• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

freiman

Recruit
Jun 11, 2020
I was thinking about faction reputations. I was thinking that it would make sense (and add a bit of depth) if the player occasionally got a hit squad sent out to kill them and their lance. The hit squad would be a level appropriate lance appearing in the same manner that OPFOR reinforcements or ambushers appear.

Instead of Darius popping up with a box saying "If I was staging an ambush, this is where I would do it" a different portrait appears and "Kill Team Commander" says something like "The Magistry has decreed you must die for your crimes" or something similarly sinister. It could turn a two skull mission into a four and a half skull mission in a heartbeat.

This is probably something that has already been implemented by somebody.

Hmmm... knowing what little I know about the contracts, I'm not sure if it would be possible to actually have that happen during a mission. It would, however, be possible to fire an event based on Loathed reputation (I think.) Maybe something that causes injuries, a loss of c-bills or mechbay/medbay capacity, or maybe even mech damage (not sure if that last one is possible.) There would need to be a useful choice for the player to make, but it could happen.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think there is a mod that has the Bounty Hunter ambush you (B Extended or 3062 Advanced, not the Heavy Metal mini-campaign), although I cannot remember the specific trigger.