• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter I: The Red March through Asia. (Part IV)
Chapter I: The Red March through Asia. (Part IV)
"The only way to change the future is to change the present." - Seo Ju-hyun (Seohyun), south korean actress and singer.
-----------------------------------------------
Dubrovnik, United Nations Transitional Authority in Dalmatia. ~ July 11th, 2018.

"So they are hiding in that place, I thought they had left it when we arrived years ago. Seems the italians weren't capable of ejecting them, well, those armed thugs will pay." ~ Sun-ja thought after looking for some minutes through her snipe rifle's scope.
It took her a long time to find the ones responsible for her sister's death, but finally she had them where she wanted them.

The night covered every street with darkness, some parts of the city didn't have power and those were usually the places where the gangs always hide. The peacekeeping force hadn't act against them, there were some orders against doing so and warning about engaging in combat against the gangs if they didn't attack first.
Of course, even if they did some of the commanders preferred avoiding casualties, after all, losing soldiers at a remote place wasn't exactly popular back home.

"I bet if they thought the same about my sister's death, we may be soldiers but our lives aren't worth more than the civilian ones." ~ as she finished thinking that, she started to get ready to climb down from the church's roof.

As her plan was basically a rogue operation, she couldn't count with support from the british, canadian or korean troops. That was the reason she went with the croatian paramilitaries, there were several resistance groups and cells left from the chaotic conflicts Yugoslavia and Italy went through.
Some of them were still active, they were armed and ready to preserve peace and safety in case the peacekeeper troops got deployed to another place.

"Sun-ja, of all those foreign soldiers, koreans have been the best. I'll always be grateful for you, your sister did so much for people here. Specially the orphans, she didn't deserve that ending and I'm helping you to finish this deed." ~ that was what Katarina said when Sun-ja approached her with the plan, weeks ago.

When she got down and back into the church, she stood astonished by the numerous group Katarina had assembled for the raid against the Sponza Palace, the serbian paramilitaries hideout.
"Don't worry Sun-ja, no one will betray you, we are all here for the same reason; Ji-won deserves revenge and we will get it for her." ~ Katarina said and all the militias in there agreed.

Modern History: Korea. - Wade Barnett.

By September 9th, 1950, the whole territory of the Republic of Korea was freed. There were several debates going on about the course of action to take, however, MacArthur's popularity along the steam the offensive got since the second battle of Busan ended made the only choice appear on the table: North Korea had to dissappear and the high echelons of the army and the government agreed on that.
President Truman was afraid, after all, the war could escalate and get China or the Soviet Union involved turning itself into a Third World War just five years after the second finished.

But that wasn't the only concearn for Truman, after all, there were reports informing MacArthur's stance regarding the war. He advocated continuing it beyond the Yalu river in order to destroy the supply depots present at the People's Republic of China, basically; MacArthur wanted to recover China from the communist claws that stole it from Chiang.
But that wasn't a priority yet, meanwhile, Defense Secretary Marshall sent a message for MacArthur; he was basically receiving a blank cheque to continue the war beyond the 38th Parallel; however, he avoided mentioning China, no one in the government wanted to see a war against China as it could involve the Soviet Union.

After receiving the news and the authorization from the United States government, MacArthur rallied the UN, american and south korean forces to go beyond the 38th Parallel. They quickly advanced with the USAF's support, the demoralized, disorganized and broken KPA had no way to answer.
The South Korean offensive was an impressive success, nonetheless, not everything was fine in the government. As soon as Syngman Rhee got back to Seoul he started massive campaigns against his political enemies, against people suspicious of being communist supporters; the purges begun and several crimes started to take place all over the country with several foreign generals trying to protect the population from Rhee's paranoia.

At the same time, the Coalition manage to successfully cross the 38th Parallel, however, several thousands of KPA soldiers were quickly marching towards Pyongyang, they were decided to win at their capital. The advance northwards was sucessful but it also created questions in the high echelons of the army, some of them were about a possible intervention by China, by the Soviet Union or the possibility of crossing the Yalu to destroy the depots at Manchuria.

