• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahh
"looking for targets"
you'll need to take out the Mayans and Zap soon before someone else comes knocking. With 3NI's in play and Britain being "Great" amongst others you'll have to consolidate. Or not.
I am interested in targets who are easy and have a lot of cash. But I guess there are few left.

1486-1490 : Mission accomplished - the currency is restored

Since my colonies are about to become cities I found a new colony in Ilheus. My doge has bad administration skills and I choose a province which is easy to settle.
EU3_1249.jpg

The doge dies and a new one with good adminstration skills is elected at last.
EU3_1255.jpg

Uteve is converted. Prod tech 9 is discovered. Bavaria has to make peace with Würzburg and is back to square one.
EU3_1262.jpg

Since at last I have a doge with good administration skills it is time to claim some Caribbean islands as well,
although this is not good for the balance sheet. Dominica is founded.
EU3_1268.jpg

I don't want to mint so I take a loan. Inflation is 7.8% - my mission goal is 6% . It is getting increasingly hard since I cannot find any other rich native tribe.
EU3_1269.jpg

Missionaries are a bottleneck too, since I had the brilliant idea to become a little more "innovative". Just a paltry 0.25 missionaries a year are available.
EU3_1270.jpg

Tohancapan is converted. At last we find a 5 star theologian to help us convert the heathens.
EU3_1275.jpg

And Saint Kitts gets colonized as well.
EU3_1276.jpg

In July 1488 - another stability hit and we gain 1 offensive.
EU3_1280.jpg

And our yellow ally calls us to arms again. Well, war taxes, what should we say.
EU3_1284.jpg

Sena is converted. In May 1489 the war with Algeria ends. But the Mameluks is the war leader and the war with them continues.
EU3_1288.jpg

In August 1489 Stability is back to normal. And against our better judgment, we take another loan,
since we desperately want to keep the treasury slider left. In my next AAR I will have to set myself some inflation/loans constraints, I am too addicted to those.
EU3_1293.jpg

In Nov 1489, naval tech 10 is researched. Since we are technically at war with Oman because of answering Castille's call to arms, we get involved in a naval battle with them in the Indian Ocean.
EU3_1301.jpg

EU3_1302.jpg

In February 1490, I can move a domestic policy slider again. I will go "Free Subjects", hoping to get a 2% reduction on inflation.
This way the mission would be accomplished.
EU3_1305.jpg

And this is our lucky day. We get a better administration. Inflation is reduced by 2%
EU3_1306.jpg

And the mission is completed. The economy will be booming for four years and as a bonus, the inflation is reduced by an additional 1%.
EU3_1307.jpg

The next mission is easy for a change - colonize Suriname.
EU3_1309.jpg

It is so satisfying to see that inflation is now little more than 4%

EU3_1310.jpg

Last edited:
Yay, mission accomplished! :D Now the challenge is not to let inflation creep up again when paying those loans. I do understand the difficulty though, your army costs are probably higher than usual with those slider positions, so there's not much room for extra spending...

When not at war put the navy and army maintenance down. This will help keep costs down and means you don't have to take so many loans.
I already do that :)

Yay, mission accomplished! :D Now the challenge is not to let inflation creep up again when paying those loans. I do understand the difficulty though, your army costs are probably higher than usual with those slider positions, so there's not much room for extra spending...
Yeah, I'll try my best but I am kind of addicted ;)

update today pretty please?
As i am addicted to reading this AAR :D
Thank you! That's nice to know :)
I have reached a milestone in my game and I have uploaded a save file. An update will come soon.

1490 : Venice has the biggest army

Regrettably, Suriname is tropical and not to best province to colonize. But missions must be accomplished.
EU3_1312.jpg

We confirm Bruno Trevisano in office and have a look at our booming economy.
EU3_1317.jpg

Meanwhile, at last, we sight Portuguese and Castillian ships in America.
EU3_1318.jpg

While we shortly allow pirates in Capo Verde, we find out we can build the Arsenal in Venice, which will not be very useful since we need big ships.
EU3_1320.jpg

Meanwhile, we are at war with the Mameluks again (Castilla's call to arms) but we don't really participate. Our minions do, but the Mameluks are no threat now.
EU3_1324.jpg

Instead we look at how many soldiers and ships there are in the world. We have the biggest army and the second biggest navy.
EU3_1327.jpg

EU3_1328.jpg

Castilla makes peace with the Mameluks and gets Gaza and Sinai. Which means that we could now transfer troops through the Suez channel. We would drop them in Gaza and another fleet would pick them up in Sinai.
EU3_1333.jpg

But the good news is, a saint performs a miracle. We gain 1 narrowminded without stability loss. We badly need missionaries and colonial growth, already we don't have enough missionaries to convert all of our newly acquired provinces.
EU3_1336.jpg

Our annoying yellow ally then calls us to arms against the Karaman. We need to cancel military access first, though.
EU3_1338.jpg

Well, at least we are in control of the war so we could actually end up gaining something.
EU3_1339.jpg

So this is a diplomatic map of the war we are involved in.
EU3_1341.jpg

Karaman's done a mighty fine job in this game. Too bad that they've bitten off more than they can chew here...

Karaman's done a mighty fine job in this game. Too bad that they've bitten off more than they can chew here...
Yeah, that is unforgivable in the EU universum :)

1490-1492 : The war with Karaman ends and Suriname is successfully colonized.

Many in Venice started questioning whether the alliance with Castille should be broken, since it seemed like a burden.
But the Doge and the Council of the Ten were convinced that the benefits (still) outweighed the inconveniences.
We white peace Adal and Tripoli and end up being at war only with Karaman and Ethiopia. A couple of provinces are converted. In December 1490, Larissa and Kozani become cores.
EU3_1358.jpg

Using our Turkish vassals as springboard we invade Karaman.
EU3_1365.jpg

EU3_1366.jpg

But - bad news - colonization in Suriname fails.
EU3_1367.jpg

We continue our campaign against the Karamans.
EU3_1369.jpg

In Adan we defeat the main Karaman stack.
EU3_1381.jpg

And again in Mus.
EU3_1388.jpg

Again in Dayr Ad Zor, while some Karaman provinces fall.
EU3_1393.jpg

And we rout them in Damascus.
EU3_1395.jpg

Mexico is converted. The blanket of death is over Karaman and their provinces keep falling.
EU3_1401.jpg

But there is bad news as well. The colonization of Suriname fails AGAIN!
EU3_1403.jpg
This is the situation in December 1491, after we peaced Ethiopia
EU3_1412.jpg

We hire an advisor to improve our colonization chances. Maybe not the best move, but Suriname MUST be colonized.
EU3_1414.jpg

EU3_1415.jpg

And at last we peace Karaman and we get three new allies : Syria, Trebizond and Ramazan.
EU3_1416.jpg

EU3_1418.jpg

So this is a diplomatic map of Europe in March 1492.
EU3_1419.jpg

And luckily, Suriname this time is successfully colonized and we can go on to the next mission : turn Saint Kitts into a city.
EU3_1422.jpg

1492-1495 : Other colonies in America and wars with Bavaria, Inca and Mutape resume

Meanwhile, a lucky event gives use 3 colonists
EU3_1423.jpg

I use them to claim three additional islands in the Caribbeans : St. Martin, Guadeloupe and Antigua. Soon we will have company there.
EU3_1424.jpg

Our colonization efforts are successful, but as expected the first Castillian colony pops up : Trinidad. And they are not even trading through our COTs.
EU3_1432.jpg

But it is Great Britain who has the second biggest economy and is the real threat, since they have the biggest navy as well.
EU3_1435.jpg

We reelect our doge and we lose a general. Regrettably, in July 1494, a nasty event makes us lose 2 stability.
EU3_1451.jpg

And we lose another general. We have to spend a lot of money to recover our stability.
The restless Bavarians attack our ally Ansbach in February 1495, and we have to answer the call to arms. Bavarian has blobbed somewhat while we were not watching.
EU3_1461.jpg

This time we do have an Home Army and we send our troops to the front.
EU3_1468.jpg

EU3_1472.jpg

Since we have to raise the army maintenance this is a good time to attack the Inca and the Mutapa as well. We embark two stacks and send them to the Inca territory circumnavigating South America.
EU3_1473.jpg

The Tirol-Württemberg troops defeat a Bavarian stack in Schwaben...
EU3_1480.jpg

while we are at last ready to take out the main Bavarian stack in Augsburg.
EU3_1485.jpg

War is declared on the Mutapa as well, in May 1495
EU3_1487.jpg

Meanwhile, Saint Kitts turns into a city....
EU3_1488.jpg

... and we get the next mission : colonize Cayenne, another tropical province.
EU3_1489.jpg

Bavarian troops are engaged in Augsburg at last.
EU3_1491.jpg

War is declared on the Incas.
EU3_1492.jpg

EU3_1495.jpg

And the Bavarian stack is defeated in Augsburg
EU3_1496.jpg

1495-1496 : Peace is made with Bavaria and Incas.

We catch them in Oberpfalz
EU3_1500.jpg

Meanwhile we start the campaign against the Musape
EU3_1502.jpg

And we rout the Bavarians in Oberpfalz
EU3_1503.jpg

We conquer provinces in Bavaria and in Inca
EU3_1511.jpg

EU3_1512.jpg

We get called to arms against the Sokoto.
EU3_1522.jpg

Meanwhile, Liguria and Corsica core.
EU3_1530.jpg

After occuping the Incas we peace them for two provinces, one of them has gold.
EU3_1540.jpg

We build forts and send missionaries there. Lima is meanwhile converted.
We make progress in Bavaria and against the Mutape.
EU3_1557.jpg

EU3_1558.jpg

And at last we occupy the whole Bavaria and we can make a favourable peace. And we gain Würzburg as ally.

EU3_1562.jpg

EU3_1563.jpg

Meanwhile Cayenne is colonized and the mission is accomplished.
EU3_1566.jpg

The next mission will be vassalize Ragusa. Which is good, I will have infamy to burn.
EU3_1568.jpg

Can't do that immediately, because we have "great" relations and military access.
EU3_1573.jpg

Meanwhile we become papal controller.
EU3_1580.jpg

Soon, most of the Mutape are occupied.
EU3_1583.jpg

Meanwhile the COT in Alexandria disappears - our COT in Athens killed it.
EU3_1587.jpg

EU3_1588.jpg

Trinidad's natives ought to rebel now-ish. Maybe they should be...helped along.

It is unacceptable to allow rivals beyond the line.
Hmm. It is worth a thought. I am not sure I want to go that way, after all Castille is still my nominal ally.

1496-1497 : Ragusa vassalized

Meanwhile the Mutape are occupied.
EU3_1590.jpg

Since we are planning to vassalize Ragusa, we have to take care of their allied Bohemia as well. We spy them..
EU3_1595.jpg

And excommunicate them - we may as well use our papal controller power.
EU3_1599.jpg

EU3_1603.jpg

Meanwhile we get an event which makes us gain some money.
EU3_1612.jpg

The Mustape give us some provinces. So we have infamy to burn.
EU3_1615.jpg

And Ragusa is vassalized. Mission accomplished.
EU3_1622.jpg

And the next mission will be colonize the Ivory Coast.
EU3_1623.jpg

We are still at war with Bohemia.
EU3_1627.jpg

Meanwhile Tarma is converted. A Bohemian stack catches us by surprise.
EU3_1632.jpg

We have some little trouble dealing with the Bohemian stack. Some Bohemian provinces fall.
EU3_1640.jpg

EU3_1642.jpg

EU3_1643.jpg

And at last we rout them,
EU3_1651.jpg

Through an event we gain some money.
EU3_1658.jpg

This is the situation in Bohemia in April 1497.
EU3_1664.jpg

An interesting mission, Ivory Coast would be in a new neighborhood for Venice.