• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ibicko

Fidei Defensor
64 Badges
Oct 2, 2012
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
pX2OpX6.jpg

Table of Contents
Part I – The Age of Old (Crusader Kings II)

Chapter I – The Asturian Kings (867-1030)
Alfonso III 'the rash' of Asturias
Odoario I of Asturias
Odoario II 'the ill-ruler' of Leon

Fruela II 'the spider' of Leon and Asturias
Guillén I of Leon and Asturias
Muño I 'the blessed' of Leon and Asturias
Guillén II 'the mad' of Leon and Asturias
Muño II King of Leon and Asturias

Chapter II – A New Age (1030-1101)
Muño I 'the bold' Emperor of the Spanish
Fernando I Emperor of the Spanish
Guzmán I 'the just' Emperor of the Spanish
Carlos I Emperor of the Spanish
Guzmán II Emperor of the Spanish

Chapter III – The Crusader Kings (1101-1178)
Guzmán II 'longshanks' Emperor of the Spanish
Carlos II Emperor of the Spanish - Part I
Carlos II Emperor of the Spanish - Part II
Carlos III 'one-arm' Emperor of the Spanish
Carlos IV Emperor of the Spanish

Chapter IV – The Time of Troubles (1178-1254)
Alonso I Emperor of the Spanish - Part I
Alonso I Emperor of the Spanish - Part II
Carlos V Emperor of the Spanish
Ordoño I Count of Valencia - Part I
Ordoño I Count of Valencia - Part II
Edern I Viceroy of Valencia
Edern II Viceroy of Valencia - Part I
Edern II Viceroy of Valencia - Part II

Chapter V To Fix a Sinking Ship (1254-1356)
Edern I 'the conqueror' Emperor of the Spanish
Edern II Emperor of the Spanish - Part I
Edern II Emperor of the Spanish - Part II
Alfonso II Emperor of the Spanish
Alfonso III Emperor of the Spanish - Part I
Alfonso III Emperor of the Spanish - Part II
Epilogue
Summary of the Spanish Monarchs

Further Reading
Writings of Helgi 'King in England'
The War of the Six Sultans
Navarra and the reconquista
The Cathar Perfects and the Byzantine Wars of Religion
The religious affairs of Europe following the Edict of Constantinople
A Tale of Two Houses
The Time of Troubles
The Golden Bull of 1356

Part II – The Age of Awakening (Europa Universalis IV)

Last edited:
*NOTE This AAR is part of a discontinued Mega-Campaign, although it is still perfectly fine as a sole CK2 project be advised EU4 only extends until 1380*

Hello and welcome to my first ever AAR. What's that, why is your first AAR a mega campaign, are you insane?!? Well maybe... but after playing around with my solo mega campaign game and setting out a suggested story, I just feel I should do something with it rather than keep it to myself. Plus it will give me the drive to finally go out and make my first ever AAR! All feedback is welcome, and hopefully my AARing skills should be spick and span by the end of this (however long it takes)

So sit back and relax, on what is sure to be a long journey through this mega campaign AAR that I hope you enjoy, for it is time to read a Spanish Story...

FAQ
  • How will this AAR work?
Well as I didn't initially intend my game to be an AAR, there is little I can do about my previous kings, but fret not dear reader, as I have worked them into this AAR through the magic of story telling! As a result some of the early posts will act as a family chronicle, but the story will pick up to modern day during the reign of Guzmán I.
  • What mods are you using?
I am using the Historical Immersion Project Mod and the Cadet Branches mod, which will allow me to assign certain characters to cadet dynasties for immersion.
  • What DLC are you using?
All except Sunset Invasion (and Horse Lords when it arrives) but I will be using the 867 start date as HIP does not support Charlemagne.
  • So you're using HIP, how will you convert?
Manually of course! So it may take a little bit more time, but I am always keeping a few steps ahead of my posts, so it should be finished quicker. A manual conversion will also allow me far greater flexibility in EU4. I am also considering using another mod for EU4, potentially either Meiou and Taxes or Veritas et Fortitudo, I haven't decided yet.
  • What will your limitations be?
Since I'm starting as a king it is going to be easier than being a count or duke, but bear in mind im not the greatest CK2 player! My limitations will mostly be sticking to character traits such as content for story telling and limiting my expansion, but my history/geography OCD should hopefully do that for me. However I will also be allowing myself to play as cadet branches of my house created with the mod.
  • Will there be any wider history articles?
Well of course, this question wouldn't exist otherwise... There shall be wider articles based on events happening in other countries at the time of this AAR. The articles may be from the perspective of any time period however. For example one of the first will be a 19th century study of a major war that happens in the first Chapter.

