• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazanov

Tawantinsuyu Irredentist
85 Badges
May 30, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
A Storm from the West part IV: The Baktun of the Holy War.

chocli2.png

I finally start part IV of the AAR i started back in 2018 and have slowly continued over the years, this is a Megacampaign that started with a small Phoenician Kingdom that fell in Eu4 and then migrated to the American Continent in a small mod i made for CK2 and were assimilated by the Mayans, after that they invaded Europe and had many strange adventures. I never expected to continue this in CK3 before seeing Vicky 3 but if i have some luck i hope part VI is in that game :p

Many unexpected things have happened in all parts, in part I the Romans were conquered by the Etruscans, who in turn expanded into most of Europe and then collapsed in part III, the Huns went crazy and conquered most of the world in short periods of time and the Mayans had to convert to Christianity to save the world from becoming the playground of the nomadic hordes....and when everything seemed to be controlled the Slavs showed up and conquered most of Western Europe. In this part i will be playing with the following mods:

- Sunset Invasion
- Community Flavor Pack
- More Faith Icons
- Sunset Invasion CFP Compatibility Patch
- A small mod made with localizations and gfx.

This time, and to make things more difficult because the Mayans (who will from now be called Atlantean-Mayans) conquered a lot of lands in Part III i will be playing as a minor and irrelevant Duke and my few lands will surely get invaded by the Nahua from beyond the sea i will have the following objectives:

- Conquer all the provinces with a "Maya" Culture
- Convert all these lands to a custom faith i made
- Survive the onslaught of Christians and Nahua
- Form the Third Mayan Empire and then return to the Mayab.

Rulers and chapters of the Current Part.

Introduction Part I: The Protagonists of the Migration Period

Introduction Part II : The Survivors from the Hellenic Period

Mayan High Priesthood and Duchy of the Atlantean Islands (825-830)
High Priest Pacal Q'uk'umatz, 825-830 CE. ( The Baktun of the Holy War, Part I )

Duchy of the Atlantean Islands (830-949)

Duke Ixbalanqué Q'uk'umatz, 872- 929 . ( The Baktun of the Holy War, Part II , A simple-minded fool , The Masquerade , The Masquerade II , A Crusader's Heart )
Duke Balam-Quitzé Q'uk'umatz 929-941 . ( Flower War, Might makes right )
Duke Ixbalanqué Q'uk'umatz II 941- 949 ( An Empire Across the Sea, Part 1 , An Empire Across the Sea, part 2, The decay of Tonalquizayan )

Kings of Kaabu (949-1032)
King Ixbalanqué Q'uk'umatz 949-972 (The decay of Tonalquizayan)
King Hunahpuh Q'uk'umatz 949-1003 (The decay of Tonalquizayan)
King Nochhuetl Q’uk’umatz 1003-1032 (The decay of Tonalquizayan)

Empire of Tonalquizayan (1032- 1442)
Emperor Nochhuetl Q’uk’umatz 1032-1058 (Words are Stronger than Steel)
Emperor Coatl Q’uk’umatz 1058-1066 (Words are Stronger than Steel)
Emperor Yahya Q’uk’umatz 1066-1138 (Words are Stronger than Steel)
Emperor Yahya II Q'uk'umatz 1138-1182 (One God, one Empire, one dynasty)
Emperor Abdul-Kareem Q'uk'umatz 1182-1253 (One God, one Empire, one dynasty)
Empress Cala Q'uk'umatz 1253-1307 ( A Threat from the east )
Emperor Muuk'naal Q'uk'umatz 1307-1324 ( The Mongol invasion )
Emperor Muuk'naal II "The Impaler" Q'uk'umatz 1324-1351 ( The Mongol invasion , A Century of Holy Wars )
Emperor Muuk'naal III Q'uk'umatz 1351-1386 ( A Century of Holy Wars )
Emperor Muuk'naal IV Q'uk'umatz 1386-1415( A Century of Holy Wars )
Emperor Muuk'naal V Q'uk'umatz 1415-1442( A Century of Holy Wars , The Continental War )

Neo Mayan Empire (1442)
Emperor Muuk'naal VI Q'uk'umatz 1442-1465 ( In the name of God )

Epilogue

Other parts of the AAR:

Part II: The Exiles
Part III: Sunset Invasion

Last edited:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Introduction, part 1: The protagonists of the Migration Period

Introduction, part 1: The protagonists of the Migration Period​

Fragments of “A century after the dissolution of the Mediterranean Confederation”, by Heraldus of Ravenna, 872 CE.

“For many historians is still surprising to look to the past and realize that a century ago most Christian realms were united into a single Confederation and that they elected their leaders without the rivalries of today (1), Etruscans, Vandals, Greeks, Mayans, Phoenicians, all had their opportunity to take the mantle of Emperor and rule with the support of the Papacy to protect the interests of Christianity against the violent invasions of the Hunnic Hordes and the Slavic tribes. But once the eastern threat ended, the Hunnic Hordes started to settle in the lands they had conquered and many Slavic tribes converted to Christianity there was no need for the continuation of the Mediterranean Confederation, or at least that’s what the noble Houses of the period believed. Now more than before time had shown us that without the unity, peace and prosperity that the Confederation gave us, we are not better than the Huns and wage petty wars between ourselves instead of focusing our forces on expanding Christianity like in the past. […] The Pope represents the divine authority on earth but even if he has recently managed to unite all the Italian duchies after the fall of the Kingdom of Etruria, he has not been able to stop the endless and unprecedented state of violence between Christians that the past century has seen.

cV1hd4b.png

I lost the screenshots of Part III thanks to an inopportune virus, but the Mediterranean Confederation encompassed all Fraticelli lands except the Armenian territories and Mali.

