• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my opinion what Lux needs now it's a fully fledged info post with the latest update, features, etc.

Agreed, the main thread is nearly a thousand pages long and the OP is incredibly out of date. It and the v0.6K12 thread should be retired and a new thread made to consolidate all the information a person actually needs with easy access to the downloads.

Ok, I posted a new thread to try to accomplish this. Hopefully, a moderator will sticky it for me...

Tobe honest, yes Lux needs some reworking, but its not like its dead. Having just revived it from actually being dead, it kinda hurts when people act like its still dead lol. ;)
Moreover, I get the feeling that
  1. Any remake is going to stall out at this point and then Lux Invicta is not updated at all
  2. The remake ends up changing too much and ruins the mod (for example, removing too many of the unique religions and their reforms)
Personally I just hope CK2 slows down updating their game and you guys are able to keep this mod maintained

Moreover, I get the feeling that
  1. Any remake is going to stall out at this point and then Lux Invicta is not updated at all
  2. The remake ends up changing too much and ruins the mod (for example, removing too many of the unique religions and their reforms)
Personally I just hope CK2 slows down updating their game and you guys are able to keep this mod maintained

A remake wouldn't remove content.

A remake wouldn't remove content.
idk why you got disagreed but kinda this
a remake wouldn't really remove much content; it probably would lead to the cutting of some extraneous things, yes, but not of the meat of the mod

Do you have a rough idea of what are some of the "extraneous" things?

A problem Paradox mods face is the sheer amount of updates and reworks the original game goes through. It's not Stellaris or EU4 levels of change in function, but still...

Do you have a rough idea of what are some of the "extraneous" things?
I haven't gone over everything so I can't give you an accurate answer, but there's a lot of dead and old code. Streamlining and unifying modifiers, reworking things to make them work under new rules, replacing a lot of the trigger or potential checks with scripted triggers etc.

Mostly code debt.

A problem Paradox mods face is the sheer amount of updates and reworks the original game goes through. It's not Stellaris or EU4 levels of change in function, but still...

Honestly, I'm glad for this. There's many many more things I'd want out of the game, but what we've gotten over the years (and remember this mod is over seven years old by now!) is more than amazing: the toolset we get to play with has exploded.

The breaking changes hurt, yes, but they don't hurt nearly as much as the rest of the toolset growing helps. I'd rather everything broke thrice over if that meant we got all the useful features we've been wanting ;)