- Jul 17, 2010
The goal of these "A Suggestion for Improvement" series, is to make fast and easy changes to greatly improve the game.
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Military & War
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Management
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Diplomacy & View
Imperator:Rome - A Suggestion for Improvement: Mission UI
This thread will be updated if a major suggestion comes to mind either from me or from anyone else.
This thread will be discontinued and make a new thread whenever a new version comes.
This only contains photoshopped images of suggestions to improve visibility.
This suggestion is greatly influenced by some clever design choices from the "1.3 Better UI" mod.
ArmiesThis army view is much cleaner and have more information.
1. Average Experience for this army at the bottom just beside Enslavement Chance.
2. A button to open a tab of all this army's recent battles at the very top. No more 30 popups when defeating 1k stacks with your 15 armies. Also easy to find the battles that interest you. (Important battles that are same sized or larger armies should maybe still be a popup)
3. Easily seen Martial skill of your general at the top where the useless flag used to be.
4. Unit Types in the army are automatically sorted after each other.
5. There is a tab at the right-bottom side to remove individual units from view.
6. Loyalty is shown and easily seen
7. Army morale and Food supply bars are both placed with each other - easily to see which is which
1. Flag to whom control this army. Since you can only open your own army anyway it is not needed.
2. Individual units names. Not necessary to know where your units are from. Doesn't matter since they reinforce from the manpower pool which is nation based and not provincial based.
1. Army Template in the Macro Builder.
2. Navies should use manpower. It’s not really necessary to introduce sailors, as manpower is already a mechanic of your available men to train and take arms on both land and at sea.
BattlesBattles that is 5k vs 1k that only is flanking and taking months to finish should use a tactic to reorganize, maybe taking a few losses, but will attack properly with the whole army.
MercenariesNot allowed to hire mercenaries that is far away and in war enemy’s territories.
Mercenaries will move to other places in search of work if the only nation nearby haven’t hired them for a long time. (Should always be at least 1 in each Region though)
War ViewThis shows things in a more orderly order. Shows total navy and troops numbers, as well as manpower. It’s easier to see the war score.
There are 5 buttons at the top-middle which let you sort by war exhaustion, each nations individual troops - and more.
Sue for Peace ViewProperly show which provinces you have claims on when deciding on the peace treaty.
The lack of this and since you can’t see your claim when having occupied the enemy territory makes it near impossible finding your claims. The only way say trying to see if you get massive aggressive expansion or not for taking said province
Map ViewShow claims even when at war, truce - just always show where you have claims.
VassalsAllow to give orders to vassal armies, at the cost of diplomatic opinion. For example -20 with each order. It would not cost anything to say “Do as you please” - basically what they are doing now. (Too many orders would make the vassal disloyal.
DiplomaticWhen Claiming territories, basically go into province map mode showing the provinces names and borders while also showing the color of the nation.
Outliner“Army2” should automatically be placed right after “Army1” in the outliner and so on.
Customize the outliner
Customize the outliner
Manually create categories, and possibility to drag armies between the categories.
Example of how it could have looked: