• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SeedSnatcher said:
Question, why are Spanish Morocco, Vichy France, and Libya seemingly spared? Are there collaborationists amoungst the humans? Besides the African-Americans that fought alongside the Race. as I said, I've not read Worldwar, but I'm reading through the first book of Colonization, so please enlighten me... I know I'm silly for not reading Worldwar. :p

The Lizards which landed in West Africa moved east in order to link up to with the Egyptian landing. I'm sure Libya and Algeria will fall soon. I'm really surprised by how well the British have fared in North Africa so far.

I'm not sure how their supplies work germanpeon, I think Mbb designed it so they'd dwindle over time however. I know he gave them limited manpower. The Colonization fleet doesn't arrive on Earth until 1962.

As a sidenote, I really I hope I develop jets soon. After being mauled the first month I didn't do so badly, the Race most have had most of their killercraft in Eurasia; however in the last 20 days I've been getting annihilated, 4 squadrons destroyed. I just finished research on turbojets, and started researching mechanized infantry.

Last edited:
germanpeon said:
Wow, this is really great! I had not heard of the Worldwar or Colonization series before but I read about them on Wikipedia just now and I think Ill go pick them up.

In my opinion its a great series. I enjoyed all 8 books in the series.

germanpeon said:
Does The Race have cores on anything? Seems like they should, as they colonize the areas they take over. I dont see how else they are going to reinforce themselves, or is that the point?

In the books, the race had a HORRIBLE time of partisans in so many places. Most of them in Europe and China. The Areas with little war materials (India, Africa, South America basically) could hardly fight back. People fought for 'people over the race' basically. So I don't believe they should get cores (except in Poland)

germanpeon said:
Also, can you explain how supply (and the production of supplies for that matter) works for The Race?

My guess is wherever they landed a MASSIVE supply dump was placed. The Race had enough war materials for about a year then started facing severe shortages.

This is going to be a great AAR in my opinion so good luck. Also, if we are able to, could I see who the leaders for the Race are? Thanks in advance.

Panzer6 said:
This is going to be a great AAR in my opinion so good luck. Also, if we are able to, could I see who the leaders for the Race are? Thanks in advance.

I loaded up as the Race, because for some reason when they declared war on everyone they left out the Chicoms, so here you go. (Nationalist Spain is an Axis member so I don't know why they're not listed as such)

The Race.
racetechko7.png

I think the research on machine tools and construction is supposed to simulate the adaptation of the human industrial base to partially supply the conquest fleet. The other techs I find quite amusing. :D
theracequ3.png

Tim O said:
I think the research on machine tools and construction is supposed to simulate the adaptation of the human industrial base to partially supply the conquest fleet. The other techs I find quite amusing. :D
theracequ3.png

Well, its a surprise Drefsab is better at Atvar in skill they seemed equal to me. And Straha should be a skill three as he in my opinion was the smartest of them all in the initial invasion. But I must admit, I like the techs the race have to research. At that rate they will be up to par by '66, which sounds about right according to the series. :D

Following the series example, we should have some sexual intercourses every now and then?

Turtledove's writing is very rigoristic in this manner - every 2-3 chapters you get the sex scene. Wonder if he was pacing it like that deliberately or it's just his "style". :D

Anyway, good luck there - looks like Race is doing better then in the book. Go german railway siege cannons and Anielewicz's ŻOB! ;)

I borrowed the book yesterday and now I see there is an AAR :rofl:

Surely there is no such thing as a coincidence :D

I know Harry Turtledove and his books, but myself I don't like them. The alternate history is always so terrible stupid... But I'm glad to see that this AAR isn't. Great start!

Alojzy said:
Following the series example, we should have some sexual intercourses every now and then?

Turtledove's writing is very rigoristic in this manner - every 2-3 chapters you get the sex scene. Wonder if he was pacing it like that deliberately or it's just his "style". :D
No, please don't It's the one part I don't entirely like, makes Turtiledove seem stranger than he might already be. :p I mean, he made the Lizards mate much like humans, except they have seasons. And we have ginger. :D

Ah, finally someone decides to make an AAR about this! I've played the mod quite a bit actually myself but I'm not the AAR-making type. I find that one of the best strategies is to just let some of the Race's units wander off into nowhere and then cut them off from supply and take them out one by one.

Anyway, good luck!

Miihkali said:
I know Harry Turtledove and his books, but myself I don't like them. The alternate history is always so terrible stupid... But I'm glad to see that this AAR isn't. Great start!
Not really. I think he handled the Race EXTREMELY well as an alternate sapient species...only Homeward Bound really messed it up.

But the true alternate history--where history is altered simply due to a simple event changing--such as his Timeline 191 group of trilogies and quadriology(the series where the CSA wins the Civil War) is extremely well researched. I know people will scoff at things like Patton being a CSA general, but they need to do some serious investigating and research of their own before doing so. Turtledove has a doctorate in history after all. (Byzantinian history, but to get to that point you have to know how to research history well, which he does.) He knows what he's doing.

I would like to see The Race's technology tree as well. Are there screenshots in the mod thread?

Ziggyrunner08 said:
Is the mod able to simulate the Race not being able to fight as well during the winter?
That would be very easy to mod, in any case. As for the Patton thing, Wiki says he admired Singleton Mosby, and knelt in prayer to Lee and Jackson, believing them to be God and Jesus. Although I'm pretty sure it was more than a wiki article that made Turtledove want to make him a Confederate...

Last edited:
Apparently his ancestors were from Virginia, and moved to California AFTER they lost the Civil War. Since they won in his timeline, they didn't move.

The answer was either in this thread or recently in the MOD's thread...I remember that. :D

The problem with most alternate history literature is that the authors desperately want to include people we know from our timeline (like Patton) and put them into different situations.

In fact, any major change of our timeline would probably erase these people as well. Patton wouldn't have existed at all. In fact, all it would probably take to erase any person from history is a 5 minute chat with one of his/her parents.

But I admit it is a fun to read such stories ;)