• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably; the command should be recognized. Is the folder "ftg13" in \extension\data\? Is the game called "FtG 1.3b"? What about other new commands, e.g. ai_add, are those recognised?

Or maybe you have a typo somewhere?

Well, re-installed the validator and extracted your files in the correct folder. Still getting the same result.

It's also interesting that the greyed-out game panel to your right still says FtG 1.3, even though the other options (case sensitive etc.) are also present. And I clearly chose that option while making the new validation scheme.

Better not use schemes, I'm not sure what exactly they do. If the game panel says "FtG 1.3" instead of "FtG 1.3b" then you probably didn't extract the ftg13 folder to the correct location. Make sure you have the structure \Audax.Clausewitz.Validator\Extension\Data\Ftg13\ with the subfolders "Map" and "Scenarios".

If you can't figure out what went wrong with your installation, please post screenshots of your folder structure (* on numeric keypad) and the validator window. You probably don't have a "Defines" checkbox there, right?

Latest beta validation files are attached.

Please read these two posts before validating:
As usual, extract the update to \extension\data\ and set the Validation levels (in File -> Options -> Validation) to Debug respectively Strict.

Attachments

• ftgvalidatorupdate13b6.zip
    31 KB · Views: 59
A little too late, but thanks for your works

Checking, is validator 0.8.3 b the latest working version? Is files ftgvalidator13b6.zip hte latest working files for FtG?

I can't find any download link for 0.8.9.b. The latest link I found in this thread was for 0.8.3.b.
Are there any other place to get the newer version?

I found the download link in the first post! Sorry for my bad eyes...

Last edited:
Also, in the User Guide it talks about .mod files. I don't understand which files that is about. Is it about the e g mod_AGCEEP.txt type files?
Apparently in those files there should be "extend" and "replace" options. I don't se these in the mod_AGCEEP.txt type files.

Edit: Maybe it's in some other game than FtG?

Last edited:
Also, in the User Guide it talks about .mod files. I don't understand which files that is about. Is it about the e g mod_AGCEEP.txt type files?
Apparently in those files there should be "extend" and "replace" options. I don't se these in the mod_AGCEEP.txt type files.

Edit: Maybe it's in some other game than FtG?

Under the first paragraph of the Validator User Guide:
The .mod (dot mod) file is the companion file to the folder that contains the actual MOD
components. It's the text file that tells the game to "replace" or "extend" vanilla files, and the file that
contains the name of the MOD

If you have more than one mod installed for FtG you might see mod_AGCEEP.txt as the companion file to the AGCEEP mod folder, mod_DoK.txt to DoK mod folder, mod_FtG_Timur.txt to FtG_Timur and so on.

e.g. my own modified AGCEEP text file reads:

Code:
#AGCEEP

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
   name = "AGCEEP"
   dir = "AGCEEP"
   language = { "english" }
   shields = { "enhanced" }
   remark = "AGCEEP 1.59b4"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It points FtG to the "dir" directory of the mod and tells FtG to use the files in that folder instead of it’s own files, whenever the mod contains a file.
So theoretically you could have an empty mod folder, tell FtG to use that and FtG will look there, see nothing and simply use it’s own vanilla files. Or a mod could have just one single file that someone wants replaced in that folder and FtG will then use that file instead of it’s own file of that name but all other files that the mod does not replace will be the vanilla ones.

If you don’t set e.g. the shields then the game offers you a choice of all available. However while during the time of EU2 AGCEEP had 2 full sets of shields (classic, enhanced) not every mod has it’s own complete set of something. AGCEEP currently only has a full set of "enhanced" shields. If you use the vanilla game "glory" shields those work too - but as soon as e.g. a AGCEEP country that does not exist in the vanilla game tries to display a shield of which there is no "glory" variant you see an empty black shield.

Last edited:
Ok, so it is the mod_AGCEEP.txt type files he is talking about. I took the "extend" and "replace" words as commands/keywords in those files. Which they apparently is not, he's just explaining the functionality of the files.