• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((In most IAARs, you can join in whenever you want. :) Hope to see you participating soon, Korona!))

((Great! Two questions before I post my character though. What year is it? How will I introduce my character into Parliament?))

((1634 (I think); just create your character profile and debate away. No special introduction required!))

-All of this post is OOC-

A painting of Julius in his later years
Frans_Hals_-_Paulus_Beresteyn%2C_rechter_te_Haarlem.jpg

Name: Julius Becker
Date of Birth: 4th of March, 1600.
Nationality: North German
Religion: Catholic
Position((void if I'm just screwing things up)): Baron of Naugard
Bio: Julius was the only son of Baron Johannes of Naugard, and he grew up, experiencing a relatively uninteresting childhood. When he became the Baron of Naugard,
he immediately aspired to go to Parliament. Julius loved politics and diplomacy, so you can imagine he was more than excited when he
(insert joining Parliament event here because I'm too lazy to think up one). Where will Julius go now, what will he accomplish? Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I second the motion that we change the name of this kingdom to Prussia, but in official documents
we use the title of Brandenburg-Prussia.

- Julius Becker, Baron of Naugard.

August_d.J..jpg

Name: Heinrich II Julius von Staffelde, Herzog von Braunschweig und Lüneburg
Date of Birth: 10 April 1579
Nationality: Upper German
Religion: Protestant

The former Duke of Braunschweig-Lüneburg managed to outlive all but one of his sons. The eldest, Urban Julius, died in an accident in 1634, about year prior to his father’s demise. The second, Heinrich Zabel, was killed in battle against Catholic zealots in 1612. The third son, however, did survive his youth and succeeded his father upon the old man’s death. The father lived to the age of 80, and only seldom did he intervene in the politics of Brandenburg.

Heinrich II was unknown to the court or parliament, as he spent most of his time in his library when he wasn’t reluctantly administering his lands. He did have a great interest in politics however, and with his new position as duke, he did start trying to pull some strings, although he did not really have much experience in this field. At his first visit to the court, the aging, white-bearded Duke was heard asking out loud to no-one in particular:

“I couldn’t possibly see how changing the name of our State could offend anyone! I would definitely approve of changing the name to Brandenburg-Preussen.

One of his first acts as Duke of Braunschweig-Lüneburg was to establish an artillery regiment called das 1ste Braunschweigische-Lünburgische Artillerieregiment.

“I couldn’t possibly see how changing the name of our State could offend anyone! I would definitely approve of changing the name to Brandenburg-Preussen.

Sir, that is not the matter at hand. Rather, the debate surrounds the motion to crown His Majesty as King of Prussia as well as King of Brandenburg. While simply changing the name of our state may not offend anyone, His Majesty wearing a second crown may.

~Karl Christian von Eltmann, 2nd Duke of Pommern

Perhaps he could be called King in Prussia?
~Count von Spinoza in a rare moment of clarity

You're all a bunch o' fools! Why not crown our King King of Prussia? I fully support crowning our glorious monarch King of Prussia!

~ Konrad Hector Percy, 3rd Duke of Lausitz, 3rd Count of Niederlausitz, and 3rd Baron of Berlin

You're all a bunch o' fools! Why not crown our King King of Prussia? I fully support crowning our glorious monarch King of Prussia!

~ Konrad Hector Percy, 3rd Duke of Lausitz, 3rd Count of Niederlausitz, and 3rd Baron of Berlin

Because, sir, doing so would serve no purpose whatsoever. What on Earth would be gained via this exercise in vanity aside from a new crown for His Majesty and the mistrust of our neighbours?

Because, sir, doing so would serve no purpose whatsoever. What on Earth would be gained via this exercise in vanity aside from a new crown for His Majesty and the mistrust of our neighbours?

Our hubris will be our downfall.

~ Otto IV von Altmark

A messenger from the court of Luneburg arrives at the Parliament carrying a letter. He gives the letter to a member of the Parliament before departing. Breaking the seal, the noble reads the letter:

"My esteemed nobles of Brandenburg. I apologize for my absence from recent Parliament meetings. Fortune does not smile upon me, for I recently contracted lung fever ((pneumonia)). Luckily, God has shown mercy and my doctor believes I will recover. When I do, I shall immediately set off to the Parliament. As for now, I shall rest.

Meanwhile, I would like to congratulate the late King on his victory over the Teutons. Brandenburg has been truly blessed by God. I have been informed that some members of the Parliament are calling for the creation of the kingdom of Prussia. I myself support this notion. Not only will it strengthen our prestige and prove our glory to the world, but it will also give us legitimate claims on Western Prussia."

~ Karl von Stade, Count of Luneburg