But to understand the current state of affairs we must study what happened during the migration period and why people like the Atlanteans and the Vandals came to live in such places like Byzantium or Sardinia […]

The Slavic Tribes.

EuVc4fp.jpg

330-340 Sarmato-Slavic invasion of the Empire of Lydia, the Volhynian tribes settle in Anatolia.

535 The Polish tribes liberate the valley of the Vistula river from the Ugekid Horde and start a general migration to the west taking advantage of the complete state of chaos caused by the First Great Hunnic War in Western Europe.
540 Pomeranian-Polabian invasion of Central Europe.
541 The Czech invades Raetia and create their own Kingdom.
545 A group of Slavic tribes invade Gaul, they became known as the Galliya after assimilating the native population and expelling the Frankish tribes from the region.
550 Some Polish tribes invade Scandinavia fleeing from the advance of the Shambatid Horde.

555 Taking advantage of the end of the First Great Hunnic War many Slavic tribes settle in the Balkans and most of them convert to Christianity.

Some historians say that the Migration Period started with the invasion of Sarmatian-Slavic tribes to the Empire of Lydia and with the Slavic princesses taking control of it they ended the Hellenic period of domination in Eastern Europe with such speed, that the chaos that followed engulfed the entire continent. The descendants of these invaders are now called the “Volhynians” and live to this day as subjects in the Empire of the Frontier, most of them have been converted to Christianity over time.

Ak5IAEo.jpg

After these events there are records of Slavs serving under the command of the Ostrogothic and Hunnic invaders that came from the end, but nothing would have made even the craziest writer of the period about what was about to happen.

In the middle of the 6th century a great migration wave came from the east and displaced or killed millions in their advance taking advantage of the Hunnic hordes becoming weakened by the First Great Hunnic war, most of Central and Western Europe became populated to this day by many different Slavic tribes.

qyR2n62.jpg

The important of them were the Galliya and the Czech who converted to Christianity and created powerful Kingdoms, the Raetian Kingdom was capable to defeat by themselves an invasion from the Mediterranean Confederation in the first half of the 8th century, inflicting one of the few defeats the Christian Empire suffered during their existence.

Bt8pRhS.jpg

The Galliya is a culture that appeared in the mod WTWSMS of CK2 when the Slavs mixed with the Gallic population.

The Huns

lARME3J.jpg

300? Arrival of the Huns in the east, triggering the Sarmato-Slavic migration to the south

360-370 First Etruscan-Hunnic War ended in a Pyrric victory for the Etruscans after the defeat in the Battle of Heves in 366 and a culminated with a disastrous civil war in the Hunnic Empire.
415 The Ugekid Horde invades the Etruscan heartlands, murdering millions and completely destroying Ravenna, the historical Etruscan Capital.
420 Expansion of the Hunnic Empire into southern Italy.
490 Askungur “The Monster” of the Sinnion Horde conquers Anatolia
493 The Shambatid Horde conquers the totality of Gaul
495 The Utyakid Horde conquers eastern Iberia
500 The Ugekid Horde settles in the valley of the river Vistula in the north
505 The Hunnic Empire invades Carthage.
526-553 First Great Hunnic War against the Shambatid and Ugekid Hordes and against the Hunnic Empire, the Mayan Empire manages to kick the nomads from Italy at a great cost.
591-610 Second Great Hunnic War, the Mediterranean Confederation kicks the Shambatid Horde and the Hunnic Empire from the Balkans and sets the Danube river as the eastern frontier. The Hunnic Empire collapsed in the aftermath of the war.
761 The Shambatid Horde invades the Etruscan Kingdom and destroys it in a quick war. They create the Kingdom of Ferrara and settles In the region, starting the process of sedentarization of the Western Huns and ending the Migration Period.

The greatest conquerors of the Migration Period were the various Hunnic Hordes and of course the Hunnic Empire, chaotic and destructive, they were like an unforgiving force of nature conquering everything and everyone until the Mayans united the Christians to stop their brutal advance. Clever in the art of war, they were almost unbeatable by normal means, and having the Ostrogoths as their faithful allies they had no problems conquering Italy more than once. At the end of the 5th Century they had managed to conquer most of Western Europe until the Atlantean-Mayan victory in the First Great Hunnic war halted their advance and saved Christianity for certain extermination.

After the Second Great Hunnic War and the end of the Mediterranean Confederation it seems like the Huns became divided across two cultural groups:

The Eastern Huns, who still live in the steppes and have settled in part of the Balkans, they value their old traditions and have settled in the lands they have historically occupied and have became tribal after generations of nomadic life. They live mostly in the reformed Hunnic Empire and are ruled by the Uldin Clan, who also managed to retain the position of leaders of the Tengri faith.

kd002eW.jpg

In Ck2 they reformed their faith and became absurdly powerful.