Last edited:
Livr4yS.jpg

Much of the early history of the Kings of Asturias was lost, destroyed over time or were the victim of war and conquest. Very few records exist of the early Spanish Kings and little is known about them in contrast with the later Kings who held the throne.
However upon the ascension of Guzmán I, a book was compiled by the great Spanish scholar Alfonso de Cardona. The book chronicled the legacy of the rulers of the Spanish from the reign of Alfonso III. The book attempted to give a brief overview of the timeline of early Spanish monarchs in the hopes future generations of Spanish monarchs or nobles would look back to understand the plight of early Spain and learn from their ancestors.
Alfonso III King of Asturias

200px-Testamento.jpg

Coronation of Alfonso III of Asturias

Alfonso III ascended to the throne of Asturias in 866, although little is known about his early reign. Alfonso was a key player in early Asturian history, the first driving force behind the early reconquista against the Moorish forces of the Umayyad sultanate in Andalusia.

Following a revolt in the Umayyad Sultanate in Andalusia, Alfonso launched a campaign against the revolting count in hopes of capturing his seat of Nájera for the Spanish realm. After a brief incursion with the rebellious forces and a successful siege, Alfonso captured the territory before the Sultan could. With the threat of an incursion on the part of West Francia, the Sultan decided against drawn out war with Asturias, returning to Cordoba empty handed.
The victory against the Sultan turned the tides of Alfonso's reign. The capture of Nájera proved the Sultanate could be beaten, encapsulating the hearts and minds of the Spanish court. This would be the age of the reconquista.

Yet Alfonso's victory over the Moors did little to curb the ambitions of his subjects. His short temper and poor personal diplomacy alienated many of his vassals, earning him the nickname 'the rash'. Many of Alfonso's subjects banded together to demand a return to the elective monarchy of old. Facing increasing opposition, Alfonso reluctantly agreed, the ancient right of the Asturian nobles to elect their own king was restored for the first time in many years. The Spanish nobility always had a great lust for power, no matter who their king was.

Alas, Alfonso unfortunately died of illness in 886, cutting short Alfonso's reconquista. Following his death the nobility met in Oviedo to vote on his successor. After much deliberation it was agreed that Alfonso's first two brothers would be overlooked on account of their blindness, making them unpopular choices among the nobility. Yet Alfonso's first son would also not be chosen. The boy Carlos was a weak man, constantly ill he would make a poor King, and sure enough, the boy died only 2 weeks after the new King's election. As such it was decided Odoario, the fourth son of Alfonso would succeed his father.

ezGRlPI.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in-do like a Spanish CK2 AAR! Subbed

Odoario I King of Asturias

Ordono2.jpg

Odoario was a popular choice among the nobility for his kind nature and skill in battle in contrast with his brothers. The Prince had many personal friends and supporters within the nobility who looked to make a name for themselves with Odoario as King. The promise of landed titles and positions of influence at court led many to support him in the election for King.
Much of Odoario's reign was focused on internal diplomacy and securing the realm. It was under Odoario's wise counsel that a marriage alliance was signed with the Kingdom of Lombardy. Little else is known about Odoario's reign, as records show no remarkable feats during the Kings reign. After only 10 years on the throne, King Odoario died of illness, like his father before him.
Yet the nobility still sought fit to look to the king's heir, electing Odoario's son as the new King of Asturias.

IQhmqKR.jpg

Odoario II King of Leon
The reign of Odoario II saw widespread change throughout the Asturian Kingdom. Odoario, as with his father was elected by the popular vote of the nobility, yet seemed more at home at Leon than Oviedo. By the kings will, the capital was changed to Leon, along with the official court language from Asturian to Leonese. Although in reality only a small dialect change had taken place the nobility were outraged. Coupled with the realms new centralisation laws many looked to alternative monarchs and in the summer many nobles rebelled under the leadership of the Duke of Galicia.​

Although the rebels were many, they proved no match for Odoario and his knights who soundly defeated the rebels. The wrathful king however slaughtered the defectors of Santiago down to the last man, the duke included, a decision that would prove costly for Odoario's expected heir.

In order to regain favour with the nobility and secure his position, Odoario married Princess Belleassez of West Francia, 12 years his junior. Odoario also sought to expand the realm at the expense of the Umayyad sultanate. Odoario's leadership led to the capture of southern Portucale and Toledo. Odoario's victory over the moors led to the Nasr rebellion in Al-Andalus resulting in the overthrow of the Umayyad dynasty as the 6 year old, Attab Nasr was declared the new Sultan. Following his victory over the Muslims, Odoario dedicated much of his life to god, donating generously to the church to ensure the holy father knew of his generosity. Odoario also became the first king of Asturias to go on pilgrimage to Rome, where he visited the tombs of the apostles, his return was marked by a grand tournament in Leon, with Odoario earning a satisfactory third place. The king was bested only by Diego of Castilla and Sebastián of Huesca.

9Azz0JQ.jpg

Odoario died aged 57 in his newly built palace in Leon, the Castillo de la santa. Despite his great many victories over the moorish kings, Odoario was remembered for his actions in the bloody rebellion of the Duke of Galicia. Odoario was not remembered as a holy crusader but as the 'ill-ruler' by his subjects who elected not his son, but his nephew Fruela.

xS9jGLy.jpg

Last edited:
Not the epithet he would have wanted himself methinks....be interesting to see why his son was overlooked

Fruela II King of Leon and Asturias

UO66IH4.jpg

The election of Fruela II as king of Leon brought much joy to the heart of the ever more ambitious subjects of the kingdom, who desired ever greater power and autonomy. Fruela was the grandson of Alfonso III's first son Fruela. After being overlooked as Alfonso's successor, Fruela the elder looked away from the House of Cantabria, forming the Cadet dynasty, the House of Fruelén. Fruela became a popular candidate among the nobility, due to his promise of reform and concessions from the crown.

Fruela II was a man of intrigue, able to control his subjects through his manipulative and downright intrusive schemes. Despite this, Fruela knew upon his succession he had to give some concessions to the powerful nobility, or face their wrath. As a result, the state was decentralised and the Kingdom of Asturias re-emerged as part of a joint title, giving even greater autonomy to the dukes of Galicia and Portucale in particular. As per his predecessors Fruela was expected to continue the reconquista to liberate Hispania. After many failed campaigns and the sour peace of 915, Fruela successfully conquered Zaragoza, bringing it back into the Catholic fold, with the help of his Aquitanian and Navarran allies. Feasts were held for weeks in the great hall of the Castillo de la santa, following Fruela's great victory. Yet the king attended none of them.

Victory over the Moors had come at a cost. During the siege of Huesca, Fruela's son , also named Fruela, Count of Zamora died, shot by an arrow to the stomach. He was buried at the local church at his seat of Zamora, despite the king's calls for him to be buried at the Castillo de la santa. His death sent the king into a state of mourning. His condition was not aided by his son's heir, Gacia's death, mere days after his birth. For 3 weeks straight, the king was not reported outside of his bedchamber. He was even absent from the meetings of the King's Council. Many throughout the country began to question if the monarch was still among the living.

Yet the King re-emerged from his mourning, stubborn as ever. Determined not to give into grief, Fruela set out to govern to the best of his abilities. At this point in time, Fruela sent ambassadors out to the realms of Europe to record the political situation in the area. Reports show Fruela's knowledge of the Jorvik rebellion, as Helgi of Jorvik attempted to crown himself King of England, breaking the Danelaw away from Danish control. Reports also indicate the union of the Pagan crowns of Wendland and Polska. Powerful pagan states, such as Hungary and Svipjod also stood at the edge of the civilised world. May god have mercy on the souls of the faithful.

291VKS3.jpg

The Revolt of Helgi, the self proclaimed 'King in England'

Under the wise rule of Fruela the nobility was kept in line and the Spanish realm was all the better for his time on the throne. Fruela continued to serve as king until his death at the grand old age of 72. Despite his courageous and prosperous rule, Fruela is mostly forgotten to the annuals of history, due to the legacy of his successors. Fruela II was buried not in Leon, but in Zamora, alongside his son.

As the male line of the house of Fruelén died out, the nobility looked elsewhere, back to the line of de Cantabria. But it was not the grandson of Odoario II who took the throne as expected, nor his brother. But Guillén. descended matrilineally from Alfonso III, Guillén raised much support from the new nobility in the lands of Toledo and Zaragoza in direct opposition to the so called 'old guard' nobility of Castilla and Galicia. Guillén was most definitely the outside bet for the next king.

tQmElLP.jpg

Fruela's map of Europe holds a key place at the Imperial Palace records

Last edited:
I do love those strategic maps. Still trying to work out how to do this on my Mac...

Hi guys, hope you're enjoying the AAR, and thanks for all the support so far!
If you feel there is any ideas how to improve areas further or any wider reading articles you wish to see, feel free to comment.

In regards to the conversion process, i may consider showing it, but most will simply be dealing with the basic files in the 'history' and 'common' folders. Any modded events i create, i will probably not show, due to wanting to keep details more secretive for part 2. That being said, i'm not totally against showing the conversion. I'll just see what happens when it comes to it.

Reactions:
Guillén I King of Leon and Asturias

Despite his election as King of Leon and Asturias, based on his drive and desire to conquer further land in Hispania, Guillén was much weaker militarily in contrast with his predecessors. However, aided by the prowess of his marshals and bannermen, the king led the Spanish to a great victory over the Nasr Sultanate in the Battle of Segovia. Or more like his men did, fighting and dying in the shit and piss filled streets, whilst he stood and watched. A true king is one who leads his men headlong into the fray. A warrior king is one who inspires devotion and the loyalty of his subjects. Our current monarch Guzmán would be wise to heed this advice.

Cantigas_battle.jpg

Christian forces battle the Muslims in the Battle of Sergovia

The campaigns of Guillén I led the kings men deep into the heartlands of the Nasr Sultanate. Yet Guillén dared not lay siege to Qurṭubah. The foreboding fortress was lined with an intricate network of defences. The walls of the city would make any siege last months, subjecting the besieging forces to desertions and sabotage. The Guadalquivir river would also allow the city to be easily resupplied, any force sent to scout the river could easily be overrun. The city still proved the biggest obstacle to the Spanish Kings in their reconquest of Hispania. Yet, the King's campaign ensured the capture of Valencia, giving the Kingdom access to the Mediterranean for greater trade links with the likes of Lombardy, Genoa and Pisa. The move however caused an uprising of the local muslim population of the area. Led by a former prominant Muslim marshal, the peasant forces attacked the occupying garrison of the city, burning down the siege towers used to capture the city. Fortunately the rebellion was quickly quashed by reinforcements from Toledo.

As a method of suppressing rebellion, Guillén looked to develop his own personal army or retinue, for dealing with internal strife and foreign wars. It must be noted the retinue created under Guillén was vastly different to the one used today in service of our wise ruler Guzmán I. Much of Guillén's army was made up of Spanish and Portuguese warriors who had proved their worth on the battlefield in Guillén's campaigns. Reports however show a lack of loyalty towards the monarch, due to his poor military skill. The common phrase of the day was: 'Marshal Alonso is the real King of Asturias', though none would dare speak it to the monarchs face.

6VlldtA.png

The King gives orders to Marshal Alonso head of the King's retinue
However Guillén, already physically weak following many illnesses on his military campaigns died of pneumonia in his bed in the Castillo de la Santa. Despite being notible for his conquests and military developments, Guillén is overshadowed by both his grandson who shares his name, and his son Muño. Upon the kings death, the nobility elected his son Muño. In contrast with many of his predecessors, Muño's legacy would live on in memory, even legend, as even our current ruler Guzmán honours the legacy of the great and wise King Muño.

CxMIXWf.jpg

Reactions:
Writings of Helgi 'King in England'
The writings of Helgi of England, as recorded by Stewards Ingemar Bleik & Folki Bleik

MnHY1ot.jpg

October 941

For many years now, King Sigbjorn of Denmark has attempted to expand his influence over Jorvik and the Norse holdings of Briland. His scheming led to an agreement signed with Frireck of Nordhymbraland. The Treaty of Dunholm saw the king recognize Frirecks control over his lands, in exchange for aid in expanding his influence over Jorvik and its surrounding territories. As Jarl of Jorvik, upon hearing this news from my spymaster Gurli, I was furious. The people of my land starve already under the King's taxation and yet he demands more. For the time being I shall keep this information to myself, in hope the rumours are false.