13th September (24).jpg

Situation in the Peninsula after September 18th, 1950. The Great Coalition troops got near to Pyongyang over 200,000 soldiers were ready to defend the city, however, only the two marine divisions and some ROK Army regiments were and Sariwon. Nonetheless, MacArthur gave the order to advance with USAF support.
The Coalition advance uncovered several atrocities committed by the KPA, however, those weren't the only ones to take place during the Korean War. But this is better explained in my second book; "The Darkness of the Korean War".
Thie High Command started to plan the next route the offensive would take, eventually taking the improvised defenses built at Hamhung was seen as a logical step. Without the improvised fortress there was a chance to cut the KPA from one side of the peninsula to the other, after that advancing towards Gangye would be easier; the anti-air installations were strong and the USAF couldn't risk launching a raid against those positions, that was the reason behind Hamhung's importance.

17th September (25).jpg

The Battle of Hamhung started on September 21st, 1950. There were few defenders at the KPA side, however, the terrain and their improvised defenses were able to slow down the Coalition's advance.
However, the most important battle during those dates was the Battle of Pyongyang.
Over thirty KPA divisions, an estimated number of 280,000 soldiers, fought against 35,000 US-ROK soldiers, most of those were american marines as the majority of the ROK Army was fighting at Hamhung or was deployed at Wonsan, getting ready to advance towards Kanggye.
Thousands of militias were formed to fight against the Coalition at Pyongyang, however, the heavy bombing by USAF and the weakened state fo the KPA meant that the defense was doomed to failure.

After barely a day of fighting and sustaining only 600 casualties by the Coalition and 5,100 by the KPA, they eventually surrendered en masse.
The militias dispersed, some turned into guerrillas while others tried to avoid the blood spilling. It was such a surprise, eventually, the North Korean government was able to flee towards Sinuiju. MacArthur and other generals were considering the idea of ordering a huge bombing raid against the North's left infrastructure, however, MacArthur chose to preserve it as he saw the victory was close.

But the looming threat of chinese intervention was still in the mind of everyone, nonetheless, Pyongyang finally fell in September 23th, 1950. The city was taken and soon troops were sent towards Sinuiju and Kanggye, the final phase of the war was beginning.
Everyone thought that the fall of Pyongyang would cause a chinese intervention, however, it never materialized; some studies say the reason behind it was the chaos of Mao's Campaign to Suppress Counterrevolutionaries.
However, several documents and archives were lost during the Cultural Revolution and its aftermath and it's quite impossible to state facts about the lack of an intervention by China.

23th September (27).jpg

It was a surprise but many were already speculating that getting near the Yalu river would cause a chinese intervention on the war, tensions were quite high during those days.
The fight at Hamhung finished at September 25th, it was evident that the poor supplied KPA soldiers wouldn't be able to resist the attack by the Coalition from Wonsan. Even the improvised fortress wasn't able to survive against the continuous bombing raids launched by the USAF.
General Emmett O'Donnell requested permission to burn several cities plagued by guerrillas and other defensible positions that the KPA could use to resist the Coalition's advance but MacArthur was against it as he thought the war was close to getting finished.

However, MacArthur stated that he would basically ignore if O'Donnell's raids against military objectives caused collateral damage, after insisting he wasn't ready to begin a bombing campaign similar to the one that brought Japan to its knees.
When the Coalition took Hamhung at September 28th MacArthur ordered the USAF to stop the bombing raids that could affect infrastructure or economic objectives, considering that the war was already won and that chinese involvement was not going to materialize any time soon.

27th September (28).jpg

Situation in the Korean Peninsula by September 28th, the fall of Hamhung and Pyongyang were decisive in the conflict; marking the true last phase of the war.
23th September (26).jpg

Casualties suffered during the advance towards Hamhung, even with their improvised defences and favoured terrain the defenders weren't able to crush the offensive or cause more casualties to the attacking forces.
Well, here's today update!
Took me a long time to write it haha, but here it is.

I hope you enjoy it and in these days I'll post the last update of this chapter, the true end of the Korean War.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: The first part of this update may be sensible to some, if that's the case tell me and I will cut out Im Sun-ja's storyline and retake another one of the characters.
Have a nice day/evening/night. ^^

Last edited:
So the war looks to be all but over, with no Chinese intervention, leading us to a hopeful, if uncertain, future.

So the war looks to be all but over, with no Chinese intervention, leading us to a hopeful, if uncertain, future.
Indeed, that event for China about Pyongyang's fall was made by me, I made it to help North Korea as they were getting destroyed by my armies haha.
The ai chance of intervening was 80% so I got quite surprised when I saw they didn't, after it, I thought they would advance when I got Hamhung but that will be covered in next update too.

When I took Hamhung and Pyongyang I could already annex North Korea :p but that wasn't fun to do, so I kept fighting to get rid of all the enemy units.

One question, I'm curious (because I want to improve my english-writing) do you feel the narrations I post at the start of the updates are good? Was this one fine?
Thanks! ^^

One question, I'm curious (because I want to improve my english-writing) do you feel the narrations I post at the start of the updates are good? Was this one fine?
Difficult to judge, because obviously right now I don't know precisely what you are trying to do with them. They give hints at a future world, but it will take time for me to be able to judge their context.

In terms of how they are written they are fine. One can tell they are translated in terms of a some awkward grammar and punctuation, but it is no barrier to meaning. If you like I could try and re-write one of the passages to demonstrate - but I wouldn't want to do so as a criticism.

Difficult to judge, because obviously right now I don't know precisely what you are trying to do with them. They give hints at a future world, but it will take time for me to be able to judge their context.

In terms of how they are written they are fine. One can tell they are translated in terms of a some awkward grammar and punctuation, but it is no barrier to meaning. If you like I could try and re-write one of the passages to demonstrate - but I wouldn't want to do so as a criticism.
I'll tell you a secret, I also don't know why I'm trying to do with them. :p
I'm trying to improve my writing skills with them haha, I can easily write in my language those narrations but I'm trying to get better with english.

Yes I'd like to see a re-write passage ^^ send it as PM ^^ thanks!
I appreciate it

I'll tell you a secret, I also don't know why I'm trying to do with them. :p
I'm trying to improve my writing skills with them haha, I can easily write in my language those narrations but I'm trying to get better with english.

Yes I'd like to see a re-write passage ^^ send it as PM ^^ thanks!
I appreciate it
I'll try to remember to do that. I am not quite sure when it will be - but I'll drop you a PM when I manage it.

Chapter I: The Red March through Asia. (Part V)
Chapter I: The Red March through Asia. (Part V)
"I will defend Korea as I would my own country-just as I would California." - General Douglas MacArthur.
Gyeongmudae, Seoul, Republic of Korea. ~ September 29th, 1950.

Seoul was quite damaged, but it wasn't the only place in South Korea to feel the injuries caused by war. There were several cities, towns and villages destroyed or plagued by the chaos caused by the advance of the KPA, thousands were starving, thousands lost their families and their few possessions. The economy which was already weak got crushed under the weight of the brutal war and the economic hardships generated corruption in the ROK Army.

The number of issues plaguing the peninsula were untold, it was evident that the current state of the country wasn't the best, nonetheless, Syngman Rhee thought those were issues to be dealt with at a later date. Meanwhile, the Korean War had the attention of everyone in the country but that wasn't the only thing, when the KPA was forced to retreat after the Second Battle of Busan, thousands of soldiers fled into the countryside and formed guerillas to continue the struggle against the government of the Republic of Korea.

However, everyone at Gyeongmudae was relieved, specially when the american general Douglas MacArthur met with the south korean president, Syngman Rhee.

"General, the United Nations and America's support have been so useful. Without those troops and equipment the KPA would be rounding up our last forces at Busan in this day." ~ Syngman Rhee said.
He was thankful, the american intervention allowed him to stay in power and there was the possibility of uniting the peninsula now that chinese involvement was considered to be null.

"The KPA's back broke after Busan, however, our own supply lines are getting overextended. If we do not act fast enough, we'll face the same issues and we must also be wary. China may get involved, I considered the idea of launching an attack across the Yalu river. It's quite risky, but we could stop once and for all the meddling of China in this war and also teach those reds a pair of lessons about american resolve and compromise with their allies." ~ said the american general, the saviour of Korea.

"While I agree that China needs to learn a lesson, I think it isn't the best option at the moment. We'll be dealing with huge uprisings and chaos when the north is beaten, I bet those communists won't stop or surrender easily. General, we must focus all our strength on fighting the insurgencies that will start once their regime is gone."

The last phase of the war was going to start soon, the fall of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea was close and soon the peninsula would be united once again.

Her fate laid on the hands of general Douglas MacArthur and president Syngman Rhee.

10th October (29).jpg

The Battle of Ganggye was fought from September 30th to October 3th. Coalition troops attacked from Pyongyang, Wonsan and Hamhung, the KPA morale collapsed after a bombing raid destroyed their army HQ killing their commanders.
After Hamhung fell, MacArthur ordered a general stop to all the bombing raids planned that could affect the infrastructure or some economic objectives. After all, he thought that the war was finished and that China wouldn't intervene. He still wanted to cross the Yalu, just to be sure that China wouldn't intervene against his Coalition, however, after discussing his plan with president Syngman Rhee and other commanders; he threw his plan away.

The battle at Ganggye was long if one takes in consideration the lack of equipment or supplies at the KPA side, they still fought with everything they had. It wasn't enough and on October 3th they surrendered. Sinuiju, the temporal capital of North Korea after Pyongyang fell was taken in October 1st, that left the KPA at Ganggye without another option. Thousands of soldiers tried to cross the Yalu river, some managed to do so, however, MacArthur ordered one of the last bombing raids against KPA positions.
Bridges crossing the Yalu river were destroyed cutting off the retreat started by several soldiers of the KPA.

The leaders of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea couldn't be found at Sinuiju and speculation started about it, some thought they left for China and others thought they died at a bombing raid. Answers were never found. Nonetheless, after Ganggye fell, there was a single battle left at the northeast of the peninsula, near the border with the Soviet Union, something that created some fear, if things went wrong the Soviet Union could intervene directly and that would be the cause of World War Three.
That's the reason behind MacArthur's decision to launch the last offensive without air support, any kind of mistake would prove disastrous.

15th October (30).jpg

On October 8th the Coalition launches an attack against Cheongjin, the last stronghold of the KPA and the remaining bulwark of communism in Korea.
Approximately 30,000 Coaltion soldiers (most of them were koreans) fought against barely 10,000 soldiers of the KPA. The terrain was quite favourable for defenders but their lack of supplies and reinforcements made their positions untenable, even if they were able to stop the offensive there were thousands of soldiers moving towards Hamhung to support the attack.

After destroying the bridges at the Yalu River, thousands of soldiers of the KPA that were fleeing from Sinuiju were left without a safe place to retreat to. While many of them chose to disperse back to Pyongyang to form militias and guerrillas, most of them were captured trying to get to Ganggye; according to their captured commander they thought they could fight against the token garrison left at the city by the Coalition.
However, that proved catastrophic as their formations were recognized by USAF planes long before they reached the outskirts of the city.

16th October (31).jpg

Thousands of soldiers surrendered at Sinuiju, however, some of them tried to return to Pyongyang and most of them tried to reach Ganggye to continue the war.
The People's Republic of China was able to recognize the lost cause of a communist and united Korea, the Soviet Union pressed them to intervene in the Korean War in October however, the intervention never materialized and was one of the reasons behind the Sino-Soviet Split that later took place.
While information about the lack of intervention by China hasn't been released yet and several documents were destroyed during the chaos of the Cultural Revolution there's some speculation about Mao's distrust regarding the Soviet Union and the possibility of United States getting totally involved against China.