The Western Huns who live in the lands that were once occupied by the many Hordes that invaded the west, they have adopted customs and traditions of the people they conquered across the centuries and are a pretty diverse group, lately they absorbed the Magyar and most of the Bulgarian Hordes that lived to the east and fled from the Hunnic Empire a few decades ago. Their most important Kingdom is the founded after the dissolution of the Shambatid Horde is the Kingdom of Ferrara led by the Shambatid clan.

LKMtw9U.jpg

The Germanic Tribes

kZG7u0H.jpg

390 Arrival of the Visigoths in southern Gaul and creation of the Kingdom of Tolosa
395 Arrival of the Suebi in Iberia
400 Arrival of the Ostrogoths to the Balkans and creation of their first Kingdom
405 The Kingdom of Tolosa invades central Iberia
405 The Franks settle in northern Gaul
418 The Vandals invade Sardinia and Corsica.
425 Vandalic Invasion of the Kingdom of Carthage
470 The Ostrogoths sacrifice Comatus to their gods , the last Etruscan King of the old Kingdom and settle in Central Italy

540-547 The Slavs invade the homeland of the Germanic tribes of Central and Western Europe, replacing them as the inhabitants of the region.

The Germanic people used to be a privileged group of people who lived in the northern lands of the old Etruscan Empire and served as administrators, commanders and soldiers being fully integrated into the Imperial structures of power, after the at least twenty civil wars of the 4th century provoked by the ambitions and moral decadence of the old Etruscan generals and politicians they realized that they had the potential and the capacity to take over the Empire and rule over their own destinies.

After the fragmentation and dissolution of the Empire at the start of the 5th century the Franks settled in northern Gaul and prospered there until the Galliya nearly exterminated them in the Slavic Migration of the 6th Century, they, alongside the Frisians are the only Germanic tribes that survive in their former homeland.

XOzQpuk.jpg

I gave them a second chance as they were wiped out by the Slavs in Part III, i hope they are able to do something.

In the north, and displaced by the Slavs, the Norse are struggling to survive in the cold and poor lands they live in. They are not expected to survive the pass of time and probably will end being assimilated by the people surrounding them. In the south, the Vandals are still living in Sardinia and Corsica and have good relationships with almost all their neighbors, they also inhabit the island of Sicily under the rule of the Atlantean-Maya from the Empire of Hispania.

f5xHoNG.jpg

Nobody cared about them, thats the recipe for survival in this world

A hardened group of survivors, that’s how I would describe the Ostrogothic people who still live in Southern Italy and the Balkans, after the Shambatid Invasion of Etruria and the creation of the Kingdom of Ferrara they returned to serve their old masters and even abandoned Christianity in favor of the Tengri faith, some would say that they betrayed the true faith again and deserved even a worse fate, but they are just trying to survive in these tumultuous times.

yLFakCe.jpg

They were Christians, they converted to Tengri in the first day...

The Visigoths and the Suebi invaded Iberia centuries ago and became one with the natives of the region, Castilians, Suebi, Visigoths and Catalonians all serve under the rule of the Atlantan Mayans, maybe they will be return to prominence in the future, who knows.

m4mkQu8.jpg

The Lusitanians and the Basque are the only original Iberians that survived part III.

Atlantean-Mayans

1u2BxBy.jpg

307 Conquest of Southern Iberia by the Atlantean-Mayans and creation of the Kingdom of Ispania

385 Conquest of Carthage by the Mayan Empire
553 As a result of the First Great Hunnic War, the Mayan Empire conquers the entire Italian Peninsula
559 Creation of the Mediterranean Confederation.
560 Consolidation of Atlantean-Mayan rule in central Iberia.
610 Creation of the Atlantean-Maya Kingdom of the Frontier to protect the east from Hunnic incursions

They had an old myth tracing their origin to a mysterious land called the Mayab, but the fact is that they come from the Atlantean Islands and after increasing their numbers because of many prosperous harvests they invaded Iberia in 302 CE, ending the Turdetani rule in the region. After that and some centuries of internal struggles for power the Atlantan-Mayans expanded to the east, conquered Carthage, defeated the Huns in the two Great Hunnic Wars and became the most important people in the Mediterranean.

Their most powerful Kingdoms are:

The Kingdom of Galicia, formed after the “Great Purgue” of 830 CE from the old Kingdom of New Tikal they are the oldest Atlantean-Mayan Kingdoms and one of the most powerful and is still led by the House of Q’uk’umatz, they are at war with the Empire of Hispania led by House Massin, another realm from the same culture and religion.

zIEt3lz.png

Partition will destroy this Kingdom when this King dies.

And the Empire of the Frontier, formed as a shield against the Huns in the region and responsible in part for the dissolution of the Mediterranean Confederation, they are ruled by the recently formed House Qukumatz-Brysis, a cadet house of the Q’uk’umatz. The Empire of the Frontier rule over many people, Etruscans, Greeks, Bulgarians, Western Hun, Volhynians and Armenians amongst others.

cWlVriu.jpg

Mayan Byzantium?, i wonder how much time i will take to destroy them to fulfill my objectives, they are powerful.

In the next chapter of this book we will be analyzing the fate of the people that once ruled the world during the Hellenic Period…"

(1)The author idealizes the Mediterranean Confederation, in fact there were many rivalries and internal conflicts between the Germano-Etruscan Viceroyalties and the Mayan Kingdoms.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
In for the continued ride!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excited to see this continue!

• 1Like
Reactions:
In for the continued ride!

