• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was brilliant :D If the game turns out coherent stories of intrigue and revenge like that all the time just through normal gameplay, it'll be absolutely outstanding.

So since Thomasse "effectivly managed to make" her son a heir maybe you should free her from prison and get some more backup?

You think shes upp for some more "fun" when being imprissoned? :D

Altho he is Duke and his word is law so I gues she have to do it if he orders her, still he shold watch his back if he decides that she shold give him another sweet sweet bastard.
MORE BASTARDS! Dutchy of Bastardia!

I assume there's going to be something of an enormous rush to marry her--so how's the AI going to sort out who gets the honor?

That's a real problem. We've had two AAR mentioning the marriage with our sweet Maud like THE good tactic to follow for a human player, and surely AI wouln't miss the possibility to get his discendents such an appetizing title like the one of "Duke of Tuscany.

So, how are you thinking to avoid the "rush to Mathilda" in the first years of the game? Or will it be the old "first come, first served", and the quicker to propose will have Maudie's maidenhood as well as the dominion on half of the Northern Italy? Needless to say, that will upset all equilibria and all balances of powers in the italian scenario...

IIRC, Mathildia married just once, after years, without male outcome, and wasn't that keen about remarrying. In a CK1-like logic, an unmarried ruler is a waste, so not only she'd marry asap, but, should she survive her husband, she'd rush to remarry again and again and again. Poorly historical, you'd agree.

I think that will take us back to the marriage system, of whom we haven't spoken yet...

Obviously the Marry-Matilda tactic will not be that feasible when we start balance the game.

Really intriguing mini-AAR. Looking forward to some beta AARs in the near future.

Sucks to be a Duke when your Liege is feeling ambitious though.

=)

(how that, not feasable ? :p Will the marriage be negotiated ? )

I guess it depends on how much she is worth. Given that she controls a lot of land in Italy, you should have some prestige to get her hand. A duke like Brittany might not be important enough (and hopefully, too different in culture).

Sucks to be a Duke when your Liege is feeling ambitious though.

Brittany is independent though. But you're right when they have claims it is open season. So you need friends, or befriend your liege!

I guess it depends on how much she is worth. Given that she controls a lot of land in Italy, you should have some prestige to get her hand. A duke like Brittany might not be important enough (and hopefully, too different in culture).

And hopefully if you arent to powerfull you might win her heart by joining her in a defensive war and saving her ass from the eavil invadors(basicaly if you have a top relationshipp with her and she realy likes you).

IIRC, Mathildia married just once, after years, without male outcome, and wasn't that keen about remarrying. In a CK1-like logic, an unmarried ruler is a waste, so not only she'd marry asap, but, should she survive her husband, she'd rush to remarry again and again and again. Poorly historical, you'd agree

That could be handled by giving her the right trait.

Yeah, baby! I'm addicted to beta\preview AARs, didn't think we'd have one this early, though.

Love the screenshot!

How do you accidentally assassinate your own son?!? :p Anyways, cool mini-AAR.

For example poison (favourite murder weapon of women) doesn't choose its victim - just take the wrong goblet and you can easily assasinate yourself.

EDIT: It reminded me some of the funny assasination events in CKI where stewards kill their kings by leaving a treasure box near stairs so victims fall down and break their necks; and chancellors overturn bookcases and their kings end smashed.

Last edited: