• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(35351)

Shah of Persia
Oct 18, 2004
As I need a slight destraction from my Russian AAR to keep my mind of things and to gain some new inspiration, I decided to start a new AAR. A lot of countries have been done before, but I can't remember this being done before...

In the spirit of 'Revolutions' we'll play as the Rebel Scum(will be renamed to revolutionaries) and cause as many revolutions as possible and try to free as much nations as possible. It's possible to play as them, as long as you own a province. I need some advice on what province to make my home province and spread the world revolution? Only condition is that it's not in Europe or North America. The Carribean and South America have my personal preference. I'll add a new culture and religion, called revolutionary and anarchist, respectively. Also I'll create a party for the Rebels. (State Capitalism, Protectionism, full citizenship, jingoism, atheism)

My goals:
1) Every country needs to have at least one revolution
2) Liberate as much nations as possible
3) Wreak havoc upon the world

As the rebels have the advantage of gaining free divisions with each rebellion, I'm not allowed to make a single division (especially because I can reinforce my fellow revolutionaries). As there are multiple provinces which can't defect, if they are under my control I'll gain those after 4 years of occupation (1 year longer as to defect or declare independence).

This sounds awesome actually...good luck with it :D

But I'm quite curious as to how it will go...I foresee many epic struggles :D

Indeed. :cool: What fun, WT! How about Haiti for your home province. Goodness knows they have had their fair share of revolts over the years. ;)

Israel! Australia!

It's a real shame you can't put your capital in Europe, because I was going to suggest Geneva (where all the cool revolutionaries hanged out at some point of their careers ;) ).

I suppose you will have to settle for some tiny Carribean stronghold from which to plot world revolution. Though anachronistically, Cuba might be a nice choice as well.

A Victorian Rebel Scum AAR should be really fun, considering all those revolution events and whatnot. At last we'll get to see all those pretty flags, though those will probably be traitors to the revolution.

I suppose he is to set up a shop in Jamaica, with the customary whitehaired Persian for his stroking needs.

Jamaica is my suggestion :)

This seems like a reallycool idea :D

Hispaniola.jpg

I’ve decided to take Haiti as my home for revolutionary activities. Why? One word; Piracy. Tortuga was a base of pirates and it seemed like a good place to start from. Especially after I discovered that my navy will engage enemy ships, imagine pirate dreadnoughts, or better aircraft carriers.

RP.jpg

This is the Revolutionary Party. As you see it’s a jingoistic party, a revolution can’t be achieved peacefully, so that’s why it’s jingoistic. It’s full citizenship to attract immigrants and assimilate them into the greater ‘none’ culture. I found out that the revolutionaries can’t have a culture, so immigration is needed to research at all. But I don’t expect to be able to research until 1845-1850, if at all.

Budget-4.jpg

Ok, the budget doesn’t look too promising. The reason for such high military expenditure is easy to explain. Any revolt incited by event will get manpower according to my defense and army expenditure. So with full financing I’ll receive full strength divisions. Although I might cut education to 0% as I won’t be getting any RP’s anytime soon.

Now this was the introduction into the ‘Rebel Scum’, soon we’ll try to spread the revolution onwards. The only thing worth mentioning is the fact that I’ve to declare war to be able to enter my troops into enemy territory.

Tomorrow I’ll have a proper update ready. I’m looking forward to the Carlist War in Spain…

Yay! Haiti was a great choice!

Wannabe Tatar said:
I don’t expect to be able to research until 1845-1850, if at all.

I guess I was wrong about this... I won't be able to research at all... So I guess in 1930 we'll be fighting government troops with flintlock rifles.

Wannabe Tatar said:
I guess I was wrong about this... I won't be able to research at all... So I guess in 1930 we'll be fighting government troops with flintlock rifles.

Good luck. You're gonna need it really, really badly. :D

Wannabe Tatar said:

Ouch, that ain't fun :mad:

I'm looking forward to seeing how your game goes; this is a neat idea... Even though not being able to research is a drag, I think that it adds a level of realism to the scenario. Rebels are almost always at a technological and statistical disadvantage. Tactics will be the key to revolutionizing the world. :)

Thanks for all the support, I'll most definitely need it.

Egyptians in the army of Muhammad Ali headed the call for revolution and rose to arms. Unfortunately their effort was crushed within hours. A year later the brave soldiers from Kalat followed their idea. Just as the Egyptians before them, they were crushed as well.

EGY.jpg
KAL.jpg

Late 1837, however, proved to be a more active period for revolutionaries around the globe. Algeria saw it’s fair share of uprisings. Three armed uprisings by the sheep farmers took place, all were crushed immediately, except one in Tlmecen. Here 500 brave miners defeated 10,000 professional French soldiers, unfortunately, their success didn’t last long.

Ksour.jpg

Revolutionaries in Ksour

In South and Central America, 3 uprisings took place. One in San Jose by 300 disgruntled aristocrats, another one by 202 angry peasants in Cockabamba and last but not least, 204 miners were upset about something in La Paz.

Bolivia.jpg

Revolutionaries in Peru

In Asia, a 1000 brave soldiers defected from the Afghani Khan. The City of Herat now lay under siege from the courageous Afghan revolutionaries. However, the biggest revolutionary activity started just after Christmas in Vila Velha, Brazil. 20,000 Brazilians, angry about not getting their Christmas presents in time, revolted against the King.

BRZ-1.jpg

Our best hope for Revolution in 1838

It should be noted that I've sold all my starting stock, except canned food and small arms, and I bought 10 regular clothes to reinforce any successful revolutionaries. I've reduced my education spending to 0, as it's pretty useless for me.

However, the biggest revolutionary activity started just after Christmas in Vila Velha, Brazil. 20,000 Brazilians, angry about not getting their Christmas presents in time, revolted against the King.
Oh, no! :eek:

I'd also like to congratulate you for how promising this AAR seems!

Wow, this Aar is pretty cool! :eek: