A Sea-change in HBS Customer Interaction...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
...I think they should go to a monthly post that gives us a broad outline, if anything.
A Sea Change is not necessarily a bad thing. It can indeed herald a new, even better way forward. A monthly post offering a broad outline could indeed be part of that way forward.

Mitch has even mentioned that he’ll be talking about BATTLETECH at next week’s GAMESCON.

So while a Sea Change is not necessarily a bad thing, It should be noted and discussed as it occurs.

How else would HBS know what it’s fans and customers value about its brand?

How many customers come to it when it releases a game, buy the game, play the game, and then go away until the next game?

Then again, how many fans are willing and eager to maintain a more robust presence, contributing to a BATTLETECH Community, regularly sharing, enjoying and discussing All-Things-BATTLETECH-&-HBS?

Threads discussing HBS Customer Interaction very much help HBS determine what its fans and customers value and in my opinion, help it best find a way forward. :bow:

Did I value what HBS achieved during its first 2 and half years beginning with the BATTLETECH KickStarter?

HELLS, YES!

Will I value the BATTLETECH Dev Diaries and HBS Live-streaming that Mitch mentioned above, might be the “Tent Poles” of HBS Customer Interaction moving forward?

HELLS, YES!

We are just in that in-between time. Where the old is done and the new, not yet begun.

Maybe some of this will begin when Mitch speaks of BATTLETECH next week. : )

Although I must say that does seem a little ironic to end a talk-down post with an on par desire for monthly update posts (basically what Paradox calls Dev Diaries). That means there is a shared desire for more interaction. I guess we are all spoiled then.

Eh, oh well, that just caught my attention. But yea, Prussian reiterated that Mitch said both Dev Diaries and live-streams are on the horizon, and HBS will have a presence at Gamescom. Sounds good to me!

Where and how "noting and discussing" can go wrong
So while a Sea Change is not necessarily a bad thing, It should be noted and discussed as it occurs.

So long as we are none of us spamming. Or Concern trolling. Or Band-wagoning an agenda.

Amirite? [Rhetorical]

Insert Ron Burgundy "I like scotch meme here!"

1l9bT.jpg

Montgomery-Scotty-Scott.jpg

Very late to this post, but I'm going to throw my two cents in about the original post, since I can.

Y'all have ridiculously high expectations. HBS is kinda at fault for that, because they have been extremely accommodating, and y'all are spoiled now.

This was all about the game, and the game is a thing now. Devs probably have other projects, as well as RL, and a metric ton of things to do involved in twining with Paradox, etc., etc., and time is precious. Everyone wants real people, with real priorities, to spend time in here chatting with us and saying things and updating us and being witty and promising things. Respectfully, I think that expectation is silly.

I think they should go to a monthly post that gives us a broad outline, if anything.

HBS has established that part of their brand is incredible community involvement, so a change of that feels like they are changing who they are as a company.

Reacting to that perceived change is not a spoiled childish action, it is customer feedback on a percieved diminution of the product. The product in this case is not just the game but the company communicating with the customer about the game, its problems, and its future.

As the dev responses in this thread show HBS is aware that relationship is part of their company's product and are actively working on maintaining and upgrading that part of their business.

HBS has established that part of their brand is incredible community involvement, so a change of that feels like they are changing who they are as a company.

Reacting to that perceived change is not a spoiled childish action, it is customer feedback on a percieved diminution of the product. The product in this case is not just the game but the company communicating with the customer about the game, its problems, and its future.

As the dev responses in this thread show HBS is aware that relationship is part of their company's product and are actively working on maintaining and upgrading that part of their business.
See, I knew I liked you for some reason ;) .

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Ways feedback can be counterproductive to the alleged goal or intent and instead become toxic.
Reacting to that perceived change is not a spoiled childish action,
Greetings Mechwarriors

Maybe,
Unless the manner of the reaction its couched in is as said above a "spoiled childish reaction". Toxic behavior on a community is still toxic, uncivil, or disrespectful behavior, even when some convince themselves it's "justified" by their own perspective. Such actually is counterproductive to useful feedback rather than amplifying it.

The content of yellow text posts in this thread and others addresses such and more. For this thread they can be found in the threadmarks tab and by the index button.
Dev posts likewise can be sorted through the Sort filter tab: "Show only Dev responses"

Thank you all.

HBS_HighCommand discusses HBS' Way Forward
So like I said earlier in this thread, we've been up to our asses spinning many plates simultaneously (and effectively - huzzah) and are just now getting enough bandwidth to reengage.

Kiva will likely post her first of our regular dev diaroes next week while I'm away and after Gamescom, I'll appear on Anders' stream to talk a few times to talk about the stuff we're announcing at the show. From there, we'll make a plan to do more livestreaming, too. I miss that.

So like I said earlier in this thread, we've been up to our asses spinning many plates simultaneously (and effectively - huzzah) and are just now getting enough bandwidth to reengage.

Kiva will likely post her first of our regular dev diaroes next week while I'm away and after Gamescom, I'll appear on Anders' stream to talk a few times to talk about the stuff we're announcing at the show. From there, we'll make a plan to do more livestreaming, too. I miss that.
That, Good Sir, is a very welcome way forward for HBS and our BATTLETECH Community. Thank you. :bow:

That's the best thing I've read on here in a long time.
So simple, yet so appreciated.

Is tomorrow the first day of GAMESCON and Saturday the last?

Is there a day when Game Companies traditionally make such announcements? Like a Media Day, or something?