November 941

The rumours proved true, the Jarl of Jutland visited me today in Jorvik. On his person, he held a paper, addressing me to the capital at once. Later that afternoon I held talks with my council, whether I should venture to Hleidra. If word was to be true, I would be striped of lands and titles in favour of the king's direct rule, or at least I would allegedly, willingly give them up for his majesty. Many of my advisers have pleaded me to stay, I shall wait to see the consequences.

December 941

My refusal to meet his majesty's request was met with anger. Scouts report the kings forces approaching the wash. Gossip suggests the king held council with Jarl Yngvar of Midaegle and Hrane of Nordfolc. It is clear what he means to do. For too long the peoples of Jorvik have been subjugated by the misrule of King Sigbjorn of Denmark. The Norse peoples of England deserve their own rule. English grain shall no longer feed the mouths of Skaane and Sillende, they will feed the peoples England.

February 942

The Kings forces took their time in mounting an attack, many anticipated I would make the first move. Danish forces crossed the Thames, laying siege to Bearroc. I shall dispatch an army of around 3000 men and take Ottar and Gudfrid with me. It is time to greet our former King.

300px-Arbo_-_Battle_of_Stamford_Bridge_(1870).jpg

18th century painting of the Battle of Bearroc

March 942

My suspicions were confirmed, Yngvar and Hrane led the kings forces. The battle proved tougher than expected, yet we prevailed, scattering the invading army over the waters. Today we have sent a message to Sigbjorn. The next few months shall prove tough, I aim to crush the loyalists on England. This may prove difficult.

August 942

My wife, Gunnhildr visited me today at Ligeracaester. Joining me at my armies encampment. She sent me word that Tolofr of Austrgautland had grown tired of Sigbjorn's misrule and pledged his allegiance to my rebellion. He should be able to prove an adequate distraction for Sigbjorn. Besides, Jarl Rikulfr of Skaane, who guards the way to the capital is renowned throughout the Norse world as a pitiful warrior.

September 942

Two days passed I received news that my wife, Gunnhildr had been slain on her way back to Jorvik. Apparently Sigbjorn himself had landed in Dogger bank in the night and laid siege to Jorvik. Gunnhildr's escort was ambushed near Seletun. After a brief struggle she was allegedly slain by Sigbjorn himself. Only now do I see how true my cause is. It is my destiny to free the my people from the tyranny of the Danish King. I am the true King in England!

December 942

I plan now to lift the siege on Jorvik, the loyalists can wait. I must meet the King himself in open battle if I am to prove my valour. I am so close to winning this war, Tolofr assures me Rikulfr is defeated, and he has lain siege to Hleidra. The end of this war is now in sight.

March 943

Disaster, I was defeated at Jorvik, the King's forces were too well defended. It was a close battle, and I barely escaped unscathed. Both of our forces were wittled down however, Jorvik should be able to withstand the siege now. This was a tactical victory. However, I will have to satisfy myself with the loyalists for now. If I am able to defeat them, I should have enough men to face Sigbjorn at Jorvik once again.

November 944

What luck, Sigbjorn's ally, the Jarl of Nordhymbraland was invaded by the Cubric clans of Ystrad Clut. The Danish forces were forced to abandon the siege at Jorvik to help their allies. We should take this opportunity to resupply the capital so it may withstand another siege.

(The lapse in the writings is attributed to Helgi's campaigns in Oxnaford and Lincylene)

June 947

I received word from my chancellor a week past that Godi that Hrane and Yngvar wish to declare peace. I met with the two at Thetford were Hrane told me the story of the visit of a foreign priest. Apparently he had seen the light of the foreign god, and seen some blessed virgin or what not. All that mattered was he wished to rebel against Sigbjorn and the old ways. Hrane pleaded me to follow in his footsteps and embrace the catholic faith, and marry his daughter when she came of age to secure the alliance. After much deliberation, I politely declined, I would not and will not turn my back of the gods, the one true faith.

March 948

Hrane and Yngvar made their intentions to rebel public, sending their forces north to defeat the final loyalist in Briland, Tordr of Djuraby. Following the breakdown of our talks however, both declined to cooperate in our rebellions. Not all the news is good however, Jorvik has fallen. The Danish forces quickly retreated from Nordhymbraland after the defeat of Frireck by the Cumbrics. A traitor apparently opened the gates for the besiegers in the dead of night. Worse still, Tolofr has been forced to retreat his forces from the capital after reinforcements arrived. We are now on the back foot. I don't think it can get much worse.

April 948

Yes it can get much worse. I received word that the kings forces are now sailing to Dogger bank from the capital. What's more the Anglican kings of Essex have declared their intentions to conquer Wessex from under my nose, in the name of their foreign god. Hopefully Hrane and Yngvar can pull through in the north, maybe I can then focus on Essex.

May 950

The Kings forces arrived at Jorvik today, reports suggest numbers vary from 5000 to 7000. Either way they outnumber us. Fortunately we won the battle of Cent, the Anglicans are in retreat. Maybe now if I am able to ambush the Danish army in Loncaester I will be in with a fighting chance against Sigbjorn's new troops

October 952

Yngvar died last week of old age. His son a fervent norseman turned against his former ally Hrane, slaying him on the battlefield. His treason was rewarded by Sigbjorn who awarded him new privileges, along with Hrane's former seat Norfolc. The Battle of Loncaester however was a success. I only need an opportune moment to strike at Sigbjorn's forces.

January 954

My enemies circle me like vultures. The King of Essex launched another assault against Hamtun. The city is in his hands. Even worse, the King of Wales has declared his intentions to conquer Mierce. I cannot commit to another campaign now. If I am able to defeat Sigbjorn's forces, I can end the war today. I just need to find the right opportune time.

September 956

I cannot deal with the Welsh and Anglicans, their forces are too strong. Now I need all my able men up north. I have received word Sigbjorn intends to march on Cottingeham after he has taken Skardaborg. I shall strike when he marches to his next target, it is at this point he will be at his most vulnerable.

June 957

It is now or never, Skardaborg held out far longer than expected, but the king is on the move. I must end this war now. For 15 years men have fought and died below my banner and now they shall be free tonight. I do this for me people and for Gunnhildr, my wife. I shall avenge you, Sigbjorn shall hang from the highest tower in Jorvik and only then will my work be complete...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helgi 'King in England' died on the field of battle at Hwitebi. Reports suggest the battle was a massacre. Many of his soldiers, tired with war turned against their king, slaughtering his forces. Helgi held his banner firm as they cut him down, never losing faith. His last words were reported to have been: 'Gunnhildr, I do this for you.'

The defeat of Helgi's rebellion marked the beginning of the end for Norse England. The war placed a heavy strain on both the local populace and that of the Kingdom of Denmark. The Danish holdings in England were carved up between Essex and Wales over the next few decades. However the legend of Helgi lives on in Norse legend. The story became so prominent, that it was even cited during the 18th century colonial rebellions. A recent film was even released depicting a version of events of Helgi's life, Mangus Tholsteim's 20th century film: Toil from Tyranny, broke many box office records in many areas of the globe.

hGtWISt.jpg

Sigbjorn strikes down Helgi in Tholsteim's film: Toil from Tyranny

Last edited:
Love to see a Spanish full mega campaign, should be exciting. (so another subber :D)

As for EU4 mod wise it depends on what you want to get out of them ;). A more involved, from what I can see, game is to be had with VeF but it does gobble into your playtime on CK2, starting at 1310. Whereas if you want a politically accurate and "messy" game (there are more starting countries for the most part) get MEIOU+Taxes. If you want to compare the two, Marco oliveraro (something like that) is running a nice AAR with MEIOU+T (as Aragon, called merchant kings of Aragon), haven't seen that many VeF AARS that have decent playthrough time yet, but it down to you. Good luck to the future and hope you assert your control over your, hopefully, empire.

P.S can we have more map photos? (I like my picturey AARs :p)

Thanks for the info, im edging more towards M&T at the moment, but its all still up for consideration!
As for pictures i will try to get more pics, but the overall content of each post will dramatically increase upon the reign of Guzmán I, since that's the point at which i actually decided to start making the AAR. Having said that i'll do my best to get more map images of my previous kings! :D

What happened to the Spanish story? Confused

What happened to the Spanish story? Confused
It's the first of a few wider reading articles I aim to do as stated in the FAQ. I'm looking to use them to add depth and develop major foreign events that otherwise wouldn't be covered from a Spanish perspective.

Cool to here, I saw you check out marco's AAR, I'm sure he'll appreciate another subber, he did get me some good M+T start screenies if you want access to those, feel free to mention if do.

Looking forward to this grand campaign, and gl on your next entry.

P.S any plans for a modded Vic 2
P.P.S are you going into HOI also, or stop at end of Vic 2?