• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((voting closed, update tomorrow or on sunday))

((I do believe it was sunday yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that Belgium is in the same time zone as I (CET). Or maybe they follow the belgian waffle calender :p))

((I do believe it was sunday yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that Belgium is in the same time zone as I (CET). Or maybe they follow the belgian waffle calender :p))
((Yes, it was, but I was unable to update. Normally I should be able to update today though :p))

((ANNOUNCEMENT: Some more delay, as my EUIV on this PC got corrupted, so I've to do a reinstall. I've plenty of save backups though, so don't worry about that. Basically, I won't be able to update until the weekend))

Chapter XXXVII

On the 1st of September 1636, the King of Brandenburg was crowned king of Prussia. After most of the parliament voted in favour of this. New elections were called, and the old von Spinoza became Lord High Chancellor, a decision which seemed rather strange to most of the parliament.

Peace didn't lasted long however, in the north, a former ally of Prussia (back in the days when it was still called Brandenburg), looked to rapidly invade the Livonian Order while Prussia was rebuilding their armed forces. In May 1639 Scandinavian forces delivered the declaration of war.

But Scandinavia underestimated Prussia, the Prussian armies honoured the call to arms by their ally, bringing Burgundy along. Scandinavia responded with dragging Britain and it's colonies into war. The land powers of Burgundy and Prussia were at war with the naval powers of Britain and Scandinavia, in a war that would be known as the Baltic War.
1TA8u9K.png

player Actions Needed

TJDS, make a new budget with 745 ducats, after that I need plans from the dukes.
The rest, feel free to propose some legalisation for Prussia.

Deadline is 20/11/14

Karl Christian von Eltmann, 2nd Duke of Pommern, died in 1635 at the age of 71. He would never see Brandenburg become Prussia, something about which he would likely be rather relieved. He was succeeded as Duke of Pommern and Count of Neumark by his grandson, Johann Erasmus von Eltmann, born 1604, who became the third duke and fifth count. The 3rd duke was subsequently summoned to Parliament in 1636.

((I'll put up a proper biography when I have more time.))

Johann Erasmus von Eltmann, 3rd Duke of Pommern

23da78079fa0f057915c50b1c8429d53_zpscd3706dd.jpg

Born in 1604 to Johann Karl von Eltmann, Count of Neumark (1584-1609), the eldest son of the 2nd Duke of Pommern, Johann Erasmus von Eltmann was raised largely by his uncle, Lord Erasmus von Eltmann (1586-1663).

Upon the death of his grandfather in 1635, he acceded to the peerage as the 3rd Duke of Pommern and the 5th Count of Neumark. He later assumed a seat in the first Prussian Parliament in 1636.

00002800_von%20Hardenburg.jpg

Name: Joachim Eckbert von Fürstenberg
Date of Birth: 1608
Religion: Protestant
Bio: Originally beginning as a soldier in the Brandenburgian army, Joachim Eckbert von Fürstenberg rose to the Prussian Parliament in 1638 through his diplomatic upbringing by his father, Wilhelm von Fürstenberg. His strong support for the formation of Prussia prompted modest attention to his position as one of the Parliamentary members, eventually, his strong sentiment for the support of the Livonian Order against Scandanavia's advances made him an influential figure in the Parliament.
Traits: Skilled Tactician//Quick//Scholar//Hedonist//Proud//Just//Inspiring Leader

*von Fürstenburg rises to speak*
"My fellow Prussians, as a man who believes in justice, I only find it just for Scandinavia to be punished rightly for their actions against our good allies to the east. Once we establish dominance over the cowards, we should seek to shatter their diplomatic network by forcing them to cancel dealings with their allies in London, any additional land that can be taken should also be absorbed, perhaps the territory in what used to be the Kingdom of Denmark?"
(Changes matter to legislation)
"I strongly support increasing our trade income in order to take further advantage of the lucrative income in Lübeck or perhaps even the moderately-valuable Baltic Sea. Thus, it is of the utmost importance that in the long-run we seek naval dominance as a supplement to our army's strength. I hereby propose a naval fleet reform and expansion, focusing particularly on our merchant ships."
*Takes his seat once more*

((Hope it isn't too late to join! I just found this thread and it looks very enjoyable. Please correct me if I said or did anything wrong.))

Last edited:
((Wlecome Bartholomew! Of course it's never too late to join, and I'm glad to have you on board!))

482px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Brandenburg.svg.png

The Budget of the Kingdom of Prussia:
or, the Allocation of Funds for the Betterment of the Realm and His Royal Highness, King of Prussia, King of Brandenburg, Prince of Hesse, Duke of Brandenburg, etc., King Heinrich I & III von Hohenzollern

The total wealth of the Kingdom of Prussia is currently 745 Brandenburger Mark and we have repayed our debt, thus I, Franz Johann Herman von Bavel-Baltzwischen-Öberlausitz, hereby sought it fit to divise this budget for the King and Kingdom of Prussia:

To the Right, Honourable Lords of Prussia,
with again the urge that they spend their new gained wealth to protect the King and the Kingdom of Prussia and to invest their new gained wealth in Prussia heself to increase the wealth of the people, by investing in the Royal Artillery Corps and Infantry Regiments, for our Infantry and Artillery are not ready for war, while the Royal Cavalary is.

50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Lausitz
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Mitte
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Saxony
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Mecklenburg
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Brunswick-Lauenburg
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Pommern
50 Brandenburger Mark to the Duke of Östpreußen
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Ruppin
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Anhalt
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Thüringen
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Öberlausitz
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Lüneburg
30 Brandenburger Mark to the Count of Warmia
25 Brandenburger Mark to the High Lord Chancellor
25 Brandenburger Mark to the Lord Treasurer
25 Brandenburger Mark to the Grand Admiral

----

605 Brandenburger Mark to the Right, Honourable Lords of Prussia.

The Remainder and any future incomes I dedicate to the King's sole usage as he sees fit, be it for expenditures of the realm or for apportionment at a future date.

Franz Johann Herman von Bavel-Baltzwischen-Oberlausitz, By the Grace of our King and the Most Holy Lord, Graf of Öberlausitz, Baron of Baltzwischen, Head of the von Bavel Family, Lord Steward and Head of the Bavel Handels Compangie, High Admiral of the Bavel Handels Compangie, Chief Financier and Honourary Admiral of the Most Loyal and Most Honourable Köninglich Kriegsmarine von dem Köningreich Preußen, Right, Honourable Lord Treasurer of His Majesty, the King of Prussia

Last edited:
((So, wait, I'm Lord High Chancellor now? What are my duties?))

((So, have I become general, or is it still the king?))

((So, have I become general, or is it still the king?))

((The Tracking Sheet does not mention you as a General, so I think that the King is still the general))

((I was looking for another iAAR to join and this one looked interesting. I hope no one minds me joining in. :)

Name: Sebastian von Habsburg
Date of Birth: 21 May 1620
Nationality: Austrian
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Seventh son of a distant cousin of the Austrian Habsburg king, Sebastian had little hopes of a decent inheritance and was forgotten by his father for most of his childhood. It was only on his 18th birthday that his father started paying attention to him, which also happened to be around the time that his father went insane. The man demanded that Sebastian marry his sister, claiming that their progeny would be likely to inherit the "genius trait". Since he had no interest in incest and having children with the famous "Habsburg Jaw", Sebastian fled the country and sheltered in Prussia. While young upon entering the kingdom of Prussia, he does his best to please the people of his new home, although the fear of his family coming to reclaim him is always at the back of his mind.
Charismatic Negotiator//Genius//Chaste//Honest//Brave//Content//Paranoid))

Last edited:
((I was looking for another iAAR to join and this one looked interesting. I hope no one minds me joining in. :)

Name: Sebastian von Habsburg
Date of Birth: 21 May 1620
Nationality: Austrian
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Seventh son of a distant cousin of the Austrian Habsburg king, Sebastian had little hopes of a decent inheritance and was forgotten by his father for most of his childhood. It was only on his 18th birthday that his father started paying attention to him, which also happened to be around the time that his father went insane. The man demanded that Sebastian marry his sister, claiming that their progeny would be likely to inherit the "genius trait". Since he had no interest in incest and having children with the famous "Habsburg Jaw", Sebastian fled the country and sheltered in Prussia. While young upon entering the kingdom of Prussia, he is brave and well-spoken. He does his best to please the people of his new home, although the fear of his family coming to reclaim him is always at the back of his mind.))

((Yay, love the CK traits. I've been pushing for everyone to add CK education traits to their bios :p))