A slightly nerfed conqueror trait for all ai rulers with suitable stats would be a god send for improving difficulty in my opinion.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

peteoj

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Oct 28, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
1000003508.png

Could you imagine if there was a game rule that all granted ai rulers with suitable traits (brave, ambitious, diligent, wrathful, vengeful etc) the Conqueror trait but with nerfed stats. Maybe - 40% men at arms maintenence and title creation cost. Keep the enemy hostile scheme resistance the way it is. Maybe scale down the tax to +2 same with legitimacy. Keep the forced vassalization cassus belli but change the cost of cassus bells to being reduced and not outright reduced. Maybe it's a long shot to ask for this since the devs have been vocal about their hesitance to make the ai artifically powerful to increase difficulty but think it woulda cool option for those of us wanting a chellenge. If the devs can't implement this really hope one day a modder might be able to implement it.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'd rather that the AI actually knew how to fight. I'm on my second playthrough and just conquered Arabia. My vassals won a crown authority war once. That was the only war I lost.
Is this a GSG? I'm new to the genre but I thought they would be more challenging and thus interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd rather that the AI actually knew how to fight. I'm on my second playthrough and just conquered Arabia. My vassals won a crown authority war once. That was the only war I lost.
Is this a GSG? I'm new to the genre but I thought they would be more challenging and thus interesting.
Only if vassals would have defended their titles along with Liege, world conquest wouldn't be so easy.

• 3Like
Reactions:

If I see a faction for lower crown authority, I just raise it once if not already on 4, try to get as many angry vassals in there and then just give into their demands.
No hooks, no actual changes for me and all those vassals can't join another faction for 5 years... ^^

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
But why would you want that? A rebellion is a good way to take more land for the Crown!

I already have my personal Duchies sorted, in a usually stable realm and my kids get to rule newly taken land from outside the realm.

And if there is a vassal getting uppity, a murder plot has already been started. ;)