Excited to see this continue!
Thanks for following :3

Excellent! In the quarterly ACAs, I named this the Ultimate Mega Campaign. We already have three books and have only reached the starting point for most.
Thanks, i love long runs and creating worlds....i'm thinking about making an Imperator to HOI5 in the next decade, maybe o_O

Jews have their own kingdom? So I guess there is no Jewish Diaspora in this world

Anyway I'm interested with the "next chapter of this book" :)
More like a Duchy, i gave them a Kingdom in a test run (observer mode for 100 years) and they revolted and then disappeared from the map. There are small Jewish communities mostly in Phoenician ports, not with no Hadrian/Bar Kojba they are still on second Temple Judaism, i gave them a head of faith and everything even if i think that they will be invaded and lose the First Crusade as it always targets Jerusalem :(

Reactions:
Well, this will be interesting.

Won't this author and those like him be surprised when that old legend turns out to be true. The Mayans do exist, after all.

Reactions:
Introduction, part 2: The Survivors from the Hellenic Period

Introduction, part 2: The Survivors from the Hellenic Period​

A fragment of “A century after the dissolution of the Mediterranean Confederation”, by Heraldus of Ravenna, 872 CE.

The world of our ancestors had been experienced a golden age of prosperity and development of knowledge for centuries and it seemed to never end, the Etruscan and Lydian Empires where the shining jewels of an era that seems to be almost mythological in nature because of how much we lost and how our Empires crumbled and fell to never recover. We live in barbaric times and after the end of the Hellenic Period and the horrible tragedy of the Migration Period our world is not as glorious as it once was, and maybe it will never be.

The Lydian Empire was the most powerful of the Hellenic realms and was an unlikely candidate to fell to the wrath of the barbaric hordes of the east, but they fell anyways in 330 CE and the Hellenes have lived centuries of disgrace and oppression under the boots of the Slavs, Huns, Ostrogoths, Phoenicians, Egyptians and other Christians, most of them have converted to Christianity over time but remain as subjects of cruel foreign powers, they once expanded into the entirety of the Balkans and the eastern steppes…now they don’t even are the owners of their own destinies anymore…that’s seems to be the sad fate of people that once ruled the world around them.

ZOVDJCu.jpg

The old tyrants of the East suffered a similar fate, when the Assyrian Empire fell to the rise of Islam in the 610s many Assyrians converted to the new faith with the hopes to regain their old prominence and maybe take over the Islamic Caliphate led by the Ummayad clan and they had some minor success for a while, but then they were displaced and nearly exterminated by the Muslim Tamil nomadic invaders in 682 CE…since then the Middle East has only experienced brutal wars for dominance between the Arabs, the Tamils and the Zoroastrian Persians. The Assyrians have become servants of all these powers and are struggling to survive in the land they ruled with an iron fist for centuries if not millennia.

pu5v10I.jpg

The Assyrians never recovered from the chaotic rise of Islam

Once the masters of most of Western Europe the Etruscans never truly recovered from the century of chaos that led to the fall of their glorious Empire. After the mass extermination of their population by the Ugekid Horde in the 5th century it took for them at least two hundred to recover at least half of their numbers under the protection of the Mediterranean Confederation only to be reconquered by the Huns and the Atlantean-Mayans at the end of the Migration Period. The Pope had to intervene to protect the Etruscans when he took under his protection most of Italy, but the final blow to Etruscan supremacy has already been done, the Papacy may be an Etruscan institution, but the Popes are elected between all Christians and who knows, maybe in the future we will have an Hunnic Pope and the Etruscan culture will disappear from the world.

dVpY3RF.jpg

The Etruscans went from being the masters of Western Europe to be partitioned by the Shambatid, the Frontier and the Papacy.

The Egyptians survived the Migration Period with almost with no changes, they repelled an Assyrian invasion at the start of the 4th Century and an Islamic invasion in the 650s, without true enemies and without facing any true Migratory invasion that could have jeopardized their stability they were able to fund a great army and start the conquest of the Eastern Mediterranean, task they have accomplished at least partially.

yrk3DT6.jpg

trzmMcR.jpg

After millennia of following the old Kemetic religion a new sect appeared that mixed the increasingly popular Christian faiths of the east with an old minoritarian cult to the sun and created the strong Atenic faith, at first they tried to get integrated into the Fraticelli church as equals but were rejected because of their heretic beliefs (replacing God with a Solar deity is the minor of their heresies) and condemned in the 5th Ecumenical Council of 825 CE, the answered by naming their Emperor as the sole authority of their faith and he became their equivalent of their Pope, a mockery of what true Christians stand for.

They have been pretty tolerant with the Jewish people in the Holy land and have even allowed some of their nobles to have the control of some counties and use that as an example of the benign rule of House Minaid.

[…]

The Armenian Empire once was the greatest ally in the east that the Mediterranean Confederation ever had, but then their Empire fell to absurd internal disputes and the Persians and Muslims took advantage over that, to solve their complicated situation the Armenian King convince his priests to accept the Fraticelli Ecumenical Councils and the authority of the Pope, the Armenians then joined the Western Church and thanks to that, they have been able to create the alliances needed to stop the advance of the eastern heathens over their lands.

igjNiBl.jpg

I asked an Armenian friend if was ever possible for their Church to join mainstream Christianity at some point, and he told me that yes...after a long answer that informed about most of the history of their Church :p, so they joined the Church in order to survive on this timeline.

