting in contact with the cruiser screen of the 2nd Fleet.

But in the Narrow a different titanic battle was taking place,as the home fleet had met a British fleet comprised of a battleship and 3 battlecruisers.

CpE4YF-TiGBKErqJo8rZEZTFAxIkj0c4Fiuy5tm4PL2CLlOqeN9f6HrrdiYgkfmGjK5wC0r_fLJdX2uzrpwT0yit2ItK5ZlWQix3VsX0N9qF8UIWesxlKYYtraFy2tizsyRy8RVt

The second fleet joined the fray soon after but more British forces also arrived

OqVNwmwmXH0q98Jt46MkXA-LhYcUECnVaG3S2lFEkRFPWYQxPoZe_1IeBEBDYViyDpLn9GfPcEJp1BykedD13SEhb2oNOcpHtg6Byn_4bUc68g-vWxhIKbOxBKsFak0rG0Bwbh9J

“PASTA!!SENT THE PATROL GROUPS!!SENT THE SUBMARINES!!SENT EVERYTHING!!”

“Shouldn't we also sent the planes”

“Sure sent the scrap metal as well!!”

At last with everything thrown into the fire...Victory was ours!!

8G76lJr3aLG62ne1URYGJU2efgpezsPNhMdX8kjZdJ4Y5JaEQNfDHwJItKLYl8-klquTX8N4h69fqPSmyI6Y55twcq1nqmMueNddyaWfYu3pI1-k_ubl40PrhutYd1LXkYuDSvd4

3 Battleships and 1 Battlecruiser sunk!Plus a heavy cruiser and some baby ships that don't really matter!

Glorious victory!!

“Hunt them down now!!Leave the damaged ships behind and hunt them down!”

“Hmm seems like they are bringing reinforcements boss...and oh look aircraft carriers!”

“What??Shit shit shit please don't have swordfish planes in there!!You meatballs over there take your planes and cover my baby Super Battleship!!”

“All ships fall back!!Fall Back!!”

C_nRfKcvr4TUkFH39LN3DHxABTGAn6cEtzXzTqBEITaLEbRTu4wjz37yXUIhy8Xi9WEMPCMULmY5kJGFGKQVsCJ_XOX4ccS_5F24zoykNvSB0g3UCFF1WQ7YfV0ah2TtAzmLdo5V

With the ships safely in Sardinia's harbor I could breathe a sigh of relief..a lot of ships were damaged but the overall result was pretty good.

a4XDiMpEUQ3dLtoVWb8Vc5EJQtGL9qPKFBxJYaPOrkEMHybSne_l-cYZ4i8TL-vSeYw_xNSfOBxgcbu9ntxFm71JESAmDbA7xTN-w9rWlhnzA2SVQ_MNy8JGWcDAel48Z0nYM-5G

Unfortunately just as I was relaxing from the fights in the central med a different fight was breaking out.

The French desperate due to the land situation needed to remove the the 1st Fleet from its position outside Nice.

The battle was soon joined.

3MES9I7KmA2xXCDHkXVZtaDyAc1zClGX43ubeJiVh52l6DFJM6wvchbmkFMytCA3MqYiqbX51yGQkqvA7GQhH-sCtWABFu-wcY9sQilHmuMNQQHrru7mSxGHlaGoFO0ArmJhh3Dm

The fleet admiral,being Italian and all retreated into Genoa harbor after sinking a heavy cruiser

I was immediately calling him on the radio.

“GET YOUR SHIPS OUT THERE AND FIGHT!I don't care if you lose every single scapbacket but if you allow a single enemy ship to fire on my tanks your ass is fish and chips!!”

Thankfully the French did not engage again until much later and by then it was too late.

And hey we even sank an extra battleship in the deal!

_ZsT60XLbI_V7C3v3__WzK9w5Q0pCkVc8C0C1EUyxIBckPr81LYHsLK13WCfmCBoKmzpVJqYY3U_rWhYWHMsX2EF-9WjVXwl-8-VpPhdtkGQG1U69x3gtAmmI5HZ5bkqdwmnFnet

Ofc afterwards we had to retreat back into harbor due to damage to our screens but hey details!!!

And in a daring maneuver that had me biting my Iron Cross replica the fleet with my little Emperor Tiger that was stuck in Sardinia was moved back to Palermo,thankfully without incident.

-4Ht3Dk8M1nO5tVAZT1QyUxY3MNS83cfCumKd4XmXteRih0eThWCi0gQQPMASTi5rtOFr0wta6Amnd7aXagMYQvfrImBbd4OF5M88MiTEq103PQfSY5FECewb1ShxujfHmM7GJ8f

At the end of the month the status of the 3 main fleets and more importantly the kill list of the Emperor tiger was as follows…

Bfx8D7oTmkGhgrthrgPWuvNEjxJTXBqRCfqEzA9my7oe2-hBr47BGUerfAtoSEgAwgVfQFxpNU8MgNefFhvoArz0DDQgG8UfUpeZx6RMqyhMskECOimBY2sS0YJG6P0d67buTMDk

p11IUgGoG7oBug5cREz5ect5ggOsTNfvQwqbiSfoJiVY5RR6EmdUyYexnhSPfmzTtu7ARmOZeKlFATCXkUA5lvETUkqR4t-QppgTYNdwQBb4QufXxLpMOmefrfeimFWDBGq1psuh

All Thought only one fleet had lost a ship my scouting groups had been decimated needing time for repairs and reinforcements.

For now i would stay back and give my ships time to recover before i attacked again.

On the other hand the lands fronts had gone well...well and in a few of them..weird...

• 1Like
Reactions: