• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now for those asked for screenshots.

In the beginning Novgorod was a midsized nation, looking a bit larger because of rather big provinces. There are two steppe provinces that didn't fit on this shot.

By the end of the game Russia was probably the biggest country in terms of land mass (but not province number) on the planet. Here's a shot of most of European Russia. Note that Poland was a vassal and likely target for dipoannexation.

Finnish Russia. One of Novgorod's first conquests. You can still see the effects of the Novgorod-Polish wars in the few Polish provinces in the area. Novgorod was almost completely destroyed at one point. :eek:

Once the Mongol Khanates to the east were broken and Russia formed, the great march east began.

They marched east.

And east.

And east.

Still going.

Just a little more to go.

Nearly there.

Until they finally hit the Pacific Ocean.

By the end marching soldiers from one end of Russia to another was an adventure, and I was lucky to have allies on Russia's western border, making that end safe.

P.S. Reply to comments at the end of the last page. Sorry I bumped it off. :eek:o

Now for Italy.

From it's humble beginnings as the smallish but rich state of Venice.

To the new Roman Empire, rivaled only by France with their huge conquests in Europe and Africa, and England with her immense colonies. Theoretically Russia as well, but the big tech disadvantage would unfortuantely put Russia in the second tier, despite their having the largest manpower pool (bigger than France's, and France was the Emperor of the HRE :p ).

Here we have Italy proper and many of it's Balkan possessions.

New Rome and Italy's extensive holdings in Greece, Anatolia, the Levant, and Egypt.

Some eastern holdings.

Italy even came to rule over Arabia, and capture the famous cities of Mecca and Medina.

A better view of Italy's Egyptian holdings.

Italy had some holdings on the East and South coasts of Africa, although France owned far more land on the continent.

New Italy never rebelled, because to the end of Italy's last turn, an option to release Venezuela was never given. I guess they aren't in the game, or maybe can't be released until very late (would have to be after 1811 when Italy finished)?

Laslty, Italy's Indian possessions. Conquest of the subcontinent might finally have given Italy the advantage over France and England they long sought, but we'll never know for sure.

Wow, finally managed to finish reading the whole AAR. Great epic, I'm very impressed by the fact that you pulled it through to the end, 350 years in less than 4 months!

My favourite unexpected moments were finding those pesky English already settled in the Pacific coast and your Italian campaign in India :D

Wow, excellent job with both nations. Two incredibly massive empires, well done.

aldriq Thanks! The sad thing is two of those months didn't even see any updates. :eek:o England beating Russia to the Pacific was quite an unpleasant surprise, although it certainly made thing interesting. With Italy I faced their last turn without knowing what to do, since the Mamluks had been annexed and facing France would have been suicidal. India had been a planned target for my defunct Navarra campaign, so I revived it for Italy's last turn. :D

rcduggan Thanks, it was a lot of fun. I've never even managed to take one nation to create an empire so big before, it was great to do it with two.

aHuman(oid) Take your time, there's a lot of years to cover. :)

Should have done the unlimited time mod, then when it was just Russia and Italy left on the entire world, start a full scale World War

:eek: You've been hiding an AAR from me! I don't know whether to be angry that you didn't tell me or awed at the size of your empires...

and yeah it's me, I got EU3 a few days ago, nice read here.

*moves on to read other two AARs*

Dylan305 At the time I was pretty awed just to have managed to play a whole game from start to 1821, but that would have been interesting. I suspect Italy would have won. :)

Hey, EF. Sadly, my conquests here are nothing compared to what some players manage in their aars. :eek: Hope you enjoy EU3. :)