• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The 1.0 release cycle is continuing. This will be the last version released for this game (barring patches, expansions, or breaking issues). Therefore, your feedback, especially bug reports, is more important than ever.

1.0 Release Candidate 13 is available: Download here

Note that a final release for EU3 has been pushed to the 1.1 release, as it was severely delaying the final releases of Rome and Vic2.

The final v1.0 will be released when a release candidate has been out for three weeks and no issues have been reported (note: this includes issues for Vic2 and Rome). Therefore if no issues are reported, v1.0 will be released on July 26

---------------------------------------------------------

You can tweak a number of validation settings by copying a text file from the SettingsFiles folder into the game directory or mod directory, and naming it ValidatorSettings.txt. Then just open it and modify. This is where many of the former settings got moved to.

Also, comment ignore is here! Simply put
Code:
# Audax Validator "." Ignore_XXXX
in front of the node causing the error that you want to ignore. XXXX is an error code, found in Information/errorCodes.txt. So far only a few errors are supported, so tell me which ones you really want to be able to ignore. For more information, see DidYouKnow.pdf, in the dowload.

If there is interest, a new version of the Validator will be released with bugfixes and so on. If you are not satisfied with the current final version, please download this and report any issues you find. Please do this by 1 September 2014. Note: I will try to fix reported bugs, but there is no guarantee that they will be fixed.

Are you still updating the Validator for EU Rome? if so, I have a few issues. Since Imperator Rome have been announced, I think this game will get a few players returning.

The Validator is informing false posetives:
"republic" is not a valid Government. it's reporting likewise for "monarchy".

Code:
    proclaim_republic_confederacy = {
        potential = {
            government = republic
            NOT = { government = republic_confederacy }
        }
        allow = {
            stability = 0
            biggest_party = civic_party # Does not quite fit the government, but...
            ruler = { party = civic_party  }
        }        
        effect = {
            stability = -2
            government = republic_confederacy
        }

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 1
            modifier = {
                factor = 0.001
                always = yes
            }
        }
    }
}
which the Validator has some problems with many things such as "party" isn't good enough, should be "civic_party" and "biggest_party" is also seemingly wrong.
All of these work perfectly fine in the game as they should. I currently try and work out all the bugs in the "newest" vanilla version, so you may hear more from me, as there are alot of them. (which is making the Validator perfect to have... as long as it doesn't clunk up with alot of things that actually work :)

problem.PNG

Last edited:
Are you still updating the Validator for EU Rome? if so, I have a few issues. Since Imperator Rome have been announced, I think this game will get a few players returning.

The Validator is informing false posetives:
"republic" is not a valid Government. it's reporting likewise for "monarchy".

Code:
    proclaim_republic_confederacy = {
        potential = {
            government = republic
            NOT = { government = republic_confederacy }
        }
        allow = {
            stability = 0
            biggest_party = civic_party # Does not quite fit the government, but...
            ruler = { party = civic_party  }
        }        
        effect = {
            stability = -2
            government = republic_confederacy
        }

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 1
            modifier = {
                factor = 0.001
                always = yes
            }
        }
    }
}
which the Validator has some problems with many things such as "party" isn't good enough, should be "civic_party" and "biggest_party" is also seemingly wrong.
All of these work perfectly fine in the game as they should. I currently try and work out all the bugs in the "newest" vanilla version, so you may hear more from me, as there are alot of them. (which is making the Validator perfect to have... as long as it doesn't clunk up with alot of things that actually work :)

No longer supported, sorry. Not sure I even have the game still (it's not in Steam at least, dunno if it is somewhere else or other).

No longer supported, sorry. Not sure I even have the game still (it's not in Steam at least, dunno if it is somewhere else or other).
Sadness :( Well, I hoped & tried. I appreciete you informing me :)
I myself bought a second copy of EU Rome on steam during a sale around a year ago, since I couldn't find my copy either. (a shame the steam version isn't the final one)