At the end of the day, Communist China chose to stay safe, after all, at least Vietnam was already painted red by communism. Getting involved at Korea would only cause America's anger and Mao knew that China wasn't ready to fight a war against the United States, not while their navy was so close home and their bombers were ready to deploy nuclear weapons.

19th October (32).jpg

The lack of chinese intervention in Korea led to the total defeat of communism at the peninsula, allowing Syngman Rhee to be the president behind the unification of Korea.
After several days of fierce resistance, finally the KPA had to surrender on October 17th, they couldn't keep fighting anymore as bullets and food were scarce among the soldiers. It was the end and everyone at the peninsula knew it, even at Beijing and Moscow the results were clear: Korea was united and communism had been stopped finally.

The war was costly for the North, for the South, for United States, for many countries as well but finally there was going to be peace. Finally Korea had left behind one of the challenges, the country was united and it was time for reconstruction and forgiveness. However, Syngman Rhee didn't thought the same.
But that one is another chapter of this book.

23th October (34).jpg

The Republic of Korea after the Korean War, the DPRK was destroyed and their armies dispersed. However, it was only the beginning of Korea's modern history.

Victory.jpg

October 20th: National Day of Unification.
Hi everyone, apologies for taking so long to update.
Regarding this update, I know it's quite short, to be honest I had few stuff left to tell in this update but I felt that the last phase needed one part of it's own and here it is.

Currently I'm still researching and making events for the game so I may take a bit more of time to release the next update.
I know it took a looong time to cover this June-October period but well, it was because the war was raging.
During peace I'll cover more time in updates and there may be some dedicated to events in the world.

By the way, if someone knows about american politics please write me.
I'm curious about the possibility of having MacArthur as Republican nominee for 1952 in here.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoyed it.

So unity in the peninsular at last.

So unity in the peninsular at last.
Indeed, it's good that the war has finished. :p
I was quite surprised to see that China didn't get involved in the peninsula.

I was expecting a huge counterattack if I got distracted.
Right now I'm making some events to spice up the game until 1952 elections.
:p

After that, I'll probably stick without custom events except some for foreign countries.
As a Rhee presidency wouldn't be as innovative as Park Chung-hee's.
But we'll eventually see what happens. :p

Testing.jpg
This AAR isn't dead, I'm just working on events and editing the game files.
:)

Here's one of my latest testings, the blue province is actually Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, while...yeah, I made Manchuria independent by mistake haha.
Anyways, it's going slowly but I plan to have the next update soon.

I'm finishing events to cover the rest of 1950 to 1952, after that I'll play without custom events for a small time, perhaps until 1960, I'll check.

Korea world conquest when? :D
Hahaha, as fun as that would be :p I'll try to keep it a bit...realistic.
But you must know I had the crazy idea of invading Japan for the lol's. :D

"Know, my fellow Koreans, that at first we'll liberate our countrymen in Yanbian, then we take our vengence for 1910 humilation, after this will march into the world and make our Korea greater than ever"
- (soon to be) God-Emperor of Koreans Rhee Syng-man

"Know, my fellow Koreans, that at first we'll liberate our countrymen in Yanbian, then we take our vengence for 1910 humilation, after this will march into the world and make our Korea greater than ever"
- (soon to be) God-Emperor of Koreans Rhee Syng-man
:p I like your enthusiasm, but I bet you'll be worried soon.

Chapter II: A Broken Home. (Part I)
Chapter II: A Broken Home. (Part I)
"American presence is, you know, the major cause of balance of power and the stability in this region." - Kim Dae-jung, former president of South Korea.
Yeon-gil, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture, Republic of China. ~ September 15th, 2018.

Yeon-gil or Yanji, both were the same city just under different names; the former used by koreans and the latter by chinese.
Officially the whole Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture was part of the Republic of China but the reality was quite different, Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture along Changbai Korean Autonomous County were practically part of the Republic of Korea as the korean government was the one providing everything.

It was an interesting situation, after all, basically all of Manchuria's economy depended on korean chaebols and investment, this same reason allowed the Republic of Korea to maintain a strong presence and influence in the Republic of China; economic influence along the military outposts all over the region made Manchuria basically an autonomous region of Korea, of course, that wasn't the case but some people saw it that way.

Im Sun-ja didn't care about that, she had troubles after her rogue operation in Dalmatia two months ago, however her father's influence helped her to stay in the army. She was posted at the military base near Yeon-gil, it was quite boring compared to Dalmatia but at least she was safe and that was everything her parents wanted now.
But even after leaving Dalmatia she couldn't stop regretting her inability to protect her sister, she also was thinking about the ones that died during her revenge, she was one of those casualties.

"Leave before this place turns into a massive fireball, I can't continue..." - Those were Katarina's last words.

Katarina died avenging her country, her people and Im Ji-won as well.
The Korean War was short but it was devastating for the peninsula, the few industries were wrecked and the farmers were dispersed after the total chaos that consumed the country.
Infrastructure was heavily damaged after the numerous raids realized by the USAF, thousands lost all their possessions while many more lost relatives or friends. Nonetheless, the United States government along the United Nations were committed to helping rebuild Korea after the devastation.

One of the first issues that Rhee's administration had to deal with was the state of the north korean industries. As I previously stated, Japan focused the eavy industry at the northern part of the peninsula while the south remained basically agrarian but with a small presence of light industry.
During the short-lived Democratic People's Republic of Korea the industries were put under the control of the government as basically every communist country.

There's not enough information available to determine if the economy was good in North Korea, however, economists assume that the country would eventually undergo a chaotic economic decline without Soviet aid. Nonetheless, those are only speculations as I said previously that no data was recovered after the Korean War. Returning to the main point, Syngman Rhee's administration had two choices regarding the industry at the northern parts of the country: Privatizing those industries, clearly favouring the few and small existing ones at South Korea or keeping the current policy meaning that those industries would stay under government control.

Picture 1.jpg

In November 25th, 1950, the government chose to keep those industries under their thumb. Syngman Rhee thought it was the best option to guarantee Seoul's influence over the reconstruction of the northern part of the peninsula.
While the industry affair was solved easily by Syngman Rhee's decision to maintain government's influence in the north, there was another issue to deal with. North Korea's land reform can be considered...more successful as it redistributed more land for the farmers while South Korea chose to keep the japanese and former collaborators support meaning that they still had better lands than many farmers.
After the war this was one of the pressing issues, there wasn't as much farming land in the north as in the south, however, they still had a better land reform and it made Syngman Rhee quite uncomfortable as japanese and chinilpa (pro-Japanese collaborators) that fled from North Korea were now pressing him to restablish the previous order over the north.

Rhee knew chaos would engulf the north if he supported the japanese and chinilpa, however, he was also sure that without their support he could lose the power. His supporters in the South were even pressing him to undo the reform that Kim Il-sung made, several americans advised him against that as they knew it would only create more chaos and violence through the country.
Previously, his supporters wanted him to hand the industries to them claiming they would be able to improve Korea's economy but Rhee felt it would give away the government's power and after taking that into consideration he chose to undo North Korea's land reform; after all, he thought industries gave him the upper hand.

Picture 2.jpg

The japanese and chinilpa landowners were happy to receive back their land, however, discontent started to grow up through all the north and even in the southern parts of the peninsula, former KPA soldiers along communist sympathizers started to gain more popularity.
Rhee's actions and decisions caused more unrest, national outrage was quite high. nonetheless he still had enough popularity as he was the winner of the Korean War.
Parts of the population were quite angry at his economic decisions and his support for japanese and former collaborators, but others were also joyous about the unification of the peninsula.
After the government announced the final decision on both issues an uprising took place, Ganggye, Hamhung, Pyongyang and even in southern parts of the country as Daegu rebels started to act.

Rhee was quick to answer, the army received orders to crush those uprisings and even the american soldiers deployed in Korea took part in the offensive against the rebels. It's important to say that most of those american units fought only against rebels in the north, MacArthur thought that advancing against the rebels at the south could discredit their morale superiority.
By December 18th, president Truman decided that Korea was an important and integral part of the Liberty Shield in Asia against the communism, United States sent more supplies and support for the country and several bases were established for the american forces, soon more military advisors started to arrive in order to train the ROK Army.

Picture 4.jpg

Korea granted basing rights and received supplies, troops and advisors to improve the country's security as part of a bigger scheme called the "Shield of Liberty", a defensive measure against communism in Asia.

Picture 6.jpg

American Advisors continued to train the ROK Army while Kyongseong Precision developed (with american help) improved techniques to repair vehicles, easing the challenges presented by logistics.
By the end of the year, most of the situation was back under government's control. Rebels were getting crushed, however, a small KPA force was able to advance towards Busan, it was ironic, where the KPA failed, a smaller force was able to succeed.
Most of the army was still at the north as the strongest guerrillas were there, Syngman Rhee also thought it was a better option to keep those cities garrisoned, when the remaining KPA forces in South Korea chose to strike Busan it was such a surprise for everyone at Seoul and Busan.

While it was a surprise, it wasn't something to fear, after all, the ROK Army was crushing the rebels at the north and when they were finished they would advance southwards to crush the uprising.
Even a small uprising took place at Jeju Island, however, that one was crushed by american forces deployed from Okinawa.
The year was ending and the situation was so different, Korea was united and several political struggles were ahead along communist insurgencies: 1951 would be one of the most important years for Korea's development.

Picture 5.jpg

By year's end the rebels only kept fighting at Hamhung, Cheongjin and Gwangju.
Gyeongmudae, Seoul, Republic of Korea. ~ December 29th, 1950.

Syngman Rhee was still at his office, recent reports from the army showed that they were having huge success in the north; however, not enough troops were deployed in the south allowing a tiny KPA force to take Busan and Gwangju.
He still wasn't worried, after all, those reports were quite exaggerated, Busan hadn't fall yet only the outskirts. American troops at the heart of the city repelled the KPA's advance, that was the reason for their advance towards Gwangju, rumours said they weren't going to stop until Seoul had fallen, but he knew better; he was sure that the KPA and the communist sympathizers would be crushed, he was also sure that the government had to take tougher measure to ensure national security.

"President Rhee, we have received a report from the Chief of Staff, he says that the airbases at Ganggye are secured, the rebels failed at destroying the planes or damaging the airstrips. He is currently sending troops towards the south." ~ said the aide.

"Well, it seems that general Park Chung-hee is better than we thought. His unit dissolved when Seoul fell back in the Summer, however, he along some troops stayed here to create chaos against the KPA occupation. After the americans arrived he was able to reinforce his unit, eventually fighting in Pyongyang, Ganggye and Sinuiju...I can surely say that after me, he is one of the most popular figures at the moment...I have to control him." ~ Syngman Rhee thought, perhaps he was exaggerating but Park's achievements were well-known by american advisors, even General MacArthur was impressed, Park Chung-hee could be a threat to his power therefore he chose to act.

"Good, perhaps our hero should be assigned to Seoul's garrison." ~ Rhee said, before thinking for himself. ~ "Here at Seoul I'll be able to watch over him, but taking his Chief of Staff position may cause some damage...I most be cautious."

Well people, here's the new update.
Apologies for taking so long, I've been a bit busy and my testing with events and NWO's files are consuming part of my time too.
However, I've got enough material to cover most of 1951 and I can safely assure you...it will be an interesting year.

By now I haven't done events to mess with other countries, I'll let the mod handle the international situation for now but whenever I get bored we'll see something new.

I hope you enjoy the update.
:)

Good to know these criminals will receive most brutal exe...I mean, completely fair trials :) :p
Indeed, communists will receive a fair trial, we are a "prosperous democracy" after all. :p

KPA raging a guerrilla.
Rhee supporting the enemies of the Korean people.
Park getting the Seoul's garrison.

An exciting year comes ahead, haha. :)

By the way, I liked my American Advisors tech team, quite useful. :p