• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hate it, it cost too much funds and my treasury is already emptying due to some disloyal aristocrats.

Graf von Bavel-Baltzwischen

Once again, the corrupt treasury uses money that rightfully belongs to the Peerage, and once again it pays for unneeded luxury! I demand to see records of where the treasury got the ducats for this redecoration!

Once again, the corrupt treasury uses money that rightfully belongs to the Peerage, and once again it pays for unneeded luxury! I demand to see records of where the treasury got the ducats for this redecoration!

Be silent you fool,

Your act only makes it harder for His Majesty to pay for his armies and his administration. The treasury recieves its funds from toll and provincial taxes on His Majesty's own land and everytime there is a shortage, I and the few remaining loyal aristocrats pay for it, if you truly believe that I stole from "your" land, which honestly should be owned by His Majesty, and is actually still owned by him, you are just the idiot he gave it to.

A rather annoyed Franz von Bavel-Baltzwischen

The land should be owned by his majesty you say? I think you misunderstand the values of a fedual monarchy. We, the nobles, own the land and have a certain autonomy of it. We have bended the knee to his majesty however, that is something completely different. Also, calling nobles of higher status than yourself, an idiot, is very below your rank and you have no right to say that.

~ Prinz Charles de Bourgogne von Thüringia, Most Benevolent, autonomous, noble, great, fantastic, honest, manly, #TheMoreNobleThanYou, Duke of Jylland and Prinz of Thüringia

You do know Thüringia isn't a Principality - it is a Landgrave - which makes both our ducal dynasties equal, thus I advice you show some respect for your equal. Also you are nothing without the land given to you by His Majesty, you should serve at His Majesty's whim, not the other way around - something which this untrustworthy family does not understand, as one can recall their rebellion to remove one of His Majesty's ancestors.

The only one I can recall of that did something like that, it was to remove a corrupt and unjust king. The other, non-religious revolution, was none from my dynasty. You can check our family tree, there is none of those. In the only revolution I know of, is when the my ancestor, removed the king mentioned before, only to make another Hohenzollern king, whilst giving the country a bill of rights.

The only one I can recall of that did something like that, it was to remove a corrupt and unjust king. The other, non-religious revolution, was none from my dynasty. You can check our family tree, there is none of those. In the only revolution I know of, is when the my ancestor, removed the king mentioned before, only to make another Hohenzollern king, whilst giving the country a bill of rights.

Ah the loyal vassal, decreasing the power of the King for the "good" of the nation, please, tell me, when is your family's goal to destroy His Majesty's power going to stop, now, or when you traitors have all the power?

The land should be owned by his majesty you say? I think you misunderstand the values of a fedual monarchy. We, the nobles, own the land and have a certain autonomy of it. We have bended the knee to his majesty however, that is something completely different. Also, calling nobles of higher status than yourself, an idiot, is very below your rank and you have no right to say that.

~ Prinz Charles de Bourgogne von Thüringia, Most Benevolent, autonomous, noble, great, fantastic, honest, manly, #TheMoreNobleThanYou, Duke of Jylland and Prinz of Thüringia

All the lands belong to the king. We oversee the land in exchange for His Majesty's protection just as the peasants oversee the lands in exchange for the protection of the dukes, counts, and barons.

Aye to the war with France. Glory must be brought to Prussia!
-Albrechtvon Spinoza, Regent of the County of Anhalt during the sickness of Count Friedrich
((I mean, if we go out, go out with a bang!))

Be silent you fool,

Your act only makes it harder for His Majesty to pay for his armies and his administration. The treasury recieves its funds from toll and provincial taxes on His Majesty's own land and everytime there is a shortage, I and the few remaining loyal aristocrats pay for it, if you truly believe that I stole from "your" land, which honestly should be owned by His Majesty, and is actually still owned by him, you are just the idiot he gave it to.

A rather annoyed Franz von Bavel-Baltzwischen

Who is the real fool here? Dear Bavel-Baltzwischen, baseless accusations and insults flows from your direction like shit from a shovel. I spend just as much gold on national defense and warfare as anyone else, aiding His Majesty the King whenever he asks for it. I was merely putting forth my concerns that the funds for redecorating the palace not appearing in any budget, and that the money thus might have been taken from the rightful income of the realm's Peers. The Bill of Rights clearly guarantees that our rents and taxes are protected from being seized by the Crown, so I think I have the right to be concerned. I do not know from where you've gotten this idea of His Majesty the King owning absolutely everything within the kingdom of Prussia, if you can please point out the specific legislature which establishes this, I would be very interested in learning more about it.

We can not all be equally well-versed in the laws of our realm, but I must say that I expected our lord treasurer to be slightly more knowledgeable than this... My fellow lords, how do you feel about having a lord treasurer who clearly knows less about the right of ownership than a rock knows about swimming?

Last edited:
BrandenburgSeal_zpsfa0ef6d0.jpg

Message From the House Hohenzollern
We are saddened to announce that today, 22 October, in the year of our lord 1656, King Friedrich Wilhelm I, king of Prussia, passed away in his sleep. His son Friedrich Wilhelm I von Hohenzollern will be the new king of Prussia.

Introduction of the New King
Friedrich Wilhelm II von Hohenzollern is known for his superior tactical skill ((6 military)), his good administrative knowledge ((4)) and his decent diplomatic skill ((3)). He's very religious, and barely tolerates anything other then protestantism ((6)), he's arbitrary ((4)) and in general, considered a cruel man ((5)).

Congratulations on your accession to the throne, sire! May your reign be long and glorious.
-Albrecht von Spinoza, regent of the County of Anhalt

Long live the king!

- Sebastian von Habsburg

((Oh dear. A cruel and arbitrary ruler who barely tolerates non-Protestants. Catholics beware. :p))

The king is dead, long live our new king. May his reign be long and prosperous.

~ Prince Charles 'The Bear of Jutland' de Bourgogne, Prinz of Thüringia and Duke of Jylland

God save the king!

Trajan privately grumbles about the new king's Protestant fantaticism
[Private-Andre Massena]
Hush! You wouldn't want the king hear, would you? Hold your tongue, or else your head will be on the chopping block!

[Private-Andre Massena]
Hush! You wouldn't want the king hear, would you? Hold your tongue, or else your head will be on the chopping block!

((Private-GUK))

Perhaps we can Maximilianize the establishment if you know what I mean

Trajan winks at Spinoza

Long Live the King! May his rule be wise and long!

~John Copletios

((Private-GUK))

Perhaps we can Maximilianize the establishment if you know what I mean

Trajan winks at Spinoza
((Private-Andre))
Sometimes, Trajan, I have difficulty figuring out when you are joking or not. One would hope you are, considering your near-treasonous statements, but knowing you...

((Also, I prefer GuG, Andre.

((just a quick headsup - I'm leaving to Paris tomorrow, and still have some stuff to prepare, so don't expect any update before Wednesday ;)))