• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
The wonderfully written stories of Avindian and my friend Ab Ovo have inspired me to start this, my third (and hopefully successful) try at an AAR.

So the House Rules are as follows:
- No cheating
- No gaminess
- No becoming a vassal to another power, Venezia shall stand independent!

Goals are as follow:
- Take Dalmatia
- Take Candia (Crete)
- Take Cyprus
- Take the Adriatic and Aegean Isles

Bonus Goal:
-Expand to Terrafirma

((Note, any and all advice will be welcome, as I am not the greatest player.))

Last edited:
Ah! Dardarian my friend; I am overjoyed to see this! I will of course be following along; and wish you the greatest of luck! Onwards for St Mark!

I will be watching this. Best of luck Dadarian. Make sure to get lots of trading ports.

Enclosed within is the histories and journals of the patrician di Popa family of Venice

Codrinaru I di Popa, First Doge of Venezia

Codrinaru I di Popa

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00001.jpg

1066:

Here I start this journal. I am a fortune builder, having just raised my family to it's place as patricians in the Serene Republic of Venezia. I may have a reputation as a lustful hedonist whose cynicism will have him sell his mother in order to prepare for the future. But that is nonsense, my mother would not gain a good enough price from the mainlanders to make worthy such a transaction.

I have recently bribed my way up the social ladder of the Venetian political scene to become it's first doge. However the other four families: Dandolo, Morosini, Ziani and Faliero do not like or trust me or my family in the slightest due to my rapid rise in both stature and power. I feel this will be a problem soon enough.

Be it what it may, all I need to write down about my home life is that my wife is a young and complacent hunchback, and my baby son Amadeo will take my place as Doge of Venezia once I pass.

Now, more importantly, I need to gain greater personal control over not only Venetian trade, but Mediterranean trade. As of now, only the port of Venice is in di Popa hand's. The valuable ports and trade posts of Reggio, Spalato, Cephalonia and Lecce are in the hands of the other families. However, I have a plan, the Shiek of Malta is quite weak and politically isolated, and will make the perfect location for a Venetian, for a di Popa port.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00004.jpg

I have sent the orders to rally my men and the men of Venice, for we march to war! The city of Mdina is deserving of true Venetian control. I wait here in my personal galley as the battle of Malta rages. I suspect that our great numbers and commanders will result in victory. I will post a map of the current battle situation, to the best of my knowledge.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00005.jpg

Venetian glory over the Muhammadians of Malta is assured. My man has brought me the latest report from the battle of Mdina, we have had ... victory.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00006.jpg

However even in our greatest hour, my damnable wife will not desist from bothering me about her gutter trash of poetry. I may not be the most pious man in Venice, but even I know that this obsession borders on the odd. I tell her it is none of my concern and go back to planning the expansion of the Mdina port to a proper size. Apparently my priest approves me of keeping away from such "devilish writing". He is a fool too.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00007.jpg

The Dandolo family, under the guide of their patriarch Bono, is hosting a ball, but they did not invite me? The Doge! Such disrespect to me is quite fine, but they also refuse to invite any member of the di Popa. Such arrogance shall not go unnoticed, I will go anyway and view how good Patrician Bono Dandolo's ball could possibly be. I leave my man Chancellor Andrea in charge of the siege as I go back to Venice.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00008.jpg

((This shall be a short update, I need to play forward a bit for now. But dinna worry, I have an idea of what I might do))

Last edited:
Interesante; I will follow this AAR, good sir Dadarian

Hmm. This Doge, he seems.... familiar to me....

Ah, nevermind. Probably just tired. Anyways whilst I am saddened by your not using a historical patrician family, the di Popas shall rise to true glory! Excellent update, Dardarian.

Codrinaru I di Popa, First Doge of Venezia

Codrinaru I di Popa

I am ... I am incapable of words right now. The anger I feel towards the Dandolo family is incomprehensible to those outside my family. I visited Bono's ball, regardless of invitation, as per my due as Serene Doge. But he had the gall to throw me out, physically, in front of the noble patricians of Venice. He shall meet his revenge. This shall be forgotten, as a di Popa neither forgives nor forgets.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00009.jpg

The turn of the new year brings pleasant news to my ear, the mountain fortress of the heathen Moors have fallen to the glorious legions of Venice. Malta shall surely capitulate shortly.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00010.jpg

As the Ides of March pass, and my soldiers prepare to overwhelm the paltry remnants of the city of Mdina, I received a simple terse message. I attach it to this account, as to prove the everlasting glory of both myself and my family

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00011.jpg

I dare say, defeating the Mohammadians was blessed by God. Within days I receive word that my men have found a treasure trove from a wreck of a former di Popa vessel of old. This is excellent news, as the coffers needed filling from the cost of the war, and for my plan for Malta.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00012.jpg

A plan to build a trade station on Malta. It's location is perfect for helping to block the Pisan and Genoans from establishing trade posts in the Eastern Mediterranean. All of the riches of the Middle East shall be given to the Kings and Courts of Europe, from Venetian hands. This is just the start, as I will be rich without compare. The Serene Republic shall overcome!

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00013.jpg

To finish off this year, some lowly patrician accused my friend and chancellor of cuckolding him and my wife is pregnant. I tell the patrician to take a trip to Spalato and look forward to my first son.

203770_screenshots_2013-02-21_00015.jpg

((I was trying to write a longer update, but Photobucket upload is acting up :S))

Last edited: