• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Casluerj

Caslucifer
67 Badges
Jan 11, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
I've been seeing a lot of radical (and sometimes bizarres) suggestions and request for EUIII.

I also have one:

- Please dont hear most of them... Make EUIII be only.............. Europa Universalis, not another weird game.

I do hope you'll accomplish this :)

Thanks in advance.

EU3 need to change from what was EU2 (into something better of course;)), or else it would be no need to make a new game. So I would favour some of the ideas we see here to come into play, including making the game more complex. That can be accomplished without making this another Vicky game IMHO. When that is said, I certainly hope some of the ideas presented here lately won't be included.:p

No one wants more complexity and micromanagement. Those things aren't fun. We want a better game, not a more complex one.

Nikolai said:
EU3 need to change from what was EU2 (into something better of course;)), or else it would be no need to make a new game. So I would favour some of the ideas we see here to come into play, including making the game more complex. That can be accomplished without making this another Vicky game IMHO. When that is said, I certainly hope some of the ideas presented here lately won't be included.:p

Because of that I said: "Dont hear MOST of them"... Of course some ideas were good... But the majority was hilarious.

Everybody is justing putting forward their ideas, some are usefull and some are not, but just let everybody have its fun and let just see what Paradox makes of it.

I hope EUIII is more then EUII with extra provinces/buildings/events.

Yeah, I love watching the discussions!:) They are mostly very interesting. Too bad I don't have half the knowledge needed to contribute anything very worthy myself.:p

Yakman said:
No one wants more complexity and micromanagement. Those things aren't fun. We want a better game, not a more complex one.

Actually, some people *do* want micromanagement. It's scary.

Duuk said:
They will be the first up against the wall when the Revolution comes.

Duuk said:
Ah, but you think some other opinions of me are scary as well... ;)

Skarion said:
I atleast want a game there it exist possibility to micromanagement if you want to.
No you don't.

One of the lessons from Victoria I think is that while players like to have the feeling they are able to control the destiny of the nation they play, many do not want so much control over the internal running of their nation that there never seems a break from having to keep an eye on things.

Skarion said:
Why not? That's why I liked Eu2 (And the history part) compared to Civ or the TW series...
As far as I know, he talks about micromanagement ala Vicky, which ppl believes it's awfully complex (I don't own Vicky); not the way EU2 let you micromanage some stuff.

As far as I know, he talks about micromanagement ala Vicky, which ppl believes it's awfully complex (I don't own Vicky); not the way EU2 let you micromanage some stuff.

Yes, but as Vicky micromanagement was nessecery for survival, it wouldn't fit my prequiste so well.

My micromanagement I want are the possibility to micromanage the country only if you absolutly want to.

(For example go into those armies and pick out the perfect leader, go into the province and change the religious tollerance exactly so the smallest religions in the province would be wiped out as yours and the other bigger ones survives so you can lower the potential rebellions and so on).