Another survivor of the Hellenic Period and that was almost assimilated by the Atlanteans, Vandals and Huns are the Carthaginians. They were conquered time after time by different groups of people, but then, after centuries of Atlantean-Mayan domination and under the leadership of the House Haytili they experienced a prosperous era with many of them becoming Emperors of the Mediterranean Confederation, they became the best administrators of the era and became absurdly rich and used that wealth to improve their situation, at the end of the Migration Period they lost their lands In the southern Balkans to the Egyptians and Sicily to the Empire of Hispania, but conquered the heretic Empire of Africa in 870 CE, following the mandate of the 5th and 6th Ecumenical Councils of war against the heretics in the Mediterranean.

5Noz4iE.jpg

Once upon a time, Celtic paganism was the majoritarian religion on Western Europe, that was until the Migration Period displaced most of their people and now, they live mostly in the Pictish Islands of the north. We know very little about these savages but something is for sure, they are trying to expand their influence back into continental Europe and Christianity will have to stop them from doing that. “

jGg8cP8.jpg

Will the Pictish Empire rule the waves at some point?

Annex: The Ecumenical Councils of the 9th Century.

The 5th Ecumenical Council of Rome, Papal States 825

“During the past years the Mayan Traditionalists had been strangely active both in North Africa and Iberia, although for many centuries the pagan religion of the Maya had been protected by the laws of the Mediterranean Confederation not even a decade had passed since its dissolution and the Fraticelli priests started to persecute the nonbelievers with greater zeal than ever before incentivized by the Pope in Rome who wanted to strengthen his control over the situation in the Mediterranean, after all… he was still the de jure leader of the Confederation and had the moral authority over the churches of the former members of the union. Some local nobles protested against the intervention of the Church in the independent Kingdoms and that the laws of the Mediterranean Confederation were part of the customs and laws of their people for the past centuries and the “Mayan Kings” of Iberia and North Africa backed their people in their position against the perceived tyranny of the Church.

The Pope seeing this situation as an opportunity to enforce his authority over the Christian realms called for a Fifth Ecumenical Council and invited the Mayan Kings to it as observers, the Etruscans and other “easterners” saw this as the final opportunity to declare war against the pagans or those who accepted the pagans, it was time to enforce the Christian faith over the always privileged Mayans.

In the Fifth Ecumenical Council the Priests and Cardinals unanimously voted to persecute and eradicate heresy on all it forms in all the Christian world and invited the Mayan Kings to accept the laws of the Church, after all, they had accepted Christianity generations ago and the laws of the Mediterranean Confederation to protect the Mayan Pagans had ceased to have relevance and were nullified when Emperor Anoki II Q’uk’umatz accepted the independence of the Mayan Kingdoms in 772 CE. Another heresy that was discussed was the Atenic faith that was gaining relevance in Egypt at the time, it was condemned for treating the local rulers as divine vessels of the Holy Spirit and the voice of God on Earth, giving God a physical form as a solar deity amongst many other perversions that take them away from the true spirit of Christianity.

The resolutions of the Council were:

• The Mayan pagan faith would no longer be tolerated on Christian realms with the threat of excommunication to the rulers that tolerated such aberration. The Church was in charge of cleanse the heresy and Christian rulers gained the right to invade the realms who tolerates the spread of the pagan faith.
  • The Atenic form of Christianity was condemned and proclaimed as a form of idolatry.
  • The possibility of the Pope declaring Great Wars like the Emperors of old was discussed but not approved because it was considered contrary to the nature of the office.
  • Iconoclasm was discussed but not condemned as was a minor heresy.
  • The theology of the Holy Trinity proposed by the Hellenic priest was repudiated, again.

The 6th Ecumenical Council of Tortomi, Tao. Armenian Principality. May 872

As was mentioned before, the Armenian Church was independent from the Fraticelli Church since the dawn of time mostly because of political issues, the Emperors of the Mediterranean Confederation and of the Armenian Empire did not wanted to pollute their respective churches with the political issues of the time and even if the eastern Church recognized at least partially most of the canon of the western Church excluding the Papal authority over them they were considered separate Churches.

This changed when both empires fell and the political situation changed with it, at the end of this century the Armenians desperately needed allies as they were surrounded by enemies and because of this they sent envoys to Rome to discuss an rapprochement with their western brothers, the Pope only asked for two things: they had to recognize the authority of the Pope over them and to accept all the resolutions taken in the past Ecumenical Councils.

They of course accepted that.

Z69wqMy.jpg

Pope Nicolaus, the savior of the Etruscans
As Pope Nicolaus is a clever man, he summoned an Ecumenical Council to secure his views in the Church, fuse the Armenian Church with the Fraticelli and discuss other matters of great importance for the future of the faith, this time the Council was celebrated in the east and at least 400 priests traveled to the mountainous east. The resolutions of the Council were:

• The Armenian Church will enter in communion with the Fraticelli and will accept the authority of the Pope
  • As war against the heathens was a possibility, the Pope as the only authority of the Christian world that was respected by everyone would be able to declare Great Wars against heathens to protect the interests of Christianity as a whole.
  • The last doctrine was extended to “Armed Pilgrimages”, now Christians could form Holy Orders to protect Christians across the world when they traveled to the holy sites of the faith, the Church would authorize priests to join the armed groups to guide them.
hs3zHxA.jpg

The Fraticelli Church is basically the Catholic Church at this point, so i just used the faith and changed the localization mostly to use these mechanics and have a reformation on EU4.

After the 5th and 6th Ecumenical Councils the Papacy became the most important institution in the Christian world and the protector of the Faith, replacing de-facto the need for another Mediterranean Confederation, the Pope is now not only our spiritual leader, but also the protector of the faith like the Emperors of a century ago."

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ok so you changed Atenic to be offshoot of Christian. Not a bad idea :) I like that you gave them crusades too it should really help them especially against Muslims. I don't think this faith should have lay clergy, but maybe after all this reforms it somehow happened so I'm not complaining here :)
I hope more Christian heresies wil be created cause it's pretty plain for now.

I didn't know Tengrism was reformed, that's huge. That means they are legitimate religion and now Christianity faiths will rival with them for influence in still pagan countries.

The only thing I don't know how I feel about is that both "West Hun" and "Atlantean-mayans" are rly spread out maybe in EU IV you could make for example west atlantean-mayans and the one from the Frontier different cultures maybe in the same culture group, if they survive of course. Maybe now they are still the same people but after 600 years they wouldn't be for sure :)

The another interesting part is fact that Islam rised in 610s before its own creation in 622 ;P

Edit: Mb with Islam it may still make sense sorry

Reactions:
Ok so you changed Atenic to be offshoot of Christian. Not a bad idea :) I like that you gave them crusades too it should really help them especially against Muslims. I don't think this faith should have lay clergy, but maybe after all this reforms it somehow happened so I'm not complaining here :)
I hope more Christian heresies wil be created cause it's pretty plain for now.

I didn't know Tengrism was reformed, that's huge. That means they are legitimate religion and now Christianity faiths will rival with them for influence in still pagan countries.

The only thing I don't know how I feel about is that both "West Hun" and "Atlantean-mayans" are rly spread out maybe in EU IV you could make for example west atlantean-mayans and the one from the Frontier different cultures maybe in the same culture group, if they survive of course. Maybe now they are still the same people but after 600 years they wouldn't be for sure :)

The another interesting part is fact that Islam rised in 610s before its own creation in 622 ;P

Edit: Mb with Islam it may still make sense sorry
The Atenic faith has lay clergy because the Emperor needed to be the head of the faith, its more straighforward that way (due to game mechanics) and its relation with Christianity is just there for flavor.

The Huns were unbeatable in part 3 because they were reformed, they did that at the start of the campaign and got the hability to do norse-styled invasions...

And yes, the cultures will began to drift away over time i just copied them directly from CK2, "western huns" maybe will be give way for the Hungarians of this timeline and something new if they survive in Anatolia-Italy only time will tell. Atlantean-Mayans are a different culture now and they have that name to differentiate them from the ones from the Mayab. They will also have changes over time but their fate is to be conquered by the "Maya-Christians" that survive in the shadows, they will be shown in the first chapter.

The rise of Islam was part of the WTWSMS mod and their expansion got stopped by the Tamils crushing their Caliphate, i dont know if they will survive this part with the Crusades and the powerful faiths that sorrounds them.

And yes, there will be plenty of Christian heresies, so far CK3 looks more dynamic with the heretics, i like having a lot of diverse cultures and religion on the map anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Christian Atenism? interesting...

Islam brought low many ancient empires, it seems...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Islam brought low many ancient empires, it seems...
Not many actually. Islam was really unsuccessful initially. It were mostly Slavs, Huns and Tamils who did it. Islam returned when Middle East and Anatolia were in complete dissaray.
They are much less powerful than in our timeline. They don't have rich areas like Egipt (which survived because of Atenic), Tunis/Carthage or Hispania/Andalusia (cause strong Egypt blocked them from any westward expansion) :)

Last edited:
Reactions:

Chapter 4.1 The Baktún of Holy War part I, 830 CE​

42 years before
New Tikal, Kingdom of New Tikal, 830 CE

The situation in the Atlantean-Mayan Kingdoms after the 5th Ecumenical Council was violent because the Fraticelli Priesthood burned several pagan temples in their zeal to preserve their religion pure and far from the "satanic" influences of the old faiths, all across the Christian Mediterranean the "Pagans" had to fled from their homes as the Priests who dressed, behaved and were armed like if they were soldiers in a real war and accompanied by angry mobs of zealots persecuted all people suspected of heresy, the penalty for that crime against Christianity in most cases was execution, it was an era of terror and zealotry.

This generalized persecution against Pagans from all denominations provoked that many Atlantean-Mayan nobles declared open rebellion against Papal authority in the affairs of their Kingdoms and embraced the faith of their ancestors not because they sincerely believed in the old gods, but because they saw in the figure of the Pope an oppressive and undesirable foreign interference in their territories and interests, if the religious activity of the Traditionalists (as the Mayan-Pagan and Maya-Christians ended calling themselves) had increased before the 5th Ecumenical Council, now several duchies and kingdoms during the last decade saw a revival of the proselytizing activity of the old religion because the High Priest of the faith gladly sent many of his priests to the continent in order to try to revive the old structures of power and perhaps re-create the Third Mayan Empire with himself at the head to fulfill the old prophecies and end the Christian persecutions by the use of force if necessary.

fis0xP2.png

Its a syncretic faith, but as with the Egyptians, its easier for me to make them Christians for technical reasons.

Since the insurrection of Ixbalanqué Q’uk’umatz and the Traditionalists in 529 CE (1), nearly all the Traditionalists lived as exiles in the Atlantic Islands (OTL Azores, Madeira and Canarias) under a treaty that barred them from leaving said islands under the threat of execution and only a few dared to live amongst Christians hiding their true beliefs. But the atmosphere of polarization that existed in the Mayan Kingdoms was such that the priests of the old religion were no longer afraid of being executed for violating the treaty since this was a unique occasion in history, the new Baktun (2) was approaching and being one of the less frequent and more important Maya celebrations was a golden opportunity to gain influence between the mainlanders because even the Christians wanted to take part on the festivities. Because of that, despite the danger to his own life and the threat of angering the King of New Tikal , Pacal Q'uk'umatz, the High Priest and leader of the exiled Traditionalists dared to break the old treaty and sail to New Tikal together with the most talented priests of their faith to meet with the dissident noble houses nothing more and nothing less than in the main square of the ancient capital of the second Mayan Empire, New Tikal (OTL Cadiz) right under the nose of his greatest adversary.

3ygGOAy.jpg

Pacal Q'uk'umatz is the High Priests of the Traditionalists and an enemy of Christendom. The Islands of the Blessed are the refuge of said pagans and the start point of this part of the AAR

Nahil Q’uk’umatz, King of New Tikal, was outraged with this act of desobedience because the High Priest had not only broken the old treaty, but had dared to come to HIS capital and met with nobles who were questioning his power and authority as leader of the sacred bloodline of the Q'uk'umatz, something that only the ambitious traitors of the Kingdom of the Frontier had dared to do and after the meeting in the central square of New Tikal the pagan leader had requested an audience with him at the royal palace to request permission to celebrate the new Baktun in the Great Pyramid of Q'uk'umatz, in the old and abandoned temple-district of the old religion. Nahil had not been able to refuse such an insulting request without making the pagan nobles and supporters think that the King feared the nonexistent power of the old religion and he was also somewhat curious to meet the leader of the Traditionalists, after all, this was the first time in centuries that the High Priest entered the palace of New Tikal as the position of High Priest was abolished when the Kuhul Ahau took all his roles at the start of the 5th century and was a good opportunity to monitor the opposition giving it a little space to maneuver under his control…

4EnCtUk.jpg

After centuries of living in Europe, most Atlantean-Mayans have adopted not only an European religion, but also traditions, a writing system and have forgotten about their origins, King Nahil Q'uk'umatz is one of them.

The High priest entered the courtroom flanked by his 50 most talented priests and supported by several local nobles, many more than Nahil would have liked, this meant that this was more than a religious movement caused by the proximity of the next Baktun and this had taken on quite dangerous political overtones. Perhaps if the King of New Tikal did not acted quickly and brutally the High Priest could even attempt to take his place as the legitimate ruler of the Mayan world and put the Fraticelli between the Mayan hammer and the Hunnic anvil, this was not an empty threat…in North Africa the Anoki had created a pagan empire and expelled the Christian priests after a short war and with each passing day the old religion gained more followers .... with or without Baktun, difficult times were coming for the western Christians.

The King had the spiritual leader of his enemies right in front of him, such a poor and insignificant man that was surely amazed by the beauty of the Royal Palace of New Tikal and was backed by so many ambitious and powerful men…his enemy was so close to him that he could even smell the High Priest, the leader of the insurgents, of the Satanists who planned to return to the aberrations of old religion and that still sacrificed animals to the cruel gods that previously needed human blood, this was undoubtedly an opportunity to finish with them once for all. In his heart he had already made an important decision, but due to the protocol he had to first listen to the request of the High Priest, so he made a signal with his hand to allow Pacal Q’uk’umatz speak:

- “Oh wise King of New Tikal and Guardian of the sacred Pyramid of our dynasty, I present my respects to your authority and talent "-the High priest placed great emphasis in the word OUR, something that immediately tensed the atmosphere-. "I know that I have broken the law by coming here to request the right we have to be allowed to occupy the old Pyramid to carry out the ceremony of the new Baktún, but it would be a great show of wisdom and love for our ancestors" - again the emphasis – "to give us the permit to carry on with the celebration in such a sacred place, since apart from our differences we have many things in common ... Isn't Christ-Kukulkan who we adore and who made the maximum sacrifice so that our ancestors would stop their human sacrifices? Isn't it that we worship the same and only God above our heads? Isn't it Saint Iacobus (OTL Saint James, here syncretized with Buluc Chabtan) who we pray to before going to the battlefield? Isn't Ixchel-Maria the mother of our Savior whom we revere for being a mother being a virgin? Our similarities are greater than our differences and that is why we request to celebrate the Baktun in the Pyramid of our ancestors, if our antecessors used it for pagan purposes, we will do so in order to celebrate the change of Baktun, for the glory of Christ and of our Dynasty "

The nobles in the room murmured in agitation, some saw no malice in the High Priest's request, others instead frowned upon that heretics were allowed to speak that way in the royal court and were offended at the idea that they thought about re-occupying the old Temple-District and to use that cursed Pyramid where human sacrifices were once performed. The King was in the latter group and after silently looking at all the people in the room and weighing each word that came out of the heretical mouth of the High Priest of the Traditionalists, he spoke about it with great seriousness.

