• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ChasingSummer

Recruit
28 Badges
Apr 16, 2021
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
I think it would be a really cool idea to help add to the role playing aspect and single player experience if there was a sort of simulated News Media in the game. Something that played on events that you did or other empires did has voice over content. My reasons for this idea are:

While the event text boxes are great and do really well for empire achievements and the exploration/discovery aspect I don't think it provides a sense of interaction between empires. The galaxy still never feels busy or alive in my opinion despite the great work in providing rich detail to all the events.

The game (single players anyways) starts to feel lonely and quiet mid to late game and is just filled with constant notifications. If these notifications were replaced with some sort of soft voice over plus the pop up I think it would really add impact to all the things going on.

The idea came to me watching the launch trailer for Nemesis and listening to that. Just seemed like it would be really add to the immersion and make the galaxy feel busier and more alive to have in game voice announcements on empire interactions. Though the amount of work that would probably be required means this will likely never happen lol.

Reactions: