• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1681-1684 : War with Ming, Manchu and half of Asia

Moscow and Polotsk are having a lot of trouble, but Italy is colonizing the three provinces who have split from Moscow and are now nomads.
EU3_202.jpg

Europe in November 1681. Flanders has taken some provinces from Brabant.
EU3_203.jpg

Italy is now making 31671 ducats a year. In June 1682, war exhaustion is at 7.79. In July 1682, a great event makes us gain 1 centralization
EU3_207.jpg

I am now fully centralized.
EU3_208.jpg

In April 1682, I declare war on Ming and Manchu - I need some infamy and I hope it is going to be a short and easy war.
EU3_210.jpg

Korea is sooned peaced out. In January 1683, I get a boundary dispute on Surabaya, a province in the Sumatra island.
EU3_216.jpg

By February 1683, Manchu is fully occupied. I expand my sphere of influence.
EU3_218.jpg

Maybe I get a little greedy here. In March 1683, Manchu cedes eight provinces.
EU3_219.jpg

and Ming other two provinces. Infamy is high, but under the BB limit.
EU3_220.jpg

Well, it is about time we hire a diplomat. I get lucky and get a 6-star one.
EU3_222.jpg

But being near the BB limit means countries declare war on you. Durrani, Pattani and Dai Viet declare war on us, so I figure I might as well get that core and I declare war on Mataram myself.
Diplomatic map in May 1683.
EU3_228.jpg

I figure I can get some easy prestige and I expand my sphere of influence another time. In September 1683, Mataram has to cede Surabaya.
EU3_232.jpg

Meanwhile, the nomad provinces defect to us, and we get Overextension again. I wish there was a way to plan that efficiently.
EU3_237.jpg

Meanwhile, we peace the heathen countries one at a time. Malwa, Assam and Orissa are peaced.
EU3_239.jpg

In December 1683, Pattani concedes defeat, and therefore Ayutthaya is also out of the war. But Adal and their ally Hausa declare war on us.
EU3_243.jpg

In January 1684, we gain 1 innovation through an event - and we lose 1 stability! Which is bad, since we are in overextension, and WE has actually climbed up again to 10. If things stay the way they are, I will get back to full stability in October 1685.
EU3_245.jpg

We whitepeace Dai Viet. In February 1684, we peace the Durrani, and we make them release the Timurids, which means other infamy-free provinces for us.
EU3_249.jpg

We peace the Timurids immediately, since we don't want new provinces as we want to get out of overextension as soon as possible. I will let you guess how.
Meanwhile, in April 1684, we peace the Hause and they release .. Sokoto. They actually released themselves.
EU3_252.jpg

In June 1684, Adal concedes defeat. But we are not allowed to be at peace, Funji declares war on us. It is a pity, because by August 1684 all of the nomad provinces we were colonizing have defected to us. The Oirat Horde also becomes restless again.
In October 1684, we vassalize Funji for 2 infamy, since their casus belli, Tribal Conquest, obviously goes both way.
EU3_260.jpg

We concede defeat to the Oirat Horde, because we need to be at peace - also with the Hordes. Did you guess why ?
EU3_265.jpg

Right ! We release Iraq. We lose 5 uncored provinces (they would have cored after 1700) and 1 core - Karbala. In November 1684, overextension goes away and infamy is manageable again.
Stability cost goes down dramatically, I should be back to full stability in February 1685.

Last edited:
1684-1691 : First war with Switzerland (1) - Smithian Economics

Europe in November 1684
EU3_268.jpg

Income is 32573 ducats yearly. As WE is pretty high, we claim the title of DoTF, which gives a -0.02 War Exhaustion.
Our inflation is back to 5.0, also thanks to the different bonuses we have who add up to -0.34 inflation.
EU3_277.jpg

In October 1685, we can move a slider and we choose Free Subjects, but this makes us lose 1 stability.
But I can report that we have a monopoly on all of the most important COTs.
EU3_283.jpg

After we get back to stability 3, in Semptember 1686, we decide to change National Ideas. In fact, we are not going to war to Switzerland until more provinces core, so this is a good time to do it,
We pick the Smithian Economics and give up Unam Sanctam.
EU3_288.jpg

In the following month, even with stability 0, our yearly income shows 35214 ducats. Our monthly production is 603 ducats and our tariffs 1269. In the meantime, we get a core on a Songhai province, Janna.
EU3_295.jpg

In June 1687, our WE is less than 4 and we are at stability 1. Our yearly income is 36536 ducats. But we lose some merchants in our COTs.
In December 1687, some provinces core.
EU3_302.jpg

We recruit several generals before accepting an event which makes us lose 20 army tradition. In May 1688, while still at stability 2 and as our yearly income has reached 37k ducats, we get an event which makes us lose -5% production.
EU3_307.jpg

But that takes us off guard, as we were spending almost everything on stability and were dangerously close to 0 ducats. We accidentally take a loan. Oh well, we will hire a banker then.
EU3_308.jpg

We have some spare money, so we will play Sim-Italy. I build a textile manufactory in Brescia.
We also support Baroque Music. We make a short war with Ryuku, who was also controlling the Andamans islands between India and Indochina, and we annex them.
EU3_319.jpg

Our yearly income in October 1688 is 38150 ducats. Other provinces core, so we have no excuse any more for not going to war with Switzerland.
Therefore, in December 1688, we declare war on the Songhai and and on Switzerland. Portugal, Spain, Ethiopia and Oman join the war too. Later, we declare war on Mali as well.
We engage the Swiss in Bern and in Schwyz.
EU3_326.jpg

EU3_331.jpg

and the Portuguese in Alentejo.
EU3_335.jpg

We keep on playing Sim-Italy and queue a Textile Manufactory in Cremona and a University in Rom.
We rout the Portuguese in Lisboa.
EU3_343.jpg

After expanding our sphere of influence, Mali becomes our vassal.
EU3_346.jpg

We peace Oman, Ethiopia and Spain. Songhai has to cede our core province, Jenna.
EU3_350.jpg

In March 1690, at last, we can peace Switzerland. They cede 4 provinces. I could have gotten 5, but I am afraid of overextension. I will support revolts in the provinces in Switzerland and hope some provinces defect.
EU3_358.jpg

Portugal is peaced soon after that. In April 1590, I build the national focus to Missouri and build a COT there.
EU3_364.jpg

In May 1590, Mantua is diploannexed.
EU3_367.jpg

Thanks to a good event, we regain the stability in January 1691.
EU3_369.jpg

There will come a time that you won't have to care about infamy anymore. A good thing to note, though, is that:
-Infamy directly affects your stab cost, as well as merchant chance in foreign centers of trade
-Going 25% over the limit triggers a lot of really bad events, each with a MttH of 50 months. If you have infamy twice the limit, it reduces this by 75% (so it becomes 12.5 months). If you are lucky, it increases it by 400% (so it becomes 200 mopnths). They, along with really bad events you get while at war, are under PurelyNasty.txt. They are listed in this wiki page (for some reason you can't click on the link to the inflation event).

In essence they do the following:
-Take away all of your magistrates
-Get your stability permanently to -3
-Make your Philosophers (prestige), Natural Scientists (production tech), Artists (stability investment) and Statesmen (government tech) resign
-Give you inflation
-Takes away Army Tradition
-Takes away merchants (both foreign and domestic)
-Takes away Legitimacy

Last edited:
There will come a time that you won't have to care about infamy anymore.

I do still have a house rule though, not to go over the BB limit.

1691-1698 : Manchu, Bejing, Sardinia annexed. 5 provinces in Asia, other 5 in Europe.

Map of Europe in July 1691.
EU3_374.jpg

I declare war against the Ming and the Manchu. Blitz war against the Ming. In September 1691, their capital, Bejing, is annexed.
EU3_376.jpg

The Manchu and Korean armies are defeated...
EU3_380.jpg

Therefore, in December 1691, the Manchu are annexed and disappear from the map.
EU3_381.jpg

We are researching Gov Technology since we want to get another national idea. We will power level to Gov Tech 33. I have many universities.
EU3_383.jpg

Map of Asia in January 1692.
EU3_384.jpg

Meanwhile, the Timurid provinces defect to us.
EU3_388.jpg

In April 1693, the two other Timurid provinces defect as well.
We are colonizing also the Mongol Khanate provinces. In July 1693, Ulaanchib defects to us.
EU3_393.jpg

In October 1693, we gain a core on Cordoba, Granada. In January 1694, Gov Tech 33 has been researched and we can embrace "Scientific Revolution"
EU3_396.jpg

In May 1694, the other Mongol province, Jasagdu defects to us - the last province we were colonizing.
In July 1694 there is another border dispute. Wessex - also belonging to Granada. We gain also a core on Medina, who belongs to our vassal Haasa.
In April 1695, we declare war on Granada, Portugal, Spain and Sardinia. I had noticed Switzerland was allied with Sardinia, and therefore I declared war on them, as I wanted to declare war on Switzerland, but I hadn't noticed I was running out of diplomats. So I end up being at war with Switzerland without casus belli.
EU3_413.jpg

The war is not very interesting.
I expand my sphere of influence and annex Sardinia in September 1695.
EU3_418.jpg

Switzerland is occupied by peasants rebels. I grab the only province who wasn't occupied and I hope they will collapse.
EU3_419.jpg

We peace Tripoli, Connacht, Persia, Ragusa, Tunisa, who all have to give us money and prestige. We get a gift to the state, 19054 ducats, which means we will be able to pay our loan.
And In May 1696, we peace Granada, who has to cede Cordoba and Wessex.
EU3_429.jpg

We used the colonialism casus belli on Spain, and therefore we get a colony from them.
EU3_431.jpg

In August 1696, we peace Portugal. We had declared war on them using the Imperialism casus belli, so this time, we grab Alentejo and Algarve. Now our foothold in Iberia is safer.
EU3_433.jpg

We peace the Oirat Horde, as colonizing it may lead to overextension.
We hire a colonial governor, and this takes our yearly income over 40k ducats for the first time in January 1697.
EU3_441.jpg

Europe in August 1697. Notice that there has been a war between France and England and France has grabbed several provinces in Britain. I also grabbed Wessex, so that London is cut off from the bulk of Britain, whose capital now is York.
EU3_444.jpg

In October 1697, Switzerland collapses, but that does not help us. They also become a Republican Dictatorship, but they won't get any respite from us because of that. Their prestige is -100, so they will be a pushover.
EU3_446.jpg

In January 1698, as a travelling minstrel comes to court, and as our Stability is already maxed, I use the opportunity to change another national idea. There are very few provinces left to colonize, and the colonists I have are more than enough to take the colonies to city status. Therefore I give up the idea of "Land of Opportunity" and I take "National Trade Policy".
EU3_450.jpg

I change national Idea, the ministrel gives me 1 stability, and after a month I get another point.
EU3_453.jpg

Last edited:
1698-1702 : Switzerland annexed, Swahili and Persia vassalized

The National Trade Policy allows very good decisions. For instance the Importation Act, which is passed.
EU3_455.jpg

This decision has a very good effect and it takes our yearly income to over 42k
In August 1698, Stability is back to 3 and another decision is passed, House of Trade.
EU3_468.jpg

There is another decision which requires a collector, therefore, one 5-star collector is hired.
It is the Navigation Act, which is also passed.
EU3_473.jpg

Look at how many modifiers are affecting the cloth trade value, which is also affected by the many manufactories we bought. It seems fitting that Textiles from Italy should be expensive.
EU3_480.jpg

As Trade now has become very important, we can pass another decision, "The Joint Stock Companies Act".
EU3_490.jpg

Our theologian dies, and we hire another advisor to improve our Production Efficiency.
EU3_496.jpg

Not sure whether it is going to help us economically - We abolish slavery.
EU3_497.jpg

Right after that we move towards Innovative through an event, losing 1 stability in the process. But since our income is very high, recovering it takes only around 6 months. In May 1700, we diplo-annex Naples.
EU3_501.jpg

Sicily has a core on Calabria. I have a house rule - if a vassal has a core on a province, it should be ceded to him. But Calabria is in our culture group and I will end up annexing Sicily too, so I figure this house rule does not apply here. So now, apart from Sicily, all of contemporary Italy is in .. Italy.
EU3_503.jpg

A look at the trade map shows us that there are new COTs. I had failed to notice that there is a COT in Sardinia - so we start sending merchants there, now that Sardinia belongs to us. There are two COTs in France and also a new COT for Bohemia, in Budjak, on the Black Sea. Here are the approximate locations of the COTs in Europe.
EU3_504.jpg

We get called to arms from Sokoto - a defensive war.
Meanwhile, all of the provinces who were supplying slaves now supply other goods. The tariffs are somewhat lower, but we don't lose the 25% bonus.
Since we are at war, we declare war on Switzerland.
EU3_516.jpg

We rout their army and occupy their provinces.
EU3_519.jpg

After expanding our influence, in March 1701, we annex Switzerland. We might have fought two wars to minimize infamy, but 5 years wait are not worth 2 infamy.
EU3_522.jpg

Mission fulfilled - we get a core on Bern. But we have to cancel the next mission - convert Augsburg.
Therefore, the next mission is save Loango from the particularists.
Then we peace Portugal, and the next mission is vassalize Swahili.
We declare war on Swahili, which takes Aragon, Castille and Spain into the war. Aragon is the war leader. But in July 1701, we vassalize Swahili and therefore fulfill the mission.
EU3_532.jpg

Then we have to blockade Alicante - we are still at war with Aragon. After also this mission is fulfilled, the next one is vassalize Persia, who by now is an OPM.
Meanwhile, Aragon offers us a white peace, which we accept. Our yearly income, in September 1701, is for the first time over 50k ducats.
EU3_539.jpg

In January 1702, also this mission is fulfilled and we lose other 2 infamy. We also peace the Songhai. Therefore, we are at peace, apart from the war with the Oirat Horde.
EU3_540.jpg

1702-1706 : Ming annexed and Italian Asia connected

In the next mission, I have to build a Fine Arts Academy in Bone. It is outrageously expensive, but it is done.
EU3_544.jpg

Obviously, God is happy with us, as we get money out of Sale of Titles right after that.
EU3_545.jpg

In February 1702, we declare war on the Mings. Korea joins the war too.
EU3_547.jpg

We support Baroque Music. The war with the Ming is over in July 1702. The Ming are annexed and disappear from the map.
EU3_554.jpg

Now there is a small gap and the Oirat Horde between Italy and Italian Asia. If I connected, I would probably get overextension, so this will wait. There are still too many uncored provinces.
EU3_556.jpg

In August 1702, we get a new "Duce". It has high administration skills, so maybe that connection will be possible ?
EU3_559.jpg

In August 1702, the Judiciary Act is passed.
EU3_560.jpg

Regrettably, time is running out in Asia, as states become independent from the Oirat Horde and Ayutthaya is colonizing them.
EU3_568.jpg

Therefore, in April 1703, we declare war on the Ayutthaya, to kick them out of the Oirat Horde provinces.
EU3_571.jpg

As we occupy the Horde provinces and therefore connect Italy with Italian Asia, the overextension modifier does NOT kick in. And our production income becomes obscene - even more than tariffs for the first time.
Therefore, Italy and Italian Asia will be connected.
EU3_576.jpg

In June 1704, our yearly income is 54404 ducats.
EU3_585.jpg

By July 1704, most Ayutthaya provinces are occupied and they have been removed from the Oirat Horde territories.
EU3_586.jpg

We cut the Ayuttaya from the Oirat Horde territories and we dismember them.
EU3_587.jpg

Asia in February 1705. Italy and Italian Asia are connected through the occupied Oirat Horde provinces, who are now being colonized.
EU3_588.jpg

We are now power leveling to Land Technology 34 - to enable Caroline Infantry and get an advantage over the other countries for some years.
EU3_589.jpg

In June 1706, we have researched Land Tech 34, while most countries are still at Land Tech 32.
Europe in June 1706 - and world maps.
EU3_751.jpg

EU3_MAP_ITA_1706.6.19_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_ITA_1706.6.19_2.jpg

It is a great time to declare war on France.

EU3_592.jpg

EU3_593.jpg

Nice work so far. You gonna take France's mediterranean provinces and then go after Aragon?

When do you gain Imperialism Casus Belli?
Quoting the wiki ....
Prerequisites/Trigger :Revolutionary Empire, Revolutionary Republic, Enlightened Despotism, Republican Dictatorship, Absolute Monarchy
In other words, if you run one of the above governments ( by some reason, Empires can't have Imperialism CB *confused* ;) ), you have a Imperialism CB on everyone alive. Think on it as a " your land would be better in my hands than yours" CB :p

And I think it would be better to start working on France by moving the border closer to Paris and not necessarily by grabbing the southern provinces ( you can liberate them to Toulouse or something like that and work on that later ). France is getting too big again and need to be neutered fast ... and the best way to do so is to put pressure on their cap IMHO.

Last edited:
In other words, if you run one of the above governments ( by some reason, Empires can't have Imperialism CB *confused* ;) ), you have a Imperialism CB on everyone alive.

Surely that needs changing in the next update then. Why would Revolutionary Empires get it but not Empires?:wacko:

And I think it would be better to start working on France by moving the border closer to Paris and not necessarily by grabbing the southern provinces ( you can liberate them to Toulouse or something like that and work on that later ). France is getting too big again and need to be neutered fast ... and the best way to do so is to put pressure on their cap IMHO.

OK I've changed my mind :eek:o. I'd grab France's eastern provinces leaving you with a border on Île-de-France and then force-release one of the French minors to split France in half.

I would phrase the Imperialism CB as "We're attacking you because we can".

Hi everybody, thank you for the feedback.

About the war with France: France is the only other country who is able to field a massive army and could claim to be the greatest - after all, they are France. I think it is pretty obvious I should use my temporary advantages to attack them now ( I am more technologically advanced, and defender of the faith). They also have two COTs.

About the war objectives: Obviously, France will have to be weakened, and countries will be released. But it can't be cut in two because it is a Blob. I still do not want to grab too many uncored provinces - but I might grab a COT.

About casus belli : I think the main reason behind Casus Belli is justify the war to your OWN people - therefore the stability loss when you declare a war without casus belli.

About the empire: Why is it ok to grab territories from other countries ? Because we are the greatest and people will be better off under our rule - actually they all dream of belonging to us. Because we are the heirs of the Roman Empire and for the Pax Romana to be restored there can only be one - some little wars today are necessary to have world peace tomorrow (Yeah, right...)

I wouldn't laugh France off. I am pretty sure that if I switched to leading France in the game I could easily become number one, as we all know Italy would implode.

Last edited:
1706-1709 : France cut up to size.

But since the French are led by the AI, they don't even think of winning by attrition. They just send all of their armies to Italy. But even if France were led by the best player, they would not be able to prevent the blockade of death.
EU3_600.jpg

A closer look.
EU3_603.jpg

They just HAVE to attack Savoy, where I concentrate my forces and win my first major battle in this war.
EU3_611.jpg

Of course we follow them in Dauphine....
EU3_615.jpg

We beat them and we follow them, we beat them and we follow them... They have artillery which slows them down. We also do, but of course we make sure our main army is not burdened by it.
EU3_616.jpg

I will spare you the other battles, the last one is in Perigord - and after that France has no stack. You know things are going well if you can beat France without effort.
EU3_623.jpg

Meanwhile, the Fine Arts Academy has been built in Bone. I get another mission, convert Bar, which I cancel. Therefore, the next mission is to vassalize Ragusa, who USED to be our vassal before we canceled the vassalization to conver them - without even getting the prize.
EU3_626.jpg

We declare war on Ragusa - who is joined by their allies Granada and Polotsk. They are vassalized very quickly.
EU3_630.jpg

We get several blockade mission : Glamorgan, Cadiz, Highlands are blockaded. Meanwhile, we peace Granada.
EU3_634.jpg

Following missions : Save Kaffa (besieged by Polotsk), then blockade Cherson - oh yes, Poland is at war with us too, brought in by the war leader, Polotsk.
EU3_636.jpg

Next mission, save Sundgau from rebels, which we do.
EU3_640.jpg

And then, colonize Khom, an Oirat Horde province.
Our production skyrockets, while the war with France nears the end. It is the copper and iron province who are producing a lot in times of war.
EU3_645.jpg

Map of Europe in April 1708.
EU3_648.jpg

In July 1708, the first Oirat Horde province defects to us. We have lost the idea of "Colonial Opportunity", but we still have around 5 colonists a year, so it is not a problem.
EU3_650.jpg

And France can be peaced. Two big countries can be released, effectively cutting France in two. It turns out to be possible after all. We will support revolts in the south to make sure they split from France as well. And we also gain a new COT, along with a rich province, Maine. The British province will probably trade through that COT as well.
EU3_651.jpg

In fact, all of Britain ends up trading through Armor. I guess the British like us more than the French. Can't blame them...
EU3_653.jpg

I move the national focus to Bern, because there is a decision that can change the culture group of provinces in your national focus. But it is too expensive, so I end up postponing that.
In September 1708, we peace Polotsk, who is also weakened.
EU3_655.jpg

Therefore, this is a map of Europe in September 1708.
EU3_656.jpg

In October 1708, other Horde province defect, and we get a stable connection between Italy and China.
EU3_658.jpg

Also the province of Kham defects to us, and the next mission will be to convert Minnesota. There is already a missionary there, so we will just have to wait.
May 1709 - this is Italy. Problem ?
EU3_667.jpg

1709-1713 : War with Bohemia and Great Britain

Indeed :)

We get called to arms from Karem Bornu. We are not able to colonize the last Oirat Horde province because there is a settlement from Ayutthaya there - I saw their colonist arrive even if we were occupying the province...
EU3_671.jpg

Anyway, this is the diplomatic map of our low intensity war.
EU3_672.jpg

What should I say - I like manufactories. I queue a refinery in Abruzzi - I have too much money.
EU3_674.jpg

Since we are at war, we might start a war where we have some stake. We declare war on Bohemia, the other country in Europe who is too full of himself.
EU3_676.jpg

Their land technology is also low, I think 31 compared to our 34. In the first battle in Ostmarch, it shows.
EU3_681.jpg

And in Sopron...
EU3_685.jpg

And in Pecs. This is too easy.
EU3_688.jpg

Another stack is routed in Transylvania. They sure had a lot of troops. Useless troops.
EU3_690.jpg

Did I tell you that I like manufactories ? I build a weapons Manufactory in Kärnten.
EU3_697.jpg

We expand our influence and then we peace Prussia. This time I was a little overconfident, I won't be able to recover quickly all the prestige.
We get a core on Dayr Az Zor.
By August 1711, we have occuped most of Bohemia.
EU3_702.jpg

Therefore we peace them. Budjak, which has a COT and a textile manufactory, hadn't fallen yet, so it goes to Moldavia. Bessarabia becomes Italian.
EU3_703.jpg

After improving relations with Moldavia, I diplo-annex them. In this war, I gained a COT and two textile manufactories. It will hard to place merchants in Budjak, but I can't bring myself to destroy the COT. Europe in January 1712.
EU3_707.jpg

Through an event we lose 20 army tradition, so before accepting it I recruit a couple of generals. We also get a core on Lincoln, Great Britain. Immediately we declare war on Great Britain.
EU3_712.jpg

Thanks to our superior land technology, we cut through their armies as if they were butter.
EU3_716.jpg

At last I decide to remove the COT in Budjak, but it is too late. Oh well.
EU3_717.jpg

It is hard to place merchants in our own COTs - even with full mercantilism. There is only one thing to do then - Dump National Bank and Pick Shrewd Commerce Practice. We won't give up any of our COTs.
EU3_720.jpg

In June 1713, we peace Great Britain and we get our core, Lincoln.
EU3_726.jpg

Europe in September 1713. Rebels are marauding in Southern France, Bohemia is losing a war with Poland, Aragon has grabbed a province from Granada.
EU3_727.jpg

World maps in September 1713.

EU3_MAP_ITA_1713.9.24_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_ITA_1713.9.25_1.jpg

Last edited:
Please remember to vote in the

AARland Choice AwAARds 2012

for your favourite recently updated AARs!

shamelessly ripped off from Prawnstar

Last edited:
1713-1717 : Second war with France. War with Malwa.

We are finished colonizing the Horde - almost. But we are now at peace with them.
EU3_729.jpg

In December 1713, Bohemia and Poland peace. Bohemia becomes insignificant.
EU3_734.jpg

In August 1714, another great decision can be passed. Agricultural Cultivation.
EU3_737.jpg

As of January 1714, these are my national ideas.
EU3_741.jpg

As we have run out of infamy, in September 1714, we pick the next victim - Malwa, hoping to grab provinces quickly. Durrani and Assam also join the war.
EU3_754.jpg

We are also in a war with Qasim Khanate and some other after answering a call to arms. We also declare war on France, to enlarge our presence there.
EU3_757.jpg

The only significant battle is in Armor - as usual, France attacks frontally.
EU3_760.jpg

We vassalize Assam in March 1715 - now we have some infamy to burn.
EU3_765.jpg

We peace the Qasim Khanate and their minions and the Durrani. In July 1715, we peace the Malwa for three provinces, two of which are directly added to the Bihar country, our vassal.
EU3_774.jpg

I can't complain at how merchants are doing.
EU3_775.jpg

The war with France is also pretty effortless, but sieging 3-level and 4-level forts takes a toll on our attrition.
EU3_776.jpg

We gain an explorer through an event. In April 1716, we can peace France, who cedes us three provinces and releases Cornwall. Now it will be easier placing merchants in Armor. We gain also a refinery (Berry) and an university (Alencon).
EU3_783.jpg

Europe in April 1716. Ukraine has become bigger - and they are still our allies.
EU3_784.jpg

We get called to arms from Kanem Bornu in April 1716 - we opt out of the war in November 1716. We pay tribute so that we can lose the title of DoTF which isn't helping us now - I don't see who could possibly worry us. Bohemia claims the title immediately.
EU3_790.jpg

Meanwhile we have researched Land Tech 36 and upgraded our cavalry to Arme Blanche. We are leading technologically and I don't think they will ever be able to catch up.
EU3_788.jpg

Our income, in February 1717, is over 60k.
EU3_791.jpg

We have over 900k soldiers, while other countries can't even reach 50k. And of course, we have the vassals.
EU3_795.jpg

What are your goals? Or are you just going with the flow?

What are your goals? Or are you just going with the flow?

:) My goals are (in this order)

• Maximize my income
  • Control the trade in as many COTs as possible
  • Be technologically advanced
  • Expand my territory ( mine and vassals')