- "I do not know what you are smoking in your abominable pagan ceremonies, High Priest, but from your mouth I have not heard anything but heresies and insults to our faith, our people already have too many problems to allow heretics like you to walk through our cities and desecrate our presence with such obscenities. Guards!" -The King waved his left hand as if he wanted to clean the filth of the courtroom- "Take these pagans prisoner but make sure the High Priest returns safely to his island without receiving a single scratch, and I warn everyone who are listening to me right now, the nobles who have colluded with the Pagans must announce that they publicly repent from their treachery or they will suffer the consequences!"

The Palace Guards, who had been waiting all this time hiding in another room, quickly entered the audience chamber armed with their spears and easily took prisoner the 50 Traditionalist priests who accompanied the High Priest if there was a bit of resistance the Guards imposed the will of their King by the force of arms as the priests have spent all their lives inside their temples studying the stars and the sacred nature of the Gods little could do to face the best warriors that the King of New Tikal had at his service, Pacal Q'uk'umatz, upon seeing what was happening, spoke in a loud and clear voice so that all who were present would hear:

- "This is a betrayal to the memory of our ancestors !, I curse Balam-Quitzé (3) for having allowed you to deviate from the correct path for our people !, and I warn you that by not celebrating the beginning of the new Baktun you are condemning our people to forget their origins and dying like a tree after losing its roots, you are risking angering the Gods and your very ancestors, we are all children of Q'uk'umatz and our kingdoms where built thanks to the blessings of the Gods and the efforts of those whom you" -he said pointing to the King with his index finger- "call pagans, you will regret following the Etruscan Pope! Only a Maya can rule a Maya, you still have time to change this path to damnation!"

The King, who had been sitting on his throne all this time, stood up in outrage and said with disgust at the man in front of him:

- "Stop with this nonsense! If I don't order your execution right now it's because you belong to the royal family and out of respect for our ancestors and our sacred bloodline! Go back to your miserable island and preach to your chickens if that's what makes you happy! build a clay pyramid and worship your satanic gods but do it far from us and our land! Your impertinence has far exceeded my patience ... I was thinking of doing this after the Baktun, but I want you and your people to understand that heresy has no place in Christian kingdoms! ..."

The King sat again on his throne and summoned some of his heralds while two burly guards forced the High Priest to kneel before him, the head of Pacal was almost touching the ground, the room was in complete silence.

One of the King's Heralds, dressed in fine garments woven from fabrics probably brought from the east, carried an elegant scroll on his hands and after delicately opening it read it in a ceremonious but firm voice.

- “Because of the climate of generalized disobedience, the increase in pagan activity and the acts of witchcraft and blasphemy that have been experienced throughout the Kingdom, Nahil Q'uk'umatz King of New Tikal declares that the Great Pyramid of Q ' uk'umatz will be partially demolished to allow the construction of a great Cathedral, this project will have financing from the entire Christian world, who with great joy have announced that they will support the Mayan Kingdoms to eradicate the pagans once and for all [… ], your holiness, Pope blesses this initiative that once and for all will end a situation that created so many conflicts in the era of the Mediterranean Confederation. "

XI78vBr.jpg

Pope Honorious II was satisfied with the obedience of the Atlantean-Mayan Kingdoms towards his position against heresy.

Silence reigned in the throne room, even the most staunch followers of the Pope as the highest authority in the Christian world were in absolute shock, one thing was to combat heresy another was to destroy the legacy of their ancestors and the pride of the city of New Tikal… but nothing could be done, after all… this was necessary to overcome the religious conflict that was increasing tensions throughout the Mayan world.

The High Priest tried to look at the King but the guards forced him to remain knelt and looking at the floor.

- "No, ... you can't do this," - Pacal Q’uk’umatz muttered with great sadness knowing that there was nothing he could do to change the situation.

The king gazed at him proudly from atop his throne.

-"Of course I can” he said, slowly tapping one of the bracers on the Jade throne inherited by generations of Q’uk’umatz rulers..

- "I am the King.”

(1) Chapter 3.28 of Part 3.
(2) I explained what is a Baktun in Chapter 3.22 of part 3, basically is a period in the “bigger wheel of time” that covers 394.4 Years, in OTL we are currently in Baktun 13, in this part of the AAR they are near the end of Baktun 10 and the start of Baktun 11. If you remember 2012, that was the end of Baktun 12.
(3) Balam-Quitzé was the last "Kuhul Ahau" and the first Mayan Emperor who fully converted into Christianity, after him everything went downhill for the non-Christians in the Mayan Kindoms.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
High Priest in Canaries! Wow! Not everyday start. What is succession? 34 Learning!! Good Golly, Miss Molly; that is HIGH. Could you give breakdown of the 34 points? Thank you!!

Advice to the King of New Tikal: He, who forgets the past, is doomed to repeat it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
High Priest in Canaries! Wow! Not everyday start. What is succession? 34 Learning!! Good Golly, Miss Molly; that is HIGH. Could you give breakdown of the 34 points? Thank you!!

Advice to the King of New Tikal: He, who forgets the past, is doomed to repeat it.
Pacal is just the Grandfather of the starting character so i took some liberties with his points, he will be remembered as someone brilliant that xxxxxx his people after all, somewhat of a legendary figure.

Reactions:
That's quite the religious extremism.